n00bie

Default ZRX1200 Clutch Issues. Need Advice

Hi Guys,

My 2006 ZRX1200 has 25,000 kms on the clock and I've picked up the odd burst of clutch slip. Is it normal for a clutch to expire at this distance? This guy has a Youtube video showing clutch replacement - is it as easy as he makes it look?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgJSpIVban4

Is it safe to ride the bike with a small amount of clutch slip or will that fill the oil filter with friction material?

I've priced up the OEM clutch parts from Kawasaki. Should I buy OEM or can I get better value from another supplier? if so, where? There's a crowd (Motorcycle Wholesalers? Heidelberg Vic) who advertise on this site but they don't seem to list a clutch kit for a ZRX1200.

Any advice relating to ZRX1200 clutch kit sourcing and tips for fitting would be much appreciated. I've got a copy of the ZRX1200 Manuel from some guy in Mexico ; - )

PAH

n00bie On a Mission

are you sure its clutch ?. pretty low k,s . could be cogs and chain

n00bie

Yeah I think it's the clutch.

I've booked the bike in to get Glenn at Allfixed Castle Hill to look at it. Just as a matter of interest, Glenn has advised me to park the bike until i drop it in to him and to ride it gently. As I understand it, the concern is possible clutch material in oil galeries. Assuming it's a clutch issue, Glenn has mentioned an engine flush as a part of the fix.

PAH

n00bie

Having spotted the Youtube video mentioned above ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgJSpIVban4 ) I had almost decided to by a clutch kit and have a go at fitting it myself. GLAD I DIDN'T!!

I dropped around to see Glenn at All Fixed in Castle Hill. He immediately spotted the problem that I had missed. Problems with the actuating rod between the clutch lever and the master cylinder. The bike had fallen off its stand and broken the clutch lever and the PREVIOUS bike shop hadn't noticed bent actuating rod when they fitted the new clutch lever.

Many thanks to Glenn at All Fixed Castle Hill. You saved me wasting money on an unnecessary clutch kit.
    Here's a plug Glenn - 02 9634 1455.

PAH