Dynoverks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2004 zx-6r
    My Mood
    Pensive

Default 2010 Motogp: Round 2 Jerez *Spoilers*

Ok, for the first time I watched moto2 and I have to say these 4 strokes are delivering! 20 something bikes within a second in qualifying is incredible and these blokes are riding the wheels off of them it was amazing. The 19 year old Japanese rider Shoya Tomizawa, has himself a new fan . 1 win, 1 pole, 2nd this race. I hope he keeps his form up. Japan needs a rider in motogp.

motogp was ok...bit dull in the middle but closing laps were good. Lorenzo stole the show, and that victory celebration was super! Shows what adrenalin can make you do haha, im pretty sure he was drowning in his leathers LOL.

Pedrosa rode his heart out. I dont think I've seen him defend so aggressively! Rossi solid with injury. Stoner fans must be a little concerned, Hayden comfortably ahead of Stoner the whole race, and matched his qualifying pace too. Ducatis off the pace though.

I had Spies in my top 5, had a great start but he soon retired. DOH. Simoncelli is gonna get better and better too.
    Big fan of his!

All in all, enjoyable!

pucara

Totally agree mate, I reckon that Lorenzo was the show, since he passed to 4th place then was non stop, and when he took on Pedroza even better. I reckon that will be a very exciting season.! cheers

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2010 250R

Yeah the Moto2 was a bloody excellent race I am certainly a fan, especially Kenny noyes he did bloody well considering! but im with you wilfumi Shoya Tomizawa is the man to watch I think

MotoGP was a bit boring, Was glad to see Lorenzo win, Still would have been good to see Pedrosa win too. Dunno what was up with stoner, both the ducatis seemed to be lacking the pace?? They are either flying and losing the front end, or sticking to the track 20 seconds back haha

And how about that crash at the start of the Moto2 Race :O Lucky there wasnt any serious injuries
    2010 Ninja 250R - Oggy knobs, Seat cowl, Rim tape, HMF slip-on

1990 GQ Maverick money pit with all the fruit

n00bie

How crap is the channel ten commentary team though? Moto2 was awesome and it kept you on the edge of your seat, but I think towards the end MotoGp did too but the difference was the BBC commentators in Moto2 class made it way more exciting, channel ten had long pauses and didn't pick at all Lorenzo's run to the top! I think they're hopeless, anyone agree?

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2004 zx-6r
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by Mavtrol View Post
    Yeah the Moto2 was a bloody excellent race I am certainly a fan, especially Kenny noyes he did bloody well considering! but im with you wilfumi Shoya Tomizawa is the man to watch I think
    Arr yea, I think i'll go rewatch it now haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mavtrol View Post
    And how about that crash at the start of the Moto2 Race :O Lucky there wasnt any serious injuries
    that was scary, Elias was hit pretty hard along with the few others, and as he tries to run away he trips over himself lol poor guy. He won though so he must be feeling alright now haha.

I know in open wheeler car racing, if you get hit by a spining tyre/wheel, your chances of survival are pretty slim (many track marshals lose their life from flying wheels) so it was scary seeing them get hit by the rear tyre from the bikes sliding in...lucky no one hurt

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2004 zx-6r
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by ryotalsax View Post
    How crap is the channel ten commentary team though? Moto2 was awesome and it kept you on the edge of your seat, but I think towards the end MotoGp did too but the difference was the BBC commentators in Moto2 class made it way more exciting, channel ten had long pauses and didn't pick at all Lorenzo's run to the top! I think they're hopeless, anyone agree?
    Daryl Beattie is Monotonous in tone, but at least being an ex-racer he has some interesting views and no BS talk. Greg Rust is Monotonous in everything. Mr Repeat. But Im just glad its on TV at all, So cant complain too much. Now we need WSBK, with proper coverage.
    Last edited by wilfumi; 04-05-10 at 08:11 AM.

AKRF Is My Life

Real Name
    matt
    Bike
    vn1500custom/82 gsx1100
    My Mood
    Paranoid

i recon it was pretty good racing,dunno about casey though,neither ducati`s were super fast but i recon stoner was just a little gun shy & his plan was to just finish & get some points,of course i picked him to win & about the only two guys i didnt pick for something were the two spaniards!!!!...........why is it that riders seem to find that bit extra at their home gp?.......were they not trying as hard for the other races?
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness i am kind to everyone,but when someone is unkind to me,weak is not what you are going to remember about me.........Al Capone

I'm Getting There

Real Name
    brendan ( bee)
    Bike
    1995 vulcan classic 1500
    My Mood
    Confused

Default fair call

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    i recon it was pretty good racing,dunno about casey though,neither ducati`s were super fast but i recon stoner was just a little gun shy & his plan was to just finish & get some points,of course i picked him to win & about the only two guys i didnt pick for something were the two spaniards!!!!...........why is it that riders seem to find that bit extra at their home gp?.......were they not trying as hard for the other races?
    i agree totally,,,do they try more at home circuits ? go stoner at the island in october !

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2010 250R

Yeah its a funny situation, but seems to happen with all sports, I notice it lots in the rugby league here, maybe they are just more familiar with their home track/crowd?? Dunno beats me lol
    2010 Ninja 250R - Oggy knobs, Seat cowl, Rim tape, HMF slip-on

1990 GQ Maverick money pit with all the fruit

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2004 zx-6r
    My Mood
    Pensive

They probably did all their junior racing etc there its like their backyard probably like every 2 weeks they race on it and knows the ins and outs of the circuits...and there is always 'home ground advantage', take a few more risks. I think there are 4 Spanish rounds so get ready lol. a few Italian rounds too if I'm not wrong...