PDA

View Full Version : Sat 11th October

VixenAndrea
06-10-08, 05:12 PM
I am a member of a Ulysses club in Melbourne (as well as the webmaster) and for those of you that know me, you can imagine I have joined the one that is the most shyest and oldest (NOT!!!!). They are having a tyre kicking day next Saturday for anyone wanting to come along and then go for a fang afterwards......

this is the link to the site

http://www.morningtonwanderers.org/

and this is the ad I have put on the font page...

COME AND KICK OUR TYRES !!!

The Mornington Wanderers would like to invite you to our meeting place, The Cool Stores for a Brunch on Saturday 11/10/08 commencing @10am.

All too often we pass each other on our roads, and only talk to each other at venues, etc this will be a good chance for a different Saturday morning ride to our neck of the woods, and to meet and talk with like minded people, and check out each others bikes.

We will be offering you Bacon. Eggs and sausages for $4.50 and coffee at bar prices, as well as a wet bar.

Depending on numbers, we could leave at lunchtime for a quick ride down the Peninsula.

VENUE: The Cool Stores (Peninsula Tavern) cnr Eramosa Rd and Moorooduc Hwy Mooroooduc .Mel Ref 106A9

Off street parking and undercover Bar

so hopefully I will see some of you there for a ride :-) :-) :-)

old doc
06-10-08, 05:15 PM
Excellent. I just needed an excuse to amble down to the peninsula. See you there!

VixenAndrea
06-10-08, 05:18 PM
well if anyone is interested i'll be there heading from templestowe so can join up with whoever wants!

mickdundee
06-10-08, 05:58 PM
Turns out I have Sat off so happy to hook up again on the Eastern freeway if others want.

gpxbabe
06-10-08, 06:35 PM
Yeah, hopefully will join you. Will be good to catch up, Andrea...

VixenAndrea
06-10-08, 06:40 PM
i agree Gill - its been TOO LONG

Colsie
06-10-08, 08:50 PM
Hope to be there too?:D

gpxbabe
06-10-08, 09:36 PM
Oh bugger, just remembered I'm helping my girlfriend move house on Saturday....... :mad:

WINESY
07-10-08, 04:51 PM
I'll try and make it, have been off work for 5 days so haven't seen a roster. Am a local girl to that area, grew up & lived in Mt Eliza for 26yrs, would love to go back for the sake of a ride!

VixenAndrea
07-10-08, 06:46 PM
it would be great to catch up winesy - maybe we could find another young surfie dude to help out of his wetsuit....

mickdundee
07-10-08, 07:05 PM
So we have a few takers it seems, do we have a meeting point for those north and west and time even, I suggested eastern freeway but no takers thus far, given it's your ride Andrea, can we get a hook up happening somewhere?

WINESY
07-10-08, 07:12 PM
Hell Yeah!!!! Hehehe. I'm always on the lookout, ok, well i'm not really, im a shy wilting flower by myself, but with you around- anything's possible!

old doc
07-10-08, 07:36 PM
What about Tram Rd again at say 9.00. That should get us to Moorooduc 10-ish even if we don't do eastlink all the way but get off @ Springvale Rd & down to Monash Fwy or even down Blackburn Rd to Westall Rd and along Peninsula Fwy.

VixenAndrea
07-10-08, 07:40 PM
you mean the park and ride at the doncaster exit of the freeway?

old doc
07-10-08, 08:07 PM
No, where Mickdundee & Russel & I met up, was on the side of the Fwy just before where Tram Rd goes over it.
Plenty wide emergency lane, was easy to spot those two as I was tootling along looking for an EXIT (there isn't one from the Melbourne direction, duh!)
But if people are happier with Park & Ride, that's easy too. I'm not at all fussed either way :)
My only worry about all riding together is I think I cramped Mick's style. He never ONCE lane-split the whole way to Hampton Park, it must've nearly KILLED him. And he shouldn't have worried, I do it all the time :o

VixenAndrea
07-10-08, 08:26 PM
i've ridden with you - and yes you do lane split - i thought that was standard?????? i don't know anyone who doesnt....

DOH - the park and ride would be perfect for practising the cornering!

old doc
07-10-08, 08:38 PM
I think Mick was just being terribly careful. He probably watched me riding along the freeway and thought, she looks like she's about to fall off any minute :eek:

mickdundee
07-10-08, 08:47 PM
Nah nothing like that really more just a matter of keeping the group together not that I wasn't tempted many a time to lane split :P Way back when the talk was of outlawing the prictice (it's quasi legal at best anyways truth be known) I partook in a ride down the Eastern Freeway to the city in peak hour with probably some 200 odd bikes, we all made like cars, one to a lane, no lane splitting etc just to give the cagers an idea what they'd be in for, it went down like the proverbial lead balloon for the drivers and for the riders it just felt wierd...

old doc
10-10-08, 04:20 PM
Are we meeting up beforehand then?
If so, WHERE?

ctruong
10-10-08, 04:31 PM
Would love to join Andrea, but I have to do my pergola this Saturday.

However, I will be at the Pink Ribbon Ride.

See you all at the Pink Ribbon Ride.

Stay-UpRight People.

Cheers,
ctruong.

VixenAndrea
10-10-08, 07:58 PM
the park and ride at the Doncaster Rd exit of the freeway at 9am for a straight run all the way up the freeway along Moorooduc Highway till we get to a roundabout at Eramosa Rd. there is a pub on the corner which has a 'coolstore' attached to it which is where its all happening.... if anyone wants to be collected onthe way let me know

VixenAndrea
10-10-08, 08:04 PM
by the way if anyone needs my number for contact, please PM me... i'll check tomorrow morning around 845 before i leave

WINESY
10-10-08, 08:20 PM
Well I've checked with the boss (the 10yr old one) and he's happy if I go on this ride too, he has a mate for a sleep tomorrow nite so I think thats a fair deal! Shouldnt see any reason i wont be there, catch you then
Carly

bens369
10-10-08, 08:29 PM
I'll see how I go...If I'm in I'll be at the park and ride just B4 9...

old doc
10-10-08, 09:15 PM
I'm aiming for the park & ride @ 9.00.

PK-2000
11-10-08, 03:46 PM
it was nice to catch up with some familiar faces and meet new one too. was a great day out and loved the ride :D

mickdundee
11-10-08, 04:27 PM
Sorry I missed it but I did get to ride the route for next weeks ride and had a snot block in Yea that was magnicifent :P Also got it worked out that I can ride next Saturday rather than drive which suits me damn fine!

VixenAndrea
11-10-08, 06:05 PM
we had a fabulous day..... i love dearly the people on here - as well as all those i meet along the way.... i gotta say - the AKRF men are the hottest!!!!! Winesy will put up pics soon - she went mad with her camera!

bens369
11-10-08, 06:56 PM
Pics on "Peninsula Saturday" thread....;)