PDA

View Full Version : who wants to go to tassie tomorrow?

doggybaws
10-10-08, 09:07 PM
iam bored man! whats the chance of a quick mish to tassie, whoes up for it? from melb ? a bunch of keen ninjas would be cool!

brucey
10-10-08, 09:14 PM
are you able to go to tassie and back in 1 day? wouldnt you do more boat riding then bike riding if you do??

doggybaws
10-10-08, 09:25 PM
tell u the thruth mate , ive no idea , just know ive got three days off and its either ride to the island again and drool on the track or do somthin different? maybe some tassie folk could tell uz how its done on the quicky?

Butch71
10-10-08, 09:30 PM
I would love to go to Tassie tomorrow. It's got some of the most BEAUTIFUL scenery i've ever seen. I'm way too far away though, unless of course i flew. HMMM. There's a thought. :p

Tasvulcan
10-10-08, 09:31 PM
Guys you can't rush Tassie, you would need at least a week to get a taste of what we have, day trip not an option sorry. But anytime you north islanders want organise something let me know and I will help anyway I can :D

ronin1959
10-10-08, 09:32 PM
iam bored man! whats the chance of a quick mish to tassie, whoes up for it? from melb ? a bunch of keen ninjas would be cool!

Hey Doggy, ya gonna have ta stay off the green stuff, its' not doin ya any good mate!........:D

ronin1959
10-10-08, 09:34 PM
I would love to go to Tassie tomorrow. It's got some of the most BEAUTIFUL scenery i've ever seen. I'm way too far away though, unless of course i flew. HMMM. There's a thought. :p

Not necessarily Butch, I'm riding down there next month!!........;)

Tasvulcan
10-10-08, 09:34 PM
Told ya you would open a can of worms with that youtube link :rolleyes:

ronin1959
10-10-08, 09:36 PM
Told ya you would open a can of worms with that youtube link :rolleyes:

:o :o :o

doggybaws
10-10-08, 09:37 PM
i know its gonna be vast and beautiful, well that's what she said , but surely a taste is a good thing , whats the deal on bikes over and back etc? how much? could we do a weekend run? and of course can we stay at your joint , and will u have beer in the fridge?

doggybaws
10-10-08, 09:41 PM
whats that , the vb's? ronin?

Tasvulcan
10-10-08, 09:42 PM
i know its gonna be vast and beautiful, well that's what she said , but surely a taste is a good thing , whats the deal on bikes over and back etc? how much? could we do a weekend run? and of course can we stay at your joint , and will u have beer in the fridge?

Check "Spirit of Tasmania" website for prices and sailing times, different rates for different times of the year. Bed and booze always available for fellow forum members :D

ronin1959
10-10-08, 09:42 PM

For single passenger with the bike, cheapest ticket is $140 each way, for a lounge chair.

To do Tassie in a weekend, you'd need to get boat on a friday evening and be back on the boat sunday evening for a 0600 arrival in Melbourne.

I'll pm you my ex-wife's address, her deadbeat alcoholic partner always has beer in the fridge........:D

doggybaws
10-10-08, 09:43 PM
or the ninja serum?

Tasvulcan
10-10-08, 09:44 PM
For single passenger with the bike, cheapest ticket is $140 each way, for a lounge chair.

To do Tassie in a weekend, you'd need to get boat on a friday evening and be back on the boat sunday evening for a 0600 arrival in Melbourne.

I'll pm you my ex-wife's address, her deadbeat alcoholic partner always has beer in the fridge........:D

Mate she didn't tell me she was your ex :eek:

ronin1959
10-10-08, 09:48 PM
Mate she didn't tell me she was your ex :eek:

Thats coz she didn't want ya to know she was ur half-sister!!.....:eek:

Tasvulcan
10-10-08, 09:51 PM
Thats coz she didn't want ya to know she was ur half-sister!!.....:eek:

LMFAO dude we definately have to hook up when your here :D

Butch71
10-10-08, 09:52 PM
Not necessarily Butch, I'm riding down there next month!!........;)
Oh wow Ronin. Can you dink me. I promise I'll lean with you, not against you.. LOL...:p
I'll definately look up the Ex... I'll let her know you said it was her shout....:eek:

doggybaws
10-10-08, 09:56 PM
hmmm , bit pricey for some , plus i know its a great place worth way more than a weekend , but i still think it could be worth it with some help from some local knowledge , u know the ones that can will come back but also open the doors for some to touch the place, ive openened the door anyway, maybe we could get somthin organized , charity event , ile put forth the royal childrens hospital , the suns comin out lets ride to tassie and back , ?

Tasvulcan
10-10-08, 10:02 PM
hmmm , bit pricey for some , plus i know its a great place worth way more than a weekend , but i still think it could be worth it with some help from some local knowledge , u know the ones that can will come back but also open the doors for some to touch the place, ive openened the door anyway, maybe we could get somthin organized , charity event , ile put forth the royal childrens hospital , the suns comin out lets ride to tassie and back , ?

Well to give a heads up to anyone interested there is a Poker Run here on my patch the first Saturday of March which will be 2009 now. All money raised goes to Make A Wish for sick kids. Its a great day and takes in a lot of back roads off the beaten path. Will remind everyone again when it gets closer.

doggybaws
10-10-08, 10:14 PM
sounds cool man! but thats ages away! itle be snowing there by then!

Tasvulcan
10-10-08, 10:18 PM
sounds cool man! but thats ages away! itle be snowing there by then!

Nah still good here by then , previous years had the odd downpour but nothing serious

doggybaws
10-10-08, 10:19 PM
if iam still in the country , ile be there mate , promise