Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Aaron
    Bike
    1989 ZX750H

Sweet as man, what colour scheme are you going with?

n00bie

Real Name
    Dave
    Bike
    96 ZZR250

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron81 View Post
    Sweet as man, what colour scheme are you going with?
    I was thinking of going for black with Kwaka green wheels and detailing, but as its for the wife and her gear is all blue and silver, that is what she wants. I will be using a chinese import fairing kit and these are readily available in a blue scheme, and I have a mate who owns a spray shop so I will get him to colour match the old tank to that. Things are moving along nicely, more to follow...

I Gotta Get Out More

Bike

Missed this one ,, G'day Dave ... (another one, what is it with that name ??? ) You paid bugger all for it and SWiMBO gets exactly what she wants. Sounds like a win to me..

happy building mate..

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Aaron
    Bike
    1989 ZX750H

I have heard that you have to be careful with the chinese imports as they can be out on the measurements and dont fit up properly

n00bie

Real Name
    Dave
    Bike
    96 ZZR250

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron81 View Post
    I have heard that you have to be careful with the chinese imports as they can be out on the measurements and dont fit up properly
    Yeah, I know but there are two differrent suppliers, one is charging bout $460 an the other bout $590, from what I've read and researched the pricier ones are a fairly good fit, checked out all the e-bay feedback and found the cheaper ones were real dogs, but hey! you get what you pay for... any how, plastics are a long ways off yet. Anyway just dropped the parts off at the powdercoaters, went for silver and blue to keep the minister for war and finance happy, should be back for friday ($150 for cash, bargain). Next, I've been reliably informed by a trusted breaker that the shocker from a late model 250 ninja is a shoe in, anyone tried it? Obviously I would have liked to use the old one but its in such a **** state it would be cheaper to replace than refurb.

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Aaron
    Bike
    1989 ZX750H

Yeah I was lucky with the springs on mine, even though the bloke looked to have been paddock bashing with the bike the springs were still pretty good hey

n00bie

Real Name
    Dave
    Bike
    96 ZZR250

Ok, minor set back! went to the powder coaters to pick up the parts and they are all opposite to what I ordered IE black parts are now silver and vice versa. Ho hum. so I have to wait another week but get double thickness coating for the same money.

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    Aaron
    Bike
    1989 ZX750H

What if they dont remove the old coat the colour will bleed through the top layer when they bake it in the oven

n00bie

Real Name
    Dave
    Bike
    96 ZZR250

Ok, time for an update, got all the parts back from the powdercoaters, the correct colours this time! the silver is more a metallic grey but I like it, got new bearings and seals for the wheels, swingarm and sprocket carrier, pretty much ready to start reassembly when I can afford $320 for new tyres. In the meantime I finished the engine refurb, did new gaskets, oil and water seals filter, etc. Checked and adjusted the valve clearances (easy when the donk is on a stand), cleaned and repainted with VHT engine paint, hopefully the before and after pix will show below, also bought a few missing parts fron a local E-Bay seller, when I went to pick them up I found he was breaking four (yes 4) ZZR250's.
    Now I have a source endless parts to choose from, as I built the engine stand I am toying with the idea of buying the lowest milage engine complete as a spare! Next cashless job is to refurb and re-oil the forks, really looking forward to stripping and repairing the carbs too as this was the original problem with the bike and why I got it cheap. Hope you are enjoying the reports, more to follow.....

n00bie

Real Name
    Dave
    Bike
    96 ZZR250

pix
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3728.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	22245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3727.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	22244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3840.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	22246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3842.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	22247