Dynoverks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zzr250

Default zzr250

just bought a zzr250, i have noticed there is a knocking niose and a ticking noise from the engine . is this normal or does it need a major service . also has anyone know where you can get a rear disc as mine is worn out

n00bie

hard to say what the noise could be without hearing it. best take it to the shop ang get their opinion. a wrecker would be your best bet for a disc, but they are pricy!

I Gotta Get Out More

Bike
    Honda GoldWing
    My Mood
    Breezy

knocking is no good , but ticking isnt that much of a issue providing its to overwhelming . i'd get the bike checked out by a Kawasaki mechanic & give it a major service , if its got no service history ..

Full Of It

May not be a death sentence. Might be timing chain or valve adjustment related.
    This place is totally addictive
    If you think education is hard, try being stupid.

Shelly

You can buy non-genuine discs brand new with pads for little more than wrecker prices.

the knocking noise only happens when i start the bike then it goes away. a service is the best answer

n00bie

Thumbs up

I just bought a zzr250 and the same thing, when I start it, there is a knocking noise but then it goes away. Sounds terrible, makes you want to turn it off after just turning it on, but is a nice bike, love it!

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    1999 ZZR 1100 - D7

Quote Originally Posted by graham.davis1976@btintern View Post
    just bought a zzr250, i have noticed there is a knocking niose and a ticking noise from the engine . is this normal or does it need a major service . also has anyone know where you can get a rear disc as mine is worn out
    This is normal for a ZZR/GPX 250. If you pull the clutch lever in the noise stops.
    Last edited by Head_Mechanic; 07-10-07 at 05:37 PM.

n00bie

Thumbs up

yep H.M is on the money about the knock, same thing happened to mine. Nothing a new engine didnt fix lol but from what ive been told it aint that bad. Does it only happen in neutral buddy?

Jason
    Last edited by Housie; 07-10-07 at 04:33 PM.
    Bike: 93' GPX250 with 06' engine conversion

n00bie

Cool

Yep! only happens in neutral. Have been riding it for a while now and have worked it out. Also goes away when I pull the clutch in. I try not to sit at the lights in neutral too much as people might think my motor is going to fall out. Done 50k kms, is still going sort of ok