Dynoverks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gpz 900r

n00bie

Default gpz 900r

hi all ive just bought a gpz 900r and i would like to know where is the best place to obtain a w/shop manual i am in melbourne. Also does anybody out there have a set of original pipes and mufflers that are only gathering dust in the shed! bfn email sgcrouch@yahoo.com.au
    Last edited by stephen crouch; 14-06-08 at 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Full Of It

Real Name
    peter
    Bike
    Z1 900A, 2000 Blackbird
    My Mood
    Paranoid

Welcome Stephen, you'll find lots of helpful people here.
    But you may have to pop a quickie about yourself into "introduce yourself' section, for them to see you're here. I can't help you with manuals, but I'm sure someone can.
    cheers

Jobs and bikes are an oxymoronic concept.

ronin1959

Welcome to the club Steve.
    As pbz said, probably best to repeat your post in the "Introduce Yourself" section (near the bottom of the home page), you'll get a lot more replies.

I also have a GPz900R. It had serious ignition and fuel issues when I bought it, but all sorted now, thanks to lots of help from this site.

The best place to ask mechanical Q's is in the "Workplace" section, and if looking for parts then use the "Accessories/Bike Parts" section.

I have seen sets of pipes & silencers on Ebay UK or USA, but freight is a killer.

Cheers, Ronin

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    z900,z1a,z1000,GPz's
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by stephen crouch View Post
    hi all ive just bought a gpz 900r and i would like to know where is the best place to obtain a w/shop manual i am in melbourne. Also does anybody out there have a set of original pipes and mufflers that are only gathering dust in the shed! bfn email sgcrouch@yahoo.com.au
    G'Day Stephen,

I have 2 GPz900R's, so double trouble I guess... Manuals come up on eBya all the time, just keep an eye out. I have a web site with details of my GPz900R rebuild http://z900.piczo.com/
    Sid
    Author "Howto Restore and Rebuild Classic Japanese Motorcycles"
    http://z900collector.wordpress.com/restoration/
    Bikes?? - Heaps!

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2001 GTR1000
    My Mood
    Relaxed

There are plenty of sites on the net that you can download manuals for free. Just google " free motorcycle workshop manuals ".
    By the way welcome to the site.
    Cheers
    Mark

" Lifes to short, ride free and enjoy "

n00bie

Haynes make a manual, its excellent, and its still in print.

n00bie

I think I might have a set of pipes and mufflers for a GPZ900R A1 (1984?) I'll have a look in the shed tomorrow, and let me know if this sounds right.

n00bie

I've got an original Kawasaki Factory manual if you're interested? I've had it for years. I'd be guessing they'd be rare as Dodo droppings.
    Last edited by sweetfa65; 18-09-08 at 08:57 AM.
    Look ahead, think quick, and GO HARD!!!

Banned

Real Name
    Mick
    Bike
    2003 Z1000
    My Mood
    Breezy

n00bie

If you use any torrent downloading programme, just type GPZ900R in the search area and the factory manual will come up. Its about 23megs so only takes a few minutes on a reasonably fast connection. None of the others (Haynes etc) are available for the 9er as freebies on the net.

If you dont do torrents, just google Utorrent, find the tiny little programme, stick it on your computer, and do the search with it. Downloading other stuff like movies and that is okay too, but be careful with software as you can cop a few virusus if your not careful.

Paul