PDA

View Full Version : twin spurs - 19 October

[Aidan]
20-10-08, 11:18 AM
hi guys

weekend_rider and I decided to head off early sunday for a run to marysville for brekky. also in the convoy was a mate in his new Liberty GTB Turbo - absolute luxury by comparison!

ride started great, minimal traffic and the black spur was a breeze. weather was nice, bit overcast but not too cool.

uneventful until, around 1km before marysville, a medium sized roo decided to bound out onto the road in front of me. i was sitting on 100 at the time.

didnt completely surprise me, but didnt give me enough time to brake either! just enough time to brace, share an expletive or two with myself and prepare for a date with the tarmac.

thankfully, the roo 'hit' me from the side as opposed to the front wheel. i felt it brush my foot, and it did a quick about turn and bounced back into the bush.

we both got off lucky i think...

should have bought a lotto ticket upon returning home! bit of a wake up call as to how vulnerable we are, even when travelling along a straight road devoid of traffic.

rest of the ride was enjoyable and uneventful. marysville was quiet but a group arrived including two duke 1098S and a pearl white 848...uber nice

we then moved onto the reefton which was nice except for the usual stick here and there to avoid. a few bikes passed the other way, but rather quiet really.

Mithel
20-10-08, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a good day. Glad you got thru without going down.

MIKER
20-10-08, 06:54 PM
good to see you didnt go down , one must be fully ready for anything riding the spurs .. ;)