n00bie

Default Hello, first post and advice needed

Hey folks, first time post. Stopped riding bikes about 10 years ago now. (Im 40), decided to go out and buy myself a bike today. Wow theres so much out there.

Can someone help us with some recommendations and help decoding models brand names eg ninja and so forth.

My last bike was a GPZ 900, loved it, road it rain / hail or sunshine, put about 30,000 kms a year on it for about 5 years. Now Im 6ft and 100 kilos, I tried a mates bike out which was a zzr 750, and the frame is just to small for me.

Took a 91 ZZR 1100 for a test run today and almost sxxt myself, frame size was good, power was scary, but then again I havent riden in a while.

Budget is say up to about 6500, anyone got some recommendations for me.

Thanks

Steve

who gives a rats ar$e

Real Name
    james
    Bike
    1998 1500 nomad. green/gr
    My Mood
    Innocent

Banned

Real Name
    Mick
    Bike
    2003 Z1000
    My Mood
    Breezy

AKRF Is My Life

Real Name
    matt
    Bike
    vn1500custom/82 gsx1100
    My Mood
    Paranoid

dont listen to them steve they drink way to much & are probably on drugs & & & well you get the idea,what you want to do is get yourself a vulcan classic pre efi model,the white & blue ones look real good,they are a 1500cc so they got lots of grunt & are great out on the hwy & are just a little over your price range!!!
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness i am kind to everyone,but when someone is unkind to me,weak is not what you are going to remember about me.........Al Capone

n00bie

welcome and go the cruiser! fun and easy to ride and comfy for the big trips.
    Bumper sticker of the year: If you can read this, thank a teacher—and since it’s in English, thank a soldier.

Senior Member - WA Crew

Bike
    2005 VN800 Classic

Quote Originally Posted by simso1 View Post
    Hey folks, first time post. Stopped riding bikes about 10 years ago now. (Im 40), decided to go out and buy myself a bike today. Wow theres so much out there.

Can someone help us with some recommendations and help decoding models brand names eg ninja and so forth.

My last bike was a GPZ 900, loved it, road it rain / hail or sunshine, put about 30,000 kms a year on it for about 5 years. Now Im 6ft and 100 kilos, I tried a mates bike out which was a zzr 750, and the frame is just to small for me.

Took a 91 ZZR 1100 for a test run today and almost sxxt myself, frame size was good, power was scary, but then again I havent riden in a while.

Budget is say up to about 6500, anyone got some recommendations for me.

Thanks

Steve
    Welcome Steve,
    A few older riders getting back in the saddle these days. I recently sold my old gpz600r and brought a 2005 Vulcan 800 classic. It's been great and I'm pretty happy I am now on a cruiser. I'm 6 foot and about 93 kilos so the cruiser is very comfortable.
    Shop round, if you want speed there are always some pretty good bikes for round 6500. I brought from a dealer and have been happy. Keep everyone in the loop with your new purchase
    Ben

muzza

i agree go the cruiser.s. welcome to the site mate

Full Of It

Real Name
    wayne
    Bike
    07 kawasaki nomad 1999 VFR800
    My Mood
    Devilish

hey simso1, welcome..have to agree, grab a cruiser then sit back and watch the world go by