PDA

View Full Version : Ride Saturday 30/8

PK-2000
25-08-08, 08:01 PM
Time to blow out the cobwebs it's supposed to be 19 and sunny can you believe it 19 and sunny.

I'm open to suggestions of where to go
organize to meet somewhere between 10:30 and 11:00am ride to a destination for lunch, maybe go somewhere else or ride back

hanging out it's been weeks since last ride :D

old doc
25-08-08, 08:35 PM
Twist my arm :D

PK-2000
25-08-08, 09:26 PM
great one more and we'll have a crowd

louis_egan
25-08-08, 09:35 PM
its my 19th on sat and was planning to go out through the day, but if its a good day and location i should be able to start a bit later

PK-2000
26-08-08, 10:06 AM
its my 19th on sat and was planning to go out through the day, but if its a good day and location i should be able to start a bit later

great, not sure of direction yet but we'll work on it

mickdundee
26-08-08, 03:45 PM
Great people finally start riding again and I got night shift on the weekend.. :(

ZX10R_Damo
26-08-08, 09:19 PM
Count me in, as long as I dont have a massive Friday night - I'll try not to!

old doc
27-08-08, 08:21 PM
:(:(Weather report tonight says strong northerlies and RAIN on Saturday, wouldn't you know it. Bloody Melbourne weather, I KNOW WE NEED THE RAIN BUT CAN"T IT JUST RAIN MID-WEEK???? :mad::mad::

bens369
27-08-08, 08:25 PM
Weather report tonight says strong northerlies and RAIN on Saturday, wouldn't you know it. Bloody Melbourne weather, I KNOW WE NEED THE RAIN BUT CAN"T IT JUST RAIN MID-WEEK???? :mad::mad::
Don't believe it...winds from the north are usually dry...fingers crossed...bloody weather...!!!:rolleyes:

PK-2000
27-08-08, 09:40 PM
forecast is for rain late afternoon should still be ok, have to be home by 4 pm

I was thinking of going to sorento or queenscliff

or what about queenscliff and catching the ferry to sorento

r-shippy
28-08-08, 08:14 PM
Head up my way we can meet at lake william hovell for a blast?

louis_egan
28-08-08, 09:27 PM
change of plans im off snowboarding for the w/e, so i will have to go next time sorry. hopefully some good weather coming up soon so hopefully more rides

old doc
28-08-08, 09:29 PM

Hmmm, tempting. Best offer so far....

PK-2000
28-08-08, 11:02 PM

Is that snow country?

old doc
29-08-08, 10:43 AM

Hmmmm, three-and-a-half hours from Melbourne, makes it a 7-hour round trip, 9 if stops for coffee & food are counted...
Given that it's s'posed to turn rainy & foul in the afternoon, this might be a bit ambitious :rolleyes:

PK-2000
29-08-08, 10:52 AM
Just had a thought, phillip island might be the go

visit the bike shop in cowes and buy some gear

old doc
29-08-08, 01:54 PM
Mmmmm I believe lots of good coffee places in Cowes & Newhaven too :)

PK-2000
29-08-08, 05:08 PM
meeting point can be at mcdonalds princes hwy dandenong in between sth gippsland fwy and sth gippy hwy at 10:30 and leave at 11:00.

all welcome to join

old doc
29-08-08, 05:16 PM
Is that the Macca's on the left heading out of Dande? Near or next to a servo?

ctruong
29-08-08, 05:28 PM
meeting point can be at mcdonalds princes hwy dandenong in between sth gippsland fwy and sth gippy hwy at 10:30 and leave at 11:00.

all welcome to join

Sounds tempting ..
It would be good practice reide before the GP run ...
Unfortunately, I am not available this Saturday !! :(

Maybe next time.

Cheers,
ctruong.

ZX10R_Damo
29-08-08, 07:32 PM
If I am up early enough I will check the weather, if nice I will see you all at the maccas. Not sure how big my night will be tonight.

PK-2000
29-08-08, 08:57 PM
Is that the Macca's on the left heading out of Dande? Near or next to a servo?

I'm sure it's that one not sure about the servo though

WINESY
30-08-08, 03:23 PM
Hi Old Doc,
I reckon when I was on my way home from work at Bakers Delight in Cowes that you may have been spotted parked out the front of ResCom real estate in Cowes, pretty sure you're not looking to buy seeing you haven't mentioned anything, but i think I might have spotted you and PK out the front of Bikers Gear Australia. I did stop and pull over but the lady I thought might have been you was chatting to a couple of other ladies out the front. Because I wasn't 100% sure (and my uniforms not that flattering hehehe) I didnt get out to call for Rosemary. The bike was a dead giveaway, it was so shiny and just gleaming so I hope you don't get rained on on your way home! Looked fantastic!!!!
Carly

old doc
31-08-08, 11:20 AM
YES! THAT WAS US!
You dopy bugger, you SHOULD have stopped and had a coffee!
We rode down to the GP track, car club was having races there, then to Bikers' Gear shop, bought some fabulous gloves (AT LAST! the search for warm gloves is over!) and had lunch at that little caf next door.
Weather gods wer pretty kind, it only rained from Phillip Island to the freeway entrance & fine from there.
Sooner you move closer to town the better! (Although I certainly wouldn't say no to another Philip Island ride, I'd forgotten how nice it is down there, and really doesn't take that long, specially when those roadworks near Grantville are finished)

WINESY
31-08-08, 02:24 PM
Hi Old Doc,
Thought the bike was a one off and what were the chances of having another, right in my home town hehehe. I had read the thread where you were going for a ride and even though I've told my work no more weekends, (need to be looking for a home) what do they do??? They put me on for the Saturday! Am so over it. I used to do all the rostering till 2wks ago. I think my boss can't stand me, I got a super statement & realised I hadn't been paid anything since April 2007!!! Stupid stupid lady, so of course I kicked up a stink, and of course reported her, she's yet to find out (I think) but the price is she'll roster my every wkend probably hehehe. If there's a nice weekend coming up, would love to meet you somewhere and go for a ride, even if it's Gippsland somewhere, some beautiful roads to ride and some beautiful scenery to see!
Infusion is a beautiful cafe too, used to know someone who was cheffing there for a while. Otherwise, San Remo has AWESOME bakery!!!
Carly

old doc
31-08-08, 02:51 PM
I know that awesome San Remo bakery well - quite a few times I've staggered out of there SO full I could hardly walk! But with so many choices, you have to try one of each, especially if it's going to be a while before next visit :o
Definitely a Gippsland ride should be next on the list.

WINESY
31-08-08, 05:25 PM
That's the spirit, one of everything!!! That's what I do everytime at the Beechworth Bakery Healesville, too many good choices.