n00bie

Bike
    Zephyr 750

Default WANTED Zephyr 750 Tank

Howdy folks,
    I have been chasing a tank to suit my Zephyr 750 for a while now and all out of ideas..
    I reckon I must have rang nearly every Wrecker in Australia to no avail..

Anyone have one or know of another model that would fit and have the same look?

email me at

info@vdcolour.com

Cheers Al.

n00bie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bike
    Zephyr1100 amongst others

close to rokin horse poo Al. There is a Zephyr forum I frequent and this is a very common request. They usually rust out along the bottom left where water collects especially if you have been foolish enough to put ethanol fuel in. What's wrong with yours? Start having a serious look at suitable repairs. Some cut the bottom off, fabricate a new bit, reweld and seal. I have seen new tanks come up occasionally but cost more than a new bike! So far no-one else in the Zephyr world has found something that will interchange. There was a bloke in Europe attempting to make fibreglass replicas but that has been going a few years with no result. I have used liquid metal type epoxy on my tank, looks horrible but the fuel stays inside.
    If it only has dents, pay the money and get it fixed.
    Did that cheer you up?

n00bie

Bike
    Zephyr 750

Cheers Bruce, I have resigned to the fact that its a unicorn turd I am looking for.
    I bought the bike a few months ago as a project.. It had been in storage for years. very few klms on the clock and the tank had a minor leak... no problem I thought. put some new bits on it and got it running beautifully.
    I have a custom painting business so naturally I was eager to do some fancy paint, stripped the tank and it turns out the paint was the only thing keeping the fuel in. many many holes and lots of rust in the seams.
    Explored the Doremi stuff from japan but none in stock and no restocking date.
    I know a guy that can fabricate anything so it will be his baby now.
    Cheers for your input, what is the zephyr forum you mentioned?

n00bie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bike
    Zephyr1100 amongst others

try this
    http://www.zephyr-zone.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
    or just do a search for zephyr-zone