I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Bill
    Bike
    2012 Z1000
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Default Going for a ride on Sunday?

I'm getting together with a couple of mates on Sunday 13th july for a ride up the Old Pacific Highway to Kulnara, then across to Wollombi for lunch, then to Broke and back via the Putty Road. Would anyone like to join us?, everyone welcome.
    Last edited by Senetor17; 09-07-14 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Updated information
    Cheers, stay safe and do it now or you'll be that much older when you do, and if it feels good - do it

2012 Z1000....BOTM September 2013

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Bill
    Bike
    2012 Z1000
    My Mood
    Buzzed

You guys and gals missed a great ride yesterday. I'll post up some pics and a report later.
    Cheers, stay safe and do it now or you'll be that much older when you do, and if it feels good - do it

n00bie

Real Name
    steve
    Bike
    2012 z1000

Thanks for the ride on sunday very enjoyable nice weather and no POLICE ! lucky,can't believe the b------t on the other site!

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Bill
    Bike
    2012 Z1000
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010921b.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	23213Well you guys and gals missed out on a great ride on Sunday. Steve & I met up with a new guy, Reidy at Maccas at Bonnyrig at 8:30. A cool crisp and clear morning. With good riding gear we didn't feel cold and it wasn't a cold start. Since no one else responded to my invite we quickly decided that Gerry's at Kulunara via the old road was the first stop. The roads and traffic were very kind to us, it was one of the best runs I've ever had through Pennant Hills & Thornliegh. Then up the freeway to Berowra. The morning was fresh and crisp but very nice riding weather, and no wind to speak of. We had a great run up the Old Pacific Highway, although there were a lot of Mamils about (Middle Aged Men In Lycra for those that don't know that is Cyclists). We only saw two police cars during the whole trip. The first on the M7 shortly after leaving Bonnyrig. The only other police car we saw was having a hot coffee at Gerry's. There were lots of bikes out all day. Some groups catching up with us at our stops, and lots heading in the opposite direction. From Gerry's it was a brisk and quick run to Wollombi where we stopped for lunch. I think I now know why the burgers there are so popular. Their steaks are huge but a bit bland. So IMHO if you like good value for quantity, go the steak, but if you like really good steak, you're better off with a burger. The guys refuelled at Gerry's so they must have been going pretty hard, I was good till Broke then refuelled there for the run home. Again there was little traffic to speak of on the run from Wollombi to Broke where we all refuelled, the guys again. I'm not sure how hard they were going but I didn't try to keep up, I was enjoying the ride at my own pace. I wasn't holding back either as there were no groups that caught up to me to pass me. But when we stopped there were other groups doing the same loop. And I did catch and pass a few bikes on the run across from Wollombi to Broke. After refuelling at Broke we decided to break the trip home and stop at Grey Gum café. Always a good spot for a coffee and a bite. Then we headed to Wilberforce where Reidy needed fuel. All day the sun was shining, the clouds mostly stayed away and the air was crisp and clear. Very little traffic and plenty of corners to keep us busy and entertained. Just a word of warning, there are patches of Moss on the Putty road in some areas where the road doesn't get any winter sun. Looked like someone slid on the butt across one of the patches as there were strange marks through one patch and some debris on the side of the road.
    The weather was kind with not a drop of rain all day and we all arrived home safely with another great ride under our belts. Here are a few snaps from the day:

Name:	P1010922b.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	23214

Name:	P1010923b.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	23215

Name:	P1010924b.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	23216

Name:	P1010918b.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	23217

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Bill
    Bike
    2012 Z1000
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by biczip View Post
    Thanks for the ride on sunday very enjoyable nice weather and no POLICE ! lucky,can't believe the b------t on the other site!
    Yes I know what you mean. For some blokes that didn't even bother to come along for the ride, they managed to hijak the thread. All that really matters is that we had a great ride, so too bad they missed out.

Full Of It

Bike
    250 Proddy, ZX14 Ninja SE

Glad you had a great ride and as they say, there are those that talk about it and those that go and do it. There BIG loss.
    pinitdontbinit

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Bill
    Bike
    2012 Z1000
    My Mood
    Buzzed

I posted the above ride report and pictures on the other site and it's been quiet since. Maybe they got sick of arguing.