Motorcycle Spares Warehouse
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    n00bie

this would be one of the worst delt recalls i have ever seen, waiting to tell the world has really given teh bike a bad name, i doubt sales will be big with this bike till the series 2 molde comes out and it has proven itself, i was going to buy one but have since changed my mind and am now getting a superduke R, and i only changed my mnd by kawasaki not maning up and saying what the problem was right up. Ill be keeping my 04mdl zx10 race bike though.

Its not my fault officer, the bike made me do it.

Really Full Of It

Bike
    '01 ZRX1200R (ZR1200-A1)
    My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by browser zx10 View Post
    this would be one of the worst delt recalls i have ever seen, waiting to tell the world has really given teh bike a bad name, i doubt sales will be big with this bike till the series 2 molde comes out and it has proven itself, i was going to buy one but have since changed my mind and am now getting a superduke R, and i only changed my mnd by kawasaki not maning up and saying what the problem was right up. Ill be keeping my 04mdl zx10 race bike though.
    lighten up!...the recall's no worse than your spelling mate!

my only concern is the milder cam & heavier valve springs will drop the power

shouldn't be a problem tweaked for WSBK......i hope!!!
    '01 ZRX1200R https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_3OoDrit0mh8/TVWrg8ZSSzI/AAAAAAAACr8/oKB4GmG86Rs/A_800x600.jpg ZR1200A1

Senior Member - WA Crew

Real Name
    Dave
    Bike
    2010 VN1700 Classic

Full Of It

Bike
    250 Proddy, ZX14 Ninja SE

The problem would not even manifest itself on the road as no one will ride it at redline plus on the road for long periods in all gears. Well if you were running from someone you might.
    It is only a problem if you are Chris V and on the race track at full tilt and with the mapping they run. So even if they didn't change anything we would never know unless we went racing on it, and that is why they recall them because they don't know who will do that.
    pinitdontbinit

Full Of It

Bike
    2009 ZX6r Monster Energy Edition

Its going to be a beast either way so a recall is just a make sure that its all good.
    Here comes the Booom!!

Current - 2009 ZX-6r Monster Energy Edition - Hotbobies MGP Carbon Slip on, Dyno Jet PCV, Dyno Jet Auto Tune, K&N Race Air Filter

Previous - 1993 Suzuki GSX-f Across

Really Full Of It

Bike
    '01 ZRX1200R (ZR1200-A1)
    My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Davo65 View Post
    All we need is a fit Chris Vermullen to ride it
    always liked Vermeulen...Sykes is no slouch either

just hope the 10 is easy on the tires right out of the box
    '01 ZRX1200R https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_3OoDrit0mh8/TVWrg8ZSSzI/AAAAAAAACr8/oKB4GmG86Rs/A_800x600.jpg ZR1200A1

Senior Member - WA Crew

Real Name
    Dave
    Bike
    2010 VN1700 Classic

Really Full Of It

Bike
    '01 ZRX1200R (ZR1200-A1)
    My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Davo65 View Post
    You think with all the money he is making he could of had that mole removed from his face by now
    don't be silly...it's an obvious advantage turning right

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2010 ZX-10R
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by browser zx10 View Post
    C'mon Johnny,what did you want Kawi to do,Investigate the issue properly(which takes time)and give you a 100% genuine answer to the tech hold,or bullsh&*t to the world and look really bad.Or they could have done what countless other manufacturers have done,which was nothing and sell bikes that blow lots of oil,break cams and motors.KHI handled the situation IMO as well as they could of given the situation.
    Saw one doing a track day at the Island yesterday and Race Replica have got a couple as of today.
    I think they could be the measuring stick in the 1k class.
    Speed does not kill,it's the sudden stop!!!

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2010 ZX-10R
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jefflthomas View Post
    lighten up!...the recall's no worse than your spelling mate!

my only concern is the milder cam & heavier valve springs will drop the power

shouldn't be a problem tweaked for WSBK......i hope!!!
    KHI have stated in a press release that the new parts(intake cam,springs,retainers)will not decrease power at all,we will soon see as they hit the streets and Dyno's.
    Speed does not kill,it's the sudden stop!!!