'; ?>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Full Of It

Real Name
    Jack
    Bike
    Vukcan 1600 Nomad(2006)

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    is that for the bevel? or the whole trans?
    That was to pull everything apart and replace the bevel gear and the one bearing. Nothing else (well gaskets and oils). Part 13101A.
    I could get a complete new unit from the states for about $1650- $1700. Just bloody hopeless. What was worse is the head mechanic at the local Team Moto Kawasaki shop admitting he hadn't done this kind of pull down.

Full Of It

Real Name
    Jack
    Bike
    Vukcan 1600 Nomad(2006)

Have started to pull machine apart in anticipation of unit turning up this week.
    Spent an hour and a half taking off left footboard; gear shift levers; left engine cover; seat; exhaust system; bags frames; oil drained. Tomorrow will get my son to assist me putting machine up on blocks and parting swing arm/ back wheel assembly from main frame; loosening engine supports for when I need to raise rear of engine to get the bevel gear assembly off the motor.
    Prized the gold cap off the bevel gear assembly and pushed the nut on the end of the bevel gear assembly and there was movement up and down and front to back. That's proof bearings are shot (apparently) so think I'm on the right track.