PDA

View Full Version : melb to albury and back again

VixenAndrea
15-10-08, 06:10 PM
i'm planning over the next few weeks to do a day ride just up to albury and back.
it would be (obviously) a saturday or sunday as i wanna catch up with some friends for a quick hello and blow the cobwebs out of my brain.
if anyone is interested in a relatively boring ride (round yarra glen yea seymour then good old boring hume) let me know.
also any alburyites - wanna meet me for an afternoon cuppa before i head back?

r-shippy
15-10-08, 06:19 PM
let me know when and I will try and meet you Wangarrata or Wodonga

mickdundee
15-10-08, 06:44 PM
My parents are migrants and they spent about 2 years in the Bonnegilla migrant camp, I weent there recently on a pilgrimage, well was kinda on the way to Canberra anyways might be in this so I can go again see it in daylight hours hopefully :D

bigwheels
16-10-08, 02:16 PM
If you want to stay of the Hume for a bit longer continue on to from Yea to Mansfield and over the twisties to Whitfield. Then a short stroll to Wangaratta and about 40mins on the Hume to Aldury/Wodonga. I`m sure you`ll enjoy it! :)

r-shippy
16-10-08, 05:03 PM
If you want to stay of the Hume for a bit longer continue on to from Yea to Mansfield and over the twisties to Whitfield. Then a short stroll to Wangaratta and about 40mins on the Hume to Aldury/Wodonga. I`m sure you`ll enjoy it! :)

Sounds like you are close by Bigwheels?:p

bigwheels
16-10-08, 05:32 PM
Yep, within an hour and a half from home I can head to Mt Buffalo, Mt Hotham or Falls Creek. Lucky me:D

If you have time V.A. after Wangaratta you can go through Myrtleford, turn off at Ovens and go through Happy Valley ( Well named to those who know the road ) and wind your way back on the Kiewa Valley Highway back to Wodonga.

Hooroo

Vulcanator
16-10-08, 06:01 PM
My parents are migrants and they spent about 2 years in the Bonnegilla migrant camp, I weent there recently on a pilgrimage, well was kinda on the way to Canberra anyways might be in this so I can go again see it in daylight hours hopefully :DHey...I lived there for a year in 1960. Would love to see the old place. If you're going there take some piccies and post them please.

Cheers

VixenAndrea
16-10-08, 08:47 PM
thanks everyone.... i'll let you all know when... thinking around 2-3 weeks time

mickdundee
16-10-08, 10:47 PM
Hey...I lived there for a year in 1960. Would love to see the old place. If you're going there take some piccies and post them please.

Cheers

Already been and did indeed take some piccies.