PDA

View Full Version : zzr 250 95 REVING HIGH

funksoul
20-10-06, 07:19 PM
I have just brought a 95 zzr 250 that has been fitted with a bigger jet kit before i got it would that cause the motor to rev high at the lights in neutral is it because of that jet kit or is there a problem with carbies
thanks Bruce

MIKER
21-10-06, 07:40 AM
i'm no mechanic but i see no reason the jet kit will force revs up a great deal more @ idle :confused: . best to get a motorcycle mechanic or kawasaki dealers mechanic give the bike a look @ .
p.s welcome to kawariders :) ..

funksoul
21-10-06, 09:58 AM
i was thinking about doing that on monday
thanks Bruce

maginoodle
21-10-06, 12:21 PM
have you tried turning the idle down? theres a black adjuster knob on the left side just above the front of the gear lever.

funksoul
22-10-06, 12:41 PM
i will gave it a go and see how that works also stupid question number 2 what are the dials on the brake abd clutch for tension i guess but what is higher and lower
thanks Funksoul

maginoodle
22-10-06, 05:35 PM
turn it in(clockwise)for more revs out to lower them. you will soon know if your going the right way.

ColinD
22-10-06, 07:38 PM
The dials (as you call them)on the front brake & clutch lever are there so you can adjust the distance of the lever between the handle bars and the lever.
Just keep adjusting the setting until you find setting that suits your hand size.
To adjust just push the lever away from the handle bars and turn the adjuster one way or the other.

funksoul
22-10-06, 07:44 PM
all advice taken thanks bruce