PDA

View Full Version : Sissy Bar

Spooninatar
03-09-06, 05:00 PM
Hi

I'm looking for a sissy bar for my vn250. I've looked about on the net and nothing has poped up specificly for a vn250.

Does any know of someone who makes sissy bars that may fit a vn250?

Cheers

Spoon

John64
06-04-07, 10:29 PM
Hi Every body I have found someone that will make a sissy bar for every cruiser I bought 1 for My VN250 and it looks great the web address is www.bibblebar.com and you will see my bike there on the last page and they are not to dear ether.

wheelbarrow
07-04-07, 08:55 AM
Like anything on these beasts, it's a personal thing.

I have seen, first hand one of these sissy bars on a VN1500 and they mount under the frame chrome guard cover and the guard and actually scratch the paint where it comes out a bit from under the cover.

Can't see it from the pics on www.bibblebar.com and the one I saw could have been one ruff a$$ job.

I like seeing something first hand before frigging around trying to make it fit.

Hope I haven't put you off, but helped...

John64
07-04-07, 11:53 AM

I have seen, first hand one of these sissy bars on a VN1500 and they mount under the frame chrome guard cover and the guard and actually scratch the paint where it comes out a bit from under the cover.

Can't see it from the pics on www.bibblebar.com and the one I saw could have been one ruff a$$ job.

I like seeing something first hand before frigging around trying to make it fit.

Hope I haven't put you off, but helped... send me your e-mail address and i will send you pics of my bike side view and back view I'm very happy with it you can ring him and talk to him ask him questions that is what he likes my email address is john64@tsn.cc if you want to see the pics of my bike

wheelbarrow
07-04-07, 06:32 PM
Good to know what I saw was a one off and your happy with your bar.

Can you maybe post the pics to a web site or here? Spooninatar would probably be just as interested to see it.

Once again personalizing a bike is a personal thing and these bars donít appeal to me, but Iím having a hard time finding one that flows with the lines of the bike.

A mate has suggested making some molds and getting some aluminum ones made as part of the chrome frame cover. Like anything it all takes time and this isnít anything Iíve done before. If anyone locally has any experience at this Iíd love to get some input on this.

John64
07-04-07, 06:59 PM
Good to know what I saw was a one off and your happy with your bar.

Can you maybe post the pics to a web site or here? Spooninatar would probably be just as interested to see it.

Once again personalizing a bike is a personal thing and these bars donít appeal to me, but Iím having a hard time finding one that flows with the lines of the bike.

A mate has suggested making some molds and getting some aluminum ones made as part of the chrome frame cover. Like anything it all takes time and this isnít anything Iíve done before. If anyone locally has any experience at this Iíd love to get some input on this.

can you let me now how to put a picture on hear tried but didn't work
C:\Documents and Settings\John Avery.ACER-2E68C49B20\Desktop\Vn250backend.jpg try this see if this works

John64
07-04-07, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=John64;9153]can you let me now how to put a picture on hear tried but didn't work
C:\Documents and Settings\John Avery.ACER-2E68C49B20\Desktop\Vn250backend.jpg try this see if this works cut and paste it

wheelbarrow
07-04-07, 07:21 PM
You need to upload it John64.

If you scroll down from where you "Reply to Thread" you will see "Additional Options". Then "Attach Files" and upload the file via the "Manage Attachments" button. There is size restrictions.

You can only view an image from a web server that you have uploaded your image to and not from your local hard drive.

Like this http://members.dodo.com.au/~roadshow/ride.jpg

Not like this C:\Documents and Settings\...

Let me know how you go.

Daniel

John64
07-04-07, 09:40 PM
have a look at this then the bracket goes behind the crome and the frame but the washes spaces keep it off the gards I think they look great and they do the job I wanted and they where 1/2 the price of new ones I was going to go with crome but the powder coated looked better on the bike since the hole bike is black bar the crome I'm very happy with them.

wheelbarrow
07-04-07, 10:55 PM
The VN1500 I saw with this bar was rubbing on the guard. He probably didnít have it fitted correctly. That particular bike was generally ruff, thatís why I didnít buy it.
The black powder coated definitely looks better than the chrome on your bike.

Thanks for the pics John64.

John64
08-04-07, 11:17 AM
The VN1500 I saw with this bar was rubbing on the guard. He probably didnít have it fitted correctly. That particular bike was generally ruff, thatís why I didnít buy it.
The black powder coated definitely looks better than the chrome on your bike.

Thanks for the pics John64.

I was going to buy a Vn800 but I was still on my L's even though I'm on my blacks now but the 250 goes well I have had it upto 230ks fine and that wasn't flat out that was over taking some one on the highway I filled the bike up after goeing to reserve I did 250ks and it used 11lts I think that is good works out to be just over 22ks to a litre and I'm happy with that. I sit on most of my trip to work betwwen 100 and 105ks as I live in Junee and I travel to Wagga Wagga every day I work so I do 47ks 1 way and i would say that at least 30ks is highway

Big bopper
11-04-07, 11:21 AM

Hope I haven't put you off, but helped...

I don't know what you saw but I have one on my VN1500 and it is mounted on the outside (Like the original) a good inch away from my fender. My mate has one on his Suszuki and its mounted on the inside using two spacers between the mounting plate and the indent in his fender. No scratches and the polished stainless steel looks as good if not better than the rest of the chrome on the bikes. I like them because they are different and make the bike look beefy. They can't be to bad if Link International has taken on the distribution. They are designed and made by a guy on the Gold Coast, who by the way can't do enough for you. Lets give em a break.

wheelbarrow
11-04-07, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Big bopper and thanks for your point of view.

Always nice to buy locally and to get good service.

Spooninatar
18-04-07, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the link john

John64
04-05-07, 08:58 AM
I was going to buy a Vn800 but I was still on my L's even though I'm on my blacks now but the 250 goes well I have had it upto 230ks fine and that wasn't flat out that was over taking some one on the highway I filled the bike up after goeing to reserve I did 250ks and it used 11lts I think that is good works out to be just over 22ks to a litre and I'm happy with that. I sit on most of my trip to work betwwen 100 and 105ks as I live in Junee and I travel to Wagga Wagga every day I work so I do 47ks 1 way and i would say that at least 30ks is highway

they are seeling the sissy bars over E-bay now
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170068773943

MIKER
04-05-07, 09:33 AM
they are seeling the sissy bars over E-bay now
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170068773943

thanks for the heads up .. ;)

Bigbopper1964
11-04-10, 10:24 AM
That's the original one piece side plate design. They are now detachable and come in different styles with a choice of backrests, cut out flame or engraved eagle. They are now selling a bundle package with everything you would need for a new bike for less than you would pay for the original sissy bar alone. I don't know how they do it but check it out at www.bibblebar.com
Don't let the dot.com fool you. It's an Aussie company on the Gold Coast.

KLR 650 guy
11-04-10, 08:59 PM
have a look at this then the bracket goes behind the crome and the frame but the washes spaces keep it off the gards I think they look great and they do the job I wanted and they where 1/2 the price of new ones I was going to go with crome but the powder coated looked better on the bike since the hole bike is black bar the crome I'm very happy with them.

Hell thay look Sh*t hot there M8 in the black:rock: