Dynoverks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2004 zx-6r
    My Mood
    Pensive

Default 2010 Motogp: Round 1 Qatar *Spoilers*

What did everyone think? I thought it was much better than in previous years' opening round when a certain Ducati would just disappear into the distance. I tipped Stoner for this round and he goes and has a play in the sand. No matter though, perfect start for the doctor. Felt for Hayden, he rode brilliantly and only got out-dragged to the line to finish 4th. That's right, the Duc got done for straight line speed. Something must've been wrong with Haydens bike? But that Repsol Honda has some serious straight line speed. Every lap you see it pull away from the Ducati and reel-in the Yamaha.

The rookies struggled, I really thought Simoncelli would've done better, but it's early on. Ben Spies didn't struggle, incredible ride for 5th I think!

Anyways, good start to the new season!

I'm Getting There

Bike
    2007-2008 ZX6-R
    My Mood
    Lurking

Great race i thought as well. The Hondas were the real surprise for me. Like you said Wilfumi, in a straight line the dukes had nothing. Hayden rode well. Nice comeback for Lorenzo in the last part of the race. Good debut for Spies, will be interesting to see how much he improves during the season. Was good to see the podium winners to actually work for their position for a change. If this race is anything to go by, this is gonna be one helluva season.

For all the AKRF tippsters, the round 1 results are up on the oztips website.
    Bring on round 2.

AKRF Is My Life

Real Name
    matt
    Bike
    vn1500custom/82 gsx1100
    My Mood
    Paranoid

i taped it & watched it this afternoon{even though the tools on the bloody radio gave out what happened to stoner before i could turn the radio off!!!the actual telecast was still being played at the time,,,really 5hits me when they do that!}Not a bad race thou i must say,it was an interesting comment from dayrl beatie about how he recons the top speed loss for hayden was due to fuel mapping for the circut,i wonder if they have the abillity to adjust the fuel on the run? i thought it was set before the race,he was quick in the early part of the race,why not at the end?good to see spies up there in his first race,might get to see some competition this year for casey & vallentino
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness i am kind to everyone,but when someone is unkind to me,weak is not what you are going to remember about me.........Al Capone

[comfortably numb]

Real Name
    Richard Cranium.
    Bike
    Never you mind
    My Mood
    Aggressive

AKRF Is My Life

Real Name
    matt
    Bike
    vn1500custom/82 gsx1100
    My Mood
    Paranoid

well if stoner hadnt chucked it all away i`d be doing better!lol
    dont mistake my kindness for weakness i am kind to everyone,but when someone is unkind to me,weak is not what you are going to remember about me.........Al Capone

pucara

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    well if stoner hadnt chucked it all away i`d be doing better!lol
    No worries easy, early stages! it is a long competition

Bloody I've missed!!! How was it?

NSW Crew - Chief Mechanic

Real Name
    Patrick
    Bike
    1998 GPX 250R (Fightered)
    My Mood
    Daring

Apparently valentino runs quite a heavy tank of fuel in comparison to the other racers which is why he just gets faster and faster by the end of the race...

[comfortably numb]

Real Name
    Richard Cranium.
    Bike
    Never you mind
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Senior Member - WA Crew

Real Name
    Dave
    Bike
    2010 VN1700 Classic

n00bie On a Mission

Bike
    2004 zx-6r
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by Chunked View Post
    Apparently valentino runs quite a heavy tank of fuel in comparison to the other racers which is why he just gets faster and faster by the end of the race...
    He ran out of fuel on the cool down lap

Also another interesting note, Rossi had the slowest straight line top speed of the whole field.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    i taped it & watched it this afternoon{even though the tools on the bloody radio gave out what happened to stoner before i could turn the radio off!!!the actual telecast was still being played at the time,,,really 5hits me when they do that!}Not a bad race thou i must say,it was an interesting comment from dayrl beatie about how he recons the top speed loss for hayden was due to fuel mapping for the circut,i wonder if they have the abillity to adjust the fuel on the run? i thought it was set before the race,he was quick in the early part of the race,why not at the end?good to see spies up there in his first race,might get to see some competition this year for casey & vallentino
    Haha the place I used to work at always had the radio on (common yes) so whenever I was holding out to watch the replay of a race I'd avoid knowing the results but covering my ears. My colleagues thought I was having one of my nutty moments...understandable now that I think about how I would look lol
    Last edited by wilfumi; 13-04-10 at 07:22 PM.