PDA

View Full Version : WHITE RIBBON DAY

VixenAndrea
03-09-08, 06:34 PM
i dont know if any of you are aware or not, but white ribbon day raises money for programs to assist victims of domestic violence. i have just become one of these volunteers and help survivors of domestic violence to find their way in the world again.
i would like to organise some kind of ride to raise some money for the program - does anyone know how i could go about it? ive never had to organise a fundraiser before!!!!!!!

old doc
03-09-08, 07:26 PM
I couldn't organise my way out of a paper bag, but I'll cheerfully submit to any rides for the cause :)

mickdundee
10-10-08, 07:18 PM
I guess I got a bit lucky in that PInk Ribbon is widely known and have a fundraising infrastructure in place already. What I basically did was decide on a date, a destination then slapped it up on a few forums, then voila, a ride was born.

I finally heard from the Pink Ribbon folk today and they e,mailed me a fund raising kit for want of a better word. Would be wortthwhile contacting the white ribbon org see if they have anything similar and if they don't, oput em in touch with pink ribbin :)