Dynoverks
    n00bie On a Mission

Real Name
    Mat
    Bike
    2006 ZRX1200R , 1980 Z1000HFuel Injected

Default What tyres, how many Km's?

Hey gang... What tyres do you run, how many Km's are you getting, how do they perform in wet and dry?

Michelin Road Pilot 3's

I was so impressed with theses tyres, I just put another set of Michelin Pilot Road 3's on my ZRX1200r.

Amazing grip and confidence in the wet, even over white lines and metal grates.
    Equally excellent performance in the dry, ( an I gave them a bit of a workout, just to be sure)
    I got 11,500km out of my last set, prob 70% commuting and 30% ratbagging. Some are getting up to 15,0000km

I have seen these tyres on high performance sports bikes to large sports/tourers and highly recommend givingk them a go.

TEAMMOTO in QLD and Blacktown Sydney, offer some of the best prices on these tyres and are worth checking out the net.

Cheers

KiwiMat

The Other Fat Kid

Real Name
    John
    Bike
    1975 MalvernStar Dragster
    My Mood
    Confused

I agree Matt im just about to put another back tyre on but im still using the 2's i did the great alpine way 2 up and fully loaded down the nsw coast and back into melb and many other trips prolly 50/50 2 up went down to tassie on em and rode fairly hard as ya do down there. Have no chicken strips on em at all and just a tad under 13.000 klms on em prices to replace from the local dealer was around $238 fitted thats for the 2's not the 3's it was an extra $100 bucks....Just as a foot note coming down onto the plains from the alpine way it was 42deg and the road was melting under us but they didnt twitch at all
    August 2011 BOTM winner the Mighty ZZR 1100
    Once apon a time !!!!

Gone

Resident BS Artist

Real Name
    Kim
    Bike
    Hodaka RT-750
    My Mood
    Cheerful

When I got off the stock tyres I put Conti Road Attack 2s on front and back. Absolutely fantastic as soon as I left the shop, as if my brain was glued to the road. The back went about 11,000 (front still OK) and I replaced it with an Avon Storm II Ultra for a bit more touring mileage. Great grip but doesn't have the brain/road/glue thing happening.

OTOH, on the recent Hunter ride I led a bunch of guys I'd never ridden with from Freeman's Waterhole, through Wollombi and Broke to Singleton. Only one guy stayed on my tail through the twisties north of Wollombi so the Avon was working pretty well.

n00bie On a Mission

Real Name
    Glenn
    Bike
    Black 2011 Ninja 1000 ABS
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I don't use my bike for commuting and weekend play.

Bridgestone BT016 - 5.4k km. Great all round tyre.

Conti Road Attack 2's - 8.5k km. Great in the dry gave me too little confidence in the wet.

Michelin PR3 - 11.0k km. A rear puncture near the end of the tyre life I reckon rob me of 1-2 k km. Best tyre in the wet but didn't like them in the dry as much as the bike seemed to move around too much in the corners. I had PR2's on my VFR800 and I thought they handled much better than the PR3's but the not as good with mileage.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2's 3.1k km. They look to be wearing faster than I had hoped but fantasic in the dry and very good in the wet. Looking at these they may have another 3k km at best in them.
    Last edited by hacky1; 30-06-12 at 01:49 PM.

Have bike, will use it.

Hope to see you on our next ride last Sunday in the month of ?

Sydney Motorcycle Club http://www.sydneymotorcycleclub.org.au/StartSMC.htm

See Ya!

Hacky

Full Of It

Real Name
    Robert but prefer Bob
    Bike
    2009 Kawasaki VN2000
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I have just put a second set of Avon Venoms on the V2K. They hang on likr baby excretia to a blanket and wear well. From memory I got a tad over 15000 out of the last set. I was going to try the Michelin Commander 11 but they do not make them to fit the bigger cruisers.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob
    KEEP YOUR KNEES IN THE BREEZE,STAY UPRIGHT BUT MOST OF ALL STAY SAFE.

Ulysses member 54757
    VROC Member 32817
    Remember Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic.
    Before the word you are it's master, after it is spoken you are it's slave.
    A HAND OUT is what you get from Government. A HAND UP is what you get from a friend.

Full Of It

Bike
    2009 ZX6r Monster Energy Edition

not sure what mine are but still got the stocky's......12500Kms later and still great grip
    Here comes the Booom!!

Current - 2009 ZX-6r Monster Energy Edition - Hotbobies MGP Carbon Slip on, Dyno Jet PCV, Dyno Jet Auto Tune, K&N Race Air Filter

Previous - 1993 Suzuki GSX-f Across

n00bie

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 650L

Are the Bridgestone battleaxe tyres the standard tyres that come with most ninjas? I have them on my 650 and I'm not sure if they are original or not. I bought it with 14,000km on the clock and they're still going, but I don't like them. They feel hard and unresponsive.

Could the stock tyres last past 15k? I'm there now and they seem to be still going, just bad.

n00bie On a Mission

Real Name
    John
    Bike
    08 900 classic

I have Avons and like them a lot.
    Regards
    John

VN 900 red 08 Classic
    BOM Aug12
    BOM Jan13