PDA

View Full Version : Aurthors Seat warning

louis_egan
25-08-08, 10:10 PM
was going for a ride up Aurthors Seat today and just before the first corner there was a bloke standing out the front recording me and the guy in front obviosly to dob us in even thou i was doing 50 in a 60 zone (saw him before he started recording) anyways i did my run came back down and stoped to talk to him to see if i could stop him from ringing up as with the new hoon hotline the public can now decide your doing something wrong with no proof needed just their opinion, not sure if he was lieing or not but he said he had already rang up about me and the other bloke and that because i was not doing the recomended speed around the first corner blah blah blah i was ini the wrong (which im pretty sure is wrong) but still he can just say i was 'hooning' so watch out for him he lives in on of the last two houses before the hill.

Granny
25-08-08, 10:29 PM
Sound like a prcik even when your not doing anything wrong.

ronin1959
25-08-08, 11:02 PM
He needs to be taught a lesson!!......:mad:

Aj's nomad
26-08-08, 10:43 AM
The problem with the "hoon" laws is people take on vigilanty view of things. It would be interesting to challenge this stuff in a court. Even the coppers need to follow a series of protocols to ensure they dont get egg on face. I've had a couple of $200 fines sent to me re throwing lit butts from my car, never smoked in my life, don't permit it in the car (company rules) so challenged the fines and they recind it. The other problem at Arthurs Seat is the things either kids or frustrated locals do, like put sand or small stones on the corners, this has created a few injuries over the years. I put people like that in the same bucket as those who light fires - I dont care why you do it, the consequenses can be terrible (especially if I catch up with you!!:mad:) anyway enough of my ranting, dont be put off from "riding the front" its a teriffic trip and a great part of a longer journey if your looking for some good scenery and a bite to eat;).

pbz1900
26-08-08, 11:47 AM
The other problem at Arthurs Seat is the things either kids or frustrated locals do, like put sand or small stones on the corners, this has created a few injuries over the years. .
Not a new occurrence either. The great Kew Boulevarde had some local vigilante action late 70's, early 80's, where there was even some oil on the road. I never saw it, but sometimes it did feel like I was riding into enemy territory. I'm glad to see you had success appealing your butt fines, these hoon laws could get out of control if you couldn't. But, guilty until proven innocent? hmmmm...
That guy on Arthurs Seat has obviously copped some wild ones flying past, and had decided to do his bit. He's gone over the top about it, instead of just picking the wild hoon to film. I hope for Louis's sake, nothing comes of it. But recommended speed is just that, advisory, not maximum. And how can he tell if you are over the recommended around a corner? If Louis has to contest this and win, then the man should pay for Louis's time and trouble.
I know Arthur's Seat pretty well, had a crash there while riding down it and looking too long in the mirror for my mate. Next thing I know, I'm headed into the inside embankment and down a scary stormwater ditch.
It's a fun ride though. Same with a lot of the Peninsula roads, you can never stop discovering around here. Be careful of the dreaded Coolart Rd and it's intersections though. High fatality count along there.
cheers

Phat750
26-08-08, 12:18 PM
I'm glad to see you had success appealing your butt fines

LOL! :D :rolleyes:

Seriously tho... I dont see how that could ever hold up in court hey! Some random measuring ur speed on a unit that isnt properly calibrated! I think not! And u cant get done for not doin the 'recommended' corner speed, that is overruled buy the actual speed limit fortunately! No one does the 'recommended' posted speeds!
What a wanker tho! Go n rock his rouse I say! I was the victim of an old guy with too much spare time a few years ago, I was parked at one of the local beaches in the middle of summer when its nearly impossible to find a park. I eventually found a small spot which had the back of my car protruding out past the no parking sign by about 500mm. He called the cops & got a fine! Was not impressed! :mad:

almamary
26-08-08, 01:42 PM
And is the one in NSW? I hope not.
It sounds like the Govt down there have just put something together for the idiots to get their jollies from, and to look lke they are doing something.

Spock900
26-08-08, 02:17 PM
It's not in NSW yet as far as I have heard. They are looking at it though, but as always let someone else trial it first.

I would imagine it will catch up with people doing burnouts and wheelies etc more so than speeding related incidents! I mean what are they going to do, speed along behind you in a car and prove that you were speeding and dob themselves in at the same time? :rolleyes:

Maybe they will work out known distances traveled over time in a video and calculate your speed to a reasonably accurate degree though from a video?

It's all more police/nanny state clap trap though! :mad:

louis_egan
26-08-08, 03:16 PM
LOL! :D :rolleyes:

What a wanker tho! Go n rock his rouse I say! I was the victim of an old guy with too much spare time a few years ago, I was parked at one of the local beaches in the middle of summer when its nearly impossible to find a park. I eventually found a small spot which had the back of my car protruding out past the no parking sign by about 500mm. He called the cops & got a fine! Was not impressed! :mad:

if i copped that parking fine i would probably have got the 'assulting an old man' fine straight after it.

But yeh i was polite told him i'd keep the speed down past his house (even though i wasn't above the limit). If anything does happen he wasnt the smartest man standing out the front of his house i might get a mate to ring up the hoon hotline for the way he pulled out of his driveway and started smoking the tyres to get in front of them. wait and see what happens first