Motorcycle Spares Warehouse
    n00bie

Question 125 Meguro Help with info

hiya all
    i have been left my grandfathers 125 motor bike after his passing and as i have found out he purchased this, imported this new from overseas in the late 50s early sixties??? the tank has the , like wings and the reversed MM logo and fully complete and rideable if anyone can help with year make , history ect ect it would be much appriciated even the mirrors have the MM logo??
    thanxs
    james

Administrator

I suspect the bike you have may be one of three possibilities.
    It could be a Meihatsu 125 which was produced by Kawasaki Aircraft Co. I have one which has the name Kawasaki on the engine case. (1.)
    Meguro, which was eventually bought out by Kawasaki produced produced three nice and elegant machines with overhead camshaft: the 125cc E3, the 250cc F and the 350cc Y A. mainly 250cc bikes which were very popular in Japan. Unfortunately they were too heavy for the export market. I think the photo below is of the 125cc Meguro E3 (2.)
    There is another possibility that it could be a M7 Meihatsu which became the first Kawasaki and was sold as the B8, B8T
    Not sure what the stylized double M or W stands for. Perhaps it is Meihatsu / Meguro
    Samples of Meguro emblems are below

If you can take some photos of your bike and post them here or send to me I may be able to give you more information
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1955_0Meihatsu.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	6105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1955 E3 Meguro.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	6106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meguro_kawasaki_logos.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	6107