n00bie

Real Name
    bevan
    Bike
    1985 KX125

Default '89 KX125 questions

G'day All,

After many years without a bike I've recently picked up an incomplete 1989 KX125 to avert my mid-life crisis. It needs some rebuilding and some parts sourced and I'm wondering where around Perth (business or private) is good for second hand kwaka parts and good advice.

The first thing I'm after is a front wheel so I can at least shuffle it around the shed, and the list grows from there...also wondering what other kwaka models are interchangeable with parts?

Any help is much appreciated.

cheers

Bevan.

Full Of It

Bike
    250 Proddy, ZX14 Ninja SE

Welcome to the forum.
    Nice pick up for you to restore up. Some of the KX250 parts are the same but you need to look at the parts manuals on some of the parts supplier sites. I sold my KX250 last December and most of my parts I purchased were from america only because I don't put second hand bits onto it only original new ones and the places hear are a blatant rip off and most of the stuff from USA is nearly half price.
    A front wheel can be purchased new from Seminole in the USA. and they have online parts microfich to verify the part and cost. but if you are looking for a second hand one only the wreckers or someone on here may have one lying around.

Hope it goes together well for you and enjoy the ride.

http://www.seminolepowersports.com/Validate.aspx
    Last edited by SLOWPOKE; 22-08-13 at 09:14 AM.
    pinitdontbinit

n00bie

Real Name
    bevan
    Bike
    1985 KX125

thanks for the info.

I've just cleaned it up enough to look at the numbers and it is a KX125D from what i can see on the net makes it a little earlier?

n00bie

Real Name
    Mark
    Bike
    Kx 450f 13, kx 125 88

Hi mate try this site http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/
    you can gauge wether parts from different models will fit, ebay has been my best resourse so far