PDA

View Full Version : Smash Repairers in NSW

Wrecker
04-10-06, 04:22 PM
Can anyone recommend a good repairer in the Blacktown area.

born2sin
05-10-06, 02:56 PM
hey wrecker did you smash up the ER already?

I have asked a few of my mates and i will get back to you ASAP, i grew up out in the hills and most of my friends are still out that way so one of them has to know someone good.

BTW put the Hel braided line, good quality brake fluid and EBC Double H sintered pad on this morning. pulls up real quick now, just gotta resist the urge to do stoppies now :D

born2sin
05-10-06, 03:04 PM
Well that was quick seems most of my mates recommend a place at Smithfield. They say they are a bit pricey but do a fantastic job.

Mototech 91.
Victoria Ave
Smithfield
Ph: 02 9725 5600.

Wrecker
05-10-06, 03:54 PM
Friend and i was travelling along the Putty Rd headed for the Halfway house. As it was a long weekend there was a festival at Putty so we decided to go in and have a good look.

Anyhow we were going down the hill slowly, as we both didn't know the road, a car in front of me, about 50 metres continued straight onto a dirt road, We both started to stop and then relised the road bent to the right, leaned in (think front brake was slightly on and travelling at about 40) and the front wheel went (gravel & dirt) and fell onto right side and slid for about 20 metres.

The worst thing was my friend also went down in sympathy.

Both of us had to limp home at 60 - 80kmp, 3hr trip back.

Damage to mine (ER-5)

Front wheel and rotor against left fork (and at angle)
scraped speedo, lost right blinker, handle bar bent, front brake sitting about 7cm lower than throtle (also damaged)
Rear break pedal bent back under rear peg (stuffed)
Scraped exhaust.

No paintwork damage

Friends bike (ZZR 250)

Minor damage to fairing and snapped of rear peg and brake assembly.

Injuries

sore shoulder and hip

Moral of storey

Always have basic tools
Always wear the right gear

born2sin
05-10-06, 05:27 PM
Dude that totally sucks but at least you got home (even if it took you 3 hours).

You are totally right about the tools. I have beefed up my standard tool kit on the ER with small socket set, better quality spanners (8mm upto 17mm), multi tool, blade screw driver, better piliers. Also chucked in spare fuses.

Although i have only ever had to fix my speedo cable on the side of the road (twice) when i take off with the disc lock attached.

Any way if i here more about smash repairers i'll let you know.