Dynoverks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey all!

Real Name
    Loney
    Bike
    Triumph Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by Manda moto View Post
    Oh cool! Im from the Launceston area. unfortunately I haven't found any real nice roads with out having to travel 40-1hr away.
    I've ridden the Sidling, thats really the only twisty road I've been on and its very tight!
    Do you ride with any groups? ROT?
    Deloraine, then keep heading west. The Great Western Tiers I think it's called. Granted, it might be near an hour away but probably an hour that most riders would give their left fork seal to ride ....
    I like days when I have no where to go and all day to do get there.

n00bie

Bike
    Ninja 250 2010 SE

Have you ridden Lake leave road? Heard that's a nice road.
    I really need to get my butt out and see these roads!
    Still getting used to riding the R6... Not sure if I really like the set up 😕.

Real Name
    Loney
    Bike
    Triumph Thunderbird

Do you mean Lake Leake? Elephant Pass or something ...? I seem to remember I was told to try this road (east coast) but didn't - or missed the turn off - or forgot.

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    brendan ( bee)
    Bike
    1995 vulcan classic 1500
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Do you mean Lake Leake? Elephant Pass or something ...? I seem to remember I was told to try this road (east coast) but didn't - or missed the turn off - or forgot.
    yep loney its the lake leake road , if you are leaving beautiful orford heading north , you go through Swansea and about ten kms north of there you hook a left into the lake leake road, , ending up at Campbell town for a counter meal of course elephant pass is also a great road and the pancake joint up there is motorbike friendly and amazing pancakes and coffee , to get there you continue along from orford , through Swansea , don't turn left at the lake leake turnoff but continue through to Bicheno , ( head to the gulch in Bicheno for a little gem of a place called coastal seafoods for the countries best fish and chips , also call into the Bicheno bike museum , really worth a look , and heading north after Bicheno you will see the elephant pass turn off approx. ten kms out of Bicheno , by memory ,, then foillow the road to the end and turn left to link the midland highway , conara junction , but not recommended or go right to saint marys , ( st marys pub does awesome counter meals btw ) nice windy road down st marys pass , stay on road heading for st Helens and take a camera as its beautiful scenery , then through st Helens , Scottsdale back to Launceston , whatcha reckon ?

Real Name
    Loney
    Bike
    Triumph Thunderbird

Well I'm in!!
    I think it was Triabunna where I stayed then took the road straight up to Swansea (fish and chips on an old boat on the harbour???) then out to Freycinet, back onto the main road and followed it through to Launceston etc etc. Next time there will be other roads explored.

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    brendan ( bee)
    Bike
    1995 vulcan classic 1500
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Well I'm in!!
    I think it was Triabunna where I stayed then took the road straight up to Swansea (fish and chips on an old boat on the harbour???) then out to Freycinet, back onto the main road and followed it through to Launceston etc etc. Next time there will be other roads explored.
    Triabunna ? nice place but a bit of a ghost town since the logging stopped , the old boat is gone but a cool little fish van nearby is getting some attention, but watch out for the sneaker little copper hiding behind trees and in garbage bins , the old sarge from orford has retired after 30 or 40 years and young hitler is out to make a name for himself

n00bie On a Mission

Real Name
    Nigel
    Bike
    1978 Z1R: 2006 ZX14

Oh the memories of Tassie. As I recall, it is one big twistie road.