PDA

View Full Version : albury Poker Run!

r-shippy
21-09-08, 01:57 PM
Saturday 20th The three of us went on our first poker run.
Started at the Three Monkeys Inn on the causeway between Wodonga and Albury.Left the inn straight onto the highway ,heading towards Melbourne.
What can I say ,The three off us where left for dead.
About 200 bikes invaded Chiltern pub, The three of us are still on our L's watched on as the pub got a workout,yes we where drinking the heavy stuff(coke and ice).
The group left Chiltern and made our way to Beechworth.
It was hear that we got our second poker card, The group left Beechworth and traveled to Myrtleford then onto Yakandanah where we recieved our last card.
Left Yack and let me tell you the pace set was fast,As it was back to the Cludrooms of the group running the show.
At the club was two more cards and who ever had the best poker hand with these won a $1000 bucks.
Have posted a hog that was different

bens369
21-09-08, 03:16 PM
nice work...!:D

Christo
21-09-08, 03:20 PM
You'll be buying yourself a leather vest with patches on it soon!
Hope ya had a good time, getting a bit of an experience.

mickdundee
21-09-08, 07:01 PM
Patch clubs seem to love these poker runs, so what sort of a hand did you end up with and what won the grand?

Colsie
22-09-08, 07:52 AM
Glad ya had a good time sounds like fun was the order of the day:D

WINESY
22-09-08, 08:22 AM
I was just at a friends yesterday, he used to ride a Kwaka, he was telling me about these poker runs, he was calling it a pokie run though so at first I wasnt sure I wanted to take part??!! Anyway, he said he'd done one going along the Great Ocean Rd a few years ago & said they're great fun, so bit of a coincidence that I've just read about one too now. Sounds like great fun!

r-shippy
22-09-08, 05:05 PM
My hand was a queen and a five and a seven, the other two cards where a jack and a ten.
We didnt hang around to see who won as we had to travel back to Wangarratta and the weather was getting nasty.
Dont think I will get a leather jacket with a patch on it,It was a great ride though!:p

devotus
22-09-08, 07:50 PM
a few bikes there , looks like a good ride.