PDA

View Full Version : Weeknight cruise?

KAWPOW
27-06-09, 06:23 PM
Just wanting to know who would be up for a cruise sometime this week or coming weekend.
I just got my bike and wouldn't mind heading out with a few people for a ride..I'm also all ears for people who have suggestions for where to go etc for a learner like myself.
I'm from around mascot..

KAWPOW
29-06-09, 12:02 PM
No one's keen on a cruise this weekend?

gazpacho
29-06-09, 12:27 PM
I'll go for a night ride with you mate... maybe over to Manly and back through eastern suburbs.... out to Watson's Bay along through the beaches and then down to La Peruse... then home through Mascot...

How's Wednesday night sound? (I'm riding down to Ulladulla tomorrow for work)

Anyone else wanna join in a night ride are welcome.

Where so you wanna meet up?
Gazza

gazpacho
29-06-09, 12:31 PM
Yeah.. no crazy stuff... I only got 2 points left.

Napper85
29-06-09, 07:19 PM
Yeah im keen, Weeknight/Weekend. Just post up Details.

KAWPOW
29-06-09, 10:12 PM
Can we make it a thursday night? meet up 8pm at Bp on general holmes drive just after air port tunnel Brighton le sands?
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1461/thursdaynightcruise.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/thursdaynightcruise.jpg/)
Then you can lead the cruise on destination...?

gazpacho
29-06-09, 10:34 PM
Sounds good. I'm in.
Gazza

Napper85
30-06-09, 09:39 AM
Gazza can lead the Route. I'm in plus a dude on an NSR.

VixenAndrea
30-06-09, 09:43 AM
if it was melbourne i'd be saying ' PICK ME PICK ME' lol

KAWPOW
30-06-09, 11:15 AM
Sounds good,hopefully the weather is nice =D

Napper85
30-06-09, 02:02 PM
Sounds good,hopefully the weather is nice =D

I saw you on Saturday going past Red Rooster Kogarah Bay. Bike looks great man. Too bad i didn't get a chance to tell you to come for a Natio run with us.

KAWPOW
30-06-09, 06:11 PM
I saw you on Saturday going past Red Rooster Kogarah Bay. Bike looks great man. Too bad i didn't get a chance to tell you to come for a Natio run with us.

Yeah,I went for a ride.. Was an awesome day!
I had a look at the weather forecast...doesn't seem like it will be pleasant so wear something warm..
http://weather.smh.com.au/local.jsp
Their prediction is Late thunder Min: 9C Max: 18C UV: Moderate
So I was thinking either we leave it for thursday or make it for tommorrow night where their prediction is Mostly sunny Min: 14C Max: 21C UV: Moderate
Or postpone it for next week (midweek tuesday or wednesday by the looks of the weather forecasts?)
I'm happy to go ahead but just wanted to know what everyone else thought?
Or should we dismiss the weather man because they predicted a 23degree day today and it was mostly 18degrees.

gazpacho
30-06-09, 09:09 PM
How about we stick to our plan and meet Thursday at 8pm at your nominated venue........ But If raining on your way there turn around and head back home... we'll postpone to whenever next available.

KAWPOW
30-06-09, 09:13 PM
How about we stick to our plan and meet Thursday at 8pm at your nominated venue........ But If raining on your way there turn around and head back home... we'll postpone to whenever next available.

Sounds good so Thursday it is.
Those who are coming pm me so i can give you my number encase you are running late etc.

KAWPOW
02-07-09, 10:49 AM
Ok sofar we got
gazpacho
Napper85 +1
And i believe there will possibly a couple more?

Lukeyy
02-07-09, 05:24 PM
I'm new here and was actually gonna come along tonight, but unfortunately plans changed, well more like I couldn't change my plans. So next time you guys decide to organise a little group ride count us in! I live in Summer Hill so that puts me pretty central to most areas. I ride an 09 ninja all black. Enjoy the cold and hopefully see you on the next ride!
Lucas.

KAWPOW
02-07-09, 06:19 PM
No worries Lukeyy,Your more than welcome anytime!..
There are a few more heading out(other forums).. so that should be good
:)
Will post some pics up tomorrow!
cheers!

Napper85
02-07-09, 06:33 PM
So how many Riders we got coming down?

gazpacho
02-07-09, 10:12 PM
was fun. have to do it again sometime.

Napper85
02-07-09, 10:15 PM
Was a good ride, doing silly **** near Bondi but it was good.

porko83
03-07-09, 09:02 AM
If i had known about this cruise I would've been in, Im new and dying to go on a group ride ASAP! Got a green 09 250R (how original lol) Posted my info on the 'SYDNEY RIDERS ROLLCALL' so hopefully there is a cruise in the coming days!
Peace

gazpacho
03-07-09, 09:52 AM
Well, we can do a similar run next Wednesday night if anyone is interested..... yes cruising up the winding road on the hill towards Watson's Bay is fun.... but we'll have to stop for a coffee/smoke somewhere next time.

Next time I suppose whoever is leading should look at the map before ... lol .... I missed the turn to Tamerama. Stupid thing is, I used to live 600m from Tamerama Beach so I should have known.. but that was 25 years ago.... three kids and all that bourbon does something to the memory banks.. and all the old familiar buildings have been renovated dang it!

I'd still like to do a run to Manly.... and it would be fun to terrorise the city a bit more... and perhaps swing up through woollomooloo bends towards the Cross.. then out through Double Bay again... whatever.

Anyone up for it?

KAWPOW
03-07-09, 10:09 AM
It was a scenic ride through watsons bay etc,We definately have to do it again! Nice to put some faces to names.

porko83
03-07-09, 12:08 PM
I ride by myself to palm beach everyday and i have to say that is awesome because there are heaps of long sweeping bends, but i am on the northern beaches so its pretty close for me, I am up for next wednesday night! Can do a bondi/palm beach run, meet somewhere in the city or chatswood??? im not sure where everyone lives but somewhere central will be nice, and there has to be atleast a cafe stop somehwere or two along the journey!
Can't wait!

gazpacho
03-07-09, 01:26 PM
I like that!

The trick is to avoid tollways......

We can meet you at Bondi Beach if you like... and head up to Palm Beach going through the city and north via Glebe Island Bridge.. then across to manly and up the coast to Palm beach.

Those of us who live on the South Side can assemble at foreshore drive Botany... head up through the eastern suburbs beaches to Bondi.... then on to Palm Beach following Porko... (I havent got a clue about the North side)... but I did a job at palm beach once... so I know we can return to teh Southern Suburbs quite efficiently via Pittwater Road through to Homebush and along King George's Road.

That's a round trip of around 2.5 hours from Foreshore Drive, I think.... so we could meet at bondi at 8pm for an 8.30 departure.... and be home in the South by 11pm .... or midnight if we spend too long drinking coffee!

Any other suggestions?

Seth2009
03-07-09, 01:40 PM
Gaz,

Haven't been on a ride since we did the national Park run. I'm up for it next Wednesday night.

All the guys around the Hurstville area lets meet up somewhere so we can head down with Gaz.

Napper85
03-07-09, 01:44 PM
Lets get a decent weekend ride going, Old Pacific HWY. Meet at Pie in sky and do a couple laps, meet early in the morning. Should be a good day.

MoNo_MaN_1
03-07-09, 04:23 PM
Tomorrow morning I am going for a ride meeting at the Mobil in Berowra on the Pacific Hwy at around 8.45ish for a 9am depart.

Already have a few other riders so feel free to join us, we will be heading up OPH and stopping at Gosford. Will decide on heading back down OPH or down through wisemans from there.

Ride should be finished a little after midday at the latest.

Let me know if your interseted or just rock up before 9am at the Mobil

Napper85
03-07-09, 06:22 PM
Tomorrow morning I am going for a ride meeting at the Mobil in Berowra on the Pacific Hwy at around 8.45ish for a 9am depart.

Already have a few other riders so feel free to join us, we will be heading up OPH and stopping at Gosford. Will decide on heading back down OPH or down through wisemans from there.

Ride should be finished a little after midday at the latest.

Let me know if your interseted or just rock up before 9am at the Mobil

I'll probably head up sunday.