Motorcycle Spares Warehouse
    n00bie

Default How much should I pay for a used '07 ZRX1200R?

G'day,

I could use the expertise of this forum

I've been looking at buying a late model '07 ZRX1200R Eddie Lawson Replica. There's a few around mostly at dealers from owners who have traded them in. I'm in my 40's so this looks like a proper bike to this ole' guy.

Is it my imagination or is it that bikes don't seem to be selling well now, or it might be just the bikes that I like? I've seen some seemingly unrealistic prices on these big Zeds and some dealers as sitting on them until they finally drop the price down to what the market will support.

Thanks for your opinions

n00bie

Well I was offered $5000 trade in for a BLACK 2001 ZRX1200R with 80,000 k's.
    In av cond with extra's, on a NEW M109 about 6 mths ago..

Not worth trading @ that price, I think

n00bie On a Mission

Real Name
    Trevor
    Bike
    Kawasaki GTR1000
    My Mood
    Tired

The best way I found to get prices is www.EBAY.com.au, www.Trading Post.com.au, http://allclassifieds.com.au, http://www.motorsm.com, http://motorcycles-for-sale.com.au/ ,bikesales.com.au and justbikes , Motorcycle trader mags. I just got my self a GTR 1000 done a lot of looking around and found the average price and found what I was looking for and very happy with it. Hope this helps all you looking for a bike.

n00bie

There are second hand "08 models going for close to new prices and there are older ones going for around $7500.

Buy the one with the least K's for what ever price you can afford.

Over the years, ZRX's were subject to mainly detail changes, so they are all pretty much the same. Most parts are interchangable year to year or even 1200 to 1100, but only some parts there.

If you are looking for aftermarket parts for the ZRX you'll find that most manufacturers won't list parts for any year after 2005 or 2006 as that was the last year they imported them into the USA.

The ZRX will tend to hold its value a bit now as they aren't making any more to bring into Australia and the new version in Japan (the Daeg) is sufficiently different enough to almost be classed as a new model.

n00bie

I know it doesn't help much but a mate of mine had one and loved it. He only got rid of it because of the high number of Km's he puts on his bikes ( traveling rep that only uses his bike). Like I said, no help at all. Maybe google "Redbook" at get an idea of prices that way

Steve

n00bie

Bike
    2000 ZRX 1100

You will find that a lot of Rex owners hang onto them because they are such a good all round bike and the looks dont age, just keep searching a good un will pop up and be gone before you know it, maybe worthwhile depending on your budget to check dealers for new ones still on the floor that they may need to clear.