PDA

View Full Version : Will Mean Streak 1600 Standard pipes fit My vULCAN 1600 Classic

blowfly
06-04-09, 08:38 AM
:ciao:Hi all, thinking of fitting standard Mean streak black pipes to my VN 1600 classic? Has anyone tryed this........will they fit?....and has anyone out there got any for sale?......Any advice would be appreciated Thanx.

Hamers
06-04-09, 03:21 PM
Best thing to do maybe to ride to your local Kawasaki dealer and compare a meanstreak with you bike. This works for me! :)

venu108
06-04-09, 03:53 PM
Hey Blowy,
Why spend so much dosh? I'm presuming you will have to buy the pipes right? So why not just paint your originals pipes (heat shields) with Dupli-Color High Heat Ceramic spray paint. $20 a can and it works! Looks real good and stays on. I can give you more of the low down if you wish.
Cheers.

2003mean
06-04-09, 05:07 PM
Put a set on my classic and drilled them out with a 32mm hole saw. Souned good and looked ok. Only replaced them as I wanted two into ones. The only problem was that they rubbed my saddle bags.
Cheers.....Vic
You could have them but i am in Brisbane.

blowfly
06-04-09, 07:57 PM
Hey Blowy,
Why spend so much dosh? I'm presuming you will have to buy the pipes right? So why not just paint your originals pipes (heat shields) with Dupli-Color High Heat Ceramic spray paint. $20 a can and it works! Looks real good and stays on. I can give you more of the low down if you wish.
Cheers.
Thanks for the advise .........might just do that for now.....Cheers blowfly

ripitupher
16-04-09, 07:02 PM
My local dealer told me today the only difference is the rear mounting brackets....but do you trust him? I am buying a set and am going to try them, if they work i'll let yall know.

easyrider
17-04-09, 02:00 AM
they are basically the same motor so i dont see why they wouldnt fit,but yes the mounting bracket would be in a different spot so you would have to make one up to fit

Bundyrumandcoke
03-05-09, 08:44 AM
With people chopping and changing exhausts, does anyone have a set of heat shields that would fit an 07 Nomad lying around that they are willing to part with. Time to do a bit of experimentation.