Victorian Motorcycle Wreckers
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: why ninja

n00bie On a Mission

My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorCastrator View Post
    Whilst the Ninja name came from certain boffins (actually bonkins), whilst at some special Japanese tea house where too much Saki was consumed after watching the sales success of the TMNT... The Katana legend and naming has a much simpler explanation..

Whilst negotiations regarding trade levies and imposts on imported motorcycles were occuring in the USA, one of the Japanese Suzuki negotiators spent may dollars on higher classed women than Hugh Grant did whilst in the USA..

Thus, when once again, much Jack Daniels had been consumed (I can confirm that for a season in the mid 80's this was the drink of choice for many of the top Jap execs, having been in their company back in my old racing days), it became obvious that his exploits with two women needed to be told whilst in the Sauna of the hotel.

Thus, whilst struggling to name the new model bike from Suzuki, the tales of legendary bed time bonanzas with blonde, big breasted round eyes was also being told..

So, the name katana was arrived at whilst an absolutely blotto Jap on jack Daniels was expounding and expanding the tales of his bedtime exploits with the two big breasted blonde round eyes, kate-n-anna..

Which when slurred in japlish whilst under the influence of JD, soon became the story of the legendary night with kat anna.. Which of course, soon became the name for the new bike, the Katana.. Referring to the night when even though drunk, he managed to bonk doubley, with his sword! So kate-n-anna soon became legends of the drunken double edged sword!

I mean it, this is all true.. Would I lie to you?

It happened exactly as I am telling it to you now, whilst standing on the surface of mars, enjoying the view
    THIS HAS GOT TO THE WINNER just edit the mars out
    Attached Images Attached Images  

n00bie

I'm with grant on this one.. hahaha... Almost had me convinced too...
    'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Scotch in one hand - Chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!'

n00bie

The way I understand it, it was simply the fashion at the time. The GPZ900R (AX900) was named the Ninja back in 84 (which soon caught on about the world). It was simply an answer to Susuki's "Katana" name. They wanted something cooler, and found it.

Not as exciting or interesting as that other story, but hey, I think this one is how the name came about.

I'm Getting There

Quote Originally Posted by planezrx View Post
    I think we are all thinking about this way too much! It was probably thought up by two marketing boffins over a bottle of Saki when one of them says..

"Hey, wouldn't Ninja be a frikken cool name for a bike?"

That's my thought!

Cheers,
    Pete
    Sounds remarkably similar to my theory 9erPaul!

Cheers,
    Pete

n00bie

so what you are saying that ninja means look out im coming through.

Real Name
    Loney
    Bike
    Triumph Thunderbird

Default R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedav View Post
    This is a slightly dented one, hit a deer while competing in the US Iron Butt Rally some time back.

With reference and reverence to the sad news in other thread...

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2010 Ninja 250r

The worlds greatest swordsman were the Samurai.They also had unarmed combat skills such as Jujutsu and could use all other weapons aswell.

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2010 Ninja 250r

The name is awesome regardless...

Banned

Real Name
    Benny
    Bike
    2011 Z1000 ABS
    My Mood
    Inspired

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2010 Ninja 250r

Yes,the Samurai used Aiki-Jujutsu,bo-jutsu,yari-jutsu etc etc.The Ninja's were awesome 2 using Tai-jutsu.The Ninja name on the Kwaka's was a great idea and an excellent name 2 use 4 marketing.I love it.