Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Full Of It

Bike
    250 Proddy, ZX14 Ninja SE

Just racing is fun so enjoy.
    Hope the weather is good for your outing on the revamped bike.
    pinitdontbinit

n00bie

Real Name
    Jason
    Bike
    ZXR 750 1994

thanks - so far its gone from raining all day to possibly being dry at least in the morning!

n00bie

Real Name
    Jason
    Bike
    ZXR 750 1994

Well this turned out to be an interesting day. Firstly the weather held, it was dry, sunny and not too cold. Pretty good. After starting the bike on the Saturday, running fine, when we went to go out for combined practice and qualifying on the Sunday morning, it was running on 3 cyls. Had to pull aribox and carbs off to get to the plug leads etc, seemed to be a weak an intermittent spark, we changed a few things, cleaned up a few terminals but didn't find anything definitive....put it back together and.....it fired up fine! I was indebted to my mates who were there, who did all the work. Luckily there was a big gap between qualifying and our first heat due to team shield races and so on, so I made the grid. Now we only had 5 entries in Pre Modern, however a couple were 1000's the most recent (and fastest) a 2003 GSXR. There was also a ZX7. Having not raced for a year and not having raced this bike at all, I was pretty tentative in heat one but managed 3rd. Having a lot of problems getting it off the line - tall 1st and flatslides can do that. Second heat was better, getting back in the groove, shaved 6/10's off heat 1 best lap, finished 2nd. last heat was the best, got in behind GSXR and fought the whole race, I got in front a few times but was out-grunted off the turns. I finished 2/10's behind across the line and set fastest lap for the class for the weekend so was reasonably happy with that, although I still only matched my best time at Broadford, which was set on a stock engined 1988 VFR750 with two pot sliding calipers.....meaning the ZXR is capable of better times but I'm not getting the best out of it yet - some work to do. But its a decent start. next step - new wiring loom and check all electrics!

I'm Getting There

Sounds awesome mate! Not bad for a 20 year old bike hey and sounds like you'll squeeze a bit more out of it yet too. Thanks for the update
    ZXR 750

n00bie

Real Name
    Jason
    Bike
    ZXR 750 1994

Thanks, the GSXR had a camera on the back and said he'll let me know when he's dropped it on Youtube, I'll post the link if it goes up. Had a mate's camera on mine but it malfunctioned - aaarrggghhh!