Thread: Gear indicator.

n00bie

Real Name
    Alex
    Bike
    2013 ER6n & 2008 GSXR600

Default Gear indicator.

Hi all.

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket gear indicator to an ER6n? I was thinking about the HealTech GIPro, but wondering on mounting options. There isn't alot of free space on the ER, and I don't want it looking like a dodgy after thought. Any ideas or alternative options would be welcomed.

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Bill
    Bike
    2012 Z1000
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Hi Alex. I don't know if any aftermarket gear indicatiors that don't look like an afterthought. I have a GIPro on my Z1000, but I had to make a bracket to mount it. It is very hard to see the bracket, bit it's still there if you look. One issue I have found with the GIPro, it works of the ECU, so that it calulates engine revs and road speed to work out Which gear you are in. Which means that if you don't let the clutch out as you gear down at traffic lights, it could be telling you that you are in 6th gear, when you know you are in first. Once you get going, it catches up. But if you are not aware of this issue, then you could get confused.
    Cheers, stay safe and do it now or you'll be that much older when you do, and if it feels good - do it

2012 Z1000....BOTM September 2013

n00bie

Real Name
    Alex
    Bike
    2013 ER6n & 2008 GSXR600

Yeah I've been trying to think of ways to mount it but nothing seems suitable. I reckon I'm not going to bother getting one now anyway, especially since I've just bought a full exhaust and spent more than I originally intended

n00bie

Real Name
    Trae
    Bike
    2012 ER6NL

Gi Pro can be mounted easily via double sided tape or Velcro style tape.