View Full Version : Cranbourne OZ GP Run 2008

ctruong
17-08-08, 08:03 AM
Hello,

From the MRA Website:

Date: Saturday 4th October 2008

Time: 8:15am
Where: Cranbourne Main street Melways Ref: 133 K5

The MRA Cranbourne GP Run is held each year on the Saturday of the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

The MRA Cranbourne GP Run is a rare event. Tens of thousands of motorcycles line the streets in a procession-style ride to Phillip Island to promote road safety, the main themes being "Don't Drink Then Ride" and "Motorcycle Aware Driver". Unless you're a celebrity of some kind, you don't generally get to experience something like this - thousands of locals and visitors lining the streets to cheer you on, simply for doing something you love. You have to experience it to know what it's like.

From 8.15am on the saturday morning the southbound carriageways of High Street Cranbourne will be shut to allow for the parking of motorcycles that wish to participate in the group ride to the Phillip Island race circuit. This ride has become a major annual event that is well attended by motorcyclists from all over Australia.

Entertainment and street vendors will commence from 8.00am, to help entertain and feed the gathering motorcyclists, before the 10.00am wave off.

The MRA will have a stand in Childers Street promoting the MRAA and it's activities, in particular the Toy Run.

As in previous years, there will be stage set up at the Childers Street intersection, and at approximately 9.45am speeches will commence, along with the presentation of the wave off celebrity.

The procession will be led off by Victoria Police riders, who will set the pace, followed by the VIP guest then the gathered riders and pillions. The MRA will have ride marshals interspersed throughout the group to monitor and help maintain the pace set by the lead riders.

As the 2003 ride was spoiled for some, by the presence of speed cameras, and the MRA subsequently worked hard to alleviate the burden that some suffered, we wish to make everyone aware that regular road rules still apply for this ride. Whilst we have been assured that there will not be speed cameras or radars along the procession route, everyone should treat the ride as though their presence is a likelihood. This year the MRA is taking the stance, that riders are responsible for their own actions.

Further information can be found at the following links;

www.casey.vic.gov.au/gprun

How to get there

* The MRA Cranbourne GP Run starts in High St, Cranbourne.
* From the City, follow the Monash Freeway and take the South Gippsland Highway turnoff.
* Follow the South Gippsland Highway to Cranbourne.
* The South Gippsland Highway turns into High Street, through Cranbourne.

To enter the event area

* Only motorcycles will be accepted into the event area
* Motorcycles must enter the event area via High St, at the corner of Stawell St, Cranbourne (see Melways 133 K4).
* Traffic Management staff and MRA marshals will direct you into the event area

Once inside the event area

* Drive slowly at all times. Speed limited to 10km/h.
* Take direction from the MRA marshal closest to you.
* An MRA marshal will direct you to a parking space. Ensure that your motorbike is parked as requested by the marshal

Ride Safety information

The event area is subject to heavy traffic changes and caution must be taken

Riding in a group is an exciting activity and requires greater concentration than riding on your own. The MRA Cranbourne GP Run organisers ask that you adhere to the following guidelines in order to keep the ride safe, cohesive and enjoyable for all participating:

* Ensure that you adhere to all the normal road rules and speed limits.
* Ensure that the motorcycle that you are riding is mechanically safe and legally roadworthy.
* The event will be lead by Victoria Police. Do not overtake the Victoria Police.
* A motorcycle requires a full lane in which to operate safely. Ride in a staggered formation, not side-by-side.
* MRA marshals will ride with the group. One marshal will be nominated to ride at the rear of the group. It is the marshal's responsibility to ensure that the riders don't get lost and to render assistance if necessary.
* The group as a whole must not stop for an individual as it can be dangerous to have the whole group stop on the side of the road. The "Tail End" marshal will give assistance.
* If, in the case of an emergency you need to stop as a group, be sure to stop well off the road.
* Always signal your intention to change lanes. Keep a safe distance behind the next rider. Check in your mirrors often and concentrate on your riding.
* If every rider can see the rider ahead of him or her, the group should not get split up. Adjust your speed to do so.
* We ride as a group to Phillip Island. Keep the group together on the road, don't lag behind.
Ensure that you adhere to all the normal road rules and speed limits.

Please remember to arrive at the departure point with a full tank of fuel. Departure time is 10am.

Anyone going to this year?

Cheers,
ctruong.

WINESY
17-08-08, 11:10 AM
I don't know that I'll be doing this one seeing I live on Phillip Island anyway, but I want to do the Barry Sheene Memorial ride which is Thursday before the GP, that's make it the 2nd Oct. It has a few stops along the way, including San Remo where all the locals & motorbike fans meet you. Usually I'm there as a spectator! You then head off towards Cowes, but stop off at the GP track where riders are permitted to do a lap of honour on the track in small groups.

gpxbabe
17-08-08, 04:45 PM
I'm in, provided I can find someone to pillion with. Other half is taking our son this year :(

IndioGomez
17-08-08, 05:17 PM
I am interested, count me in. Cheers.

PK-2000
18-08-08, 06:02 PM
should be able to make it, did it in 2006, it was fantastic :D :D

GraeBags
18-08-08, 06:12 PM
I don't know that I'll be doing this one seeing I live on Phillip Island anyway, but I want to do the Barry Sheene Memorial ride which is Thursday before the GP, that's make it the 2nd Oct. It has a few stops along the way, including San Remo where all the locals & motorbike fans meet you. Usually I'm there as a spectator! You then head off towards Cowes, but stop off at the GP track where riders are permitted to do a lap of honour on the track in small groups.

Imagine doing a lap around the "Island" on his own personal bike? It's for sale at the museum, he rode it from 1998 to 2000 it think, and it comes with documents from Qld Transport to prove ownership. Also signed under the tank by the Man Himself. A Yamaha VMAX.

ctruong
18-08-08, 07:47 PM
I'm in, provided I can find someone to pillion with. Other half is taking our son this year :(

GPXBabe,

I am sure there would be someone who is willing to Pilliion you ...
Anyone volunteering Pillion GPXbabe ...
Remember now, NO Wheelie Stuff Now !!! LOL !!!

Cheers,
ctruong.

old doc
18-08-08, 09:01 PM
I've pencilled it in, but sadly can't pillion anyone until June 09. I've got friends just out of Cranbourne so might stay overnight, as I figure the traffic out of Melbourne will be a crawl. Be keen to organise a catch-up with whoever's there from here (does that make sense?)

Aj's nomad
19-08-08, 07:46 PM
All things being equal, my wife and I will be there. I've done a few toy runs over the years and they were terrific so this would be a great step up. The "Sheen" ride looks a good thing to.

mickdundee
19-08-08, 08:00 PM
I normally marshall at the Run but if not I can pillion you GPX Babe.

ZX10R_Damo
19-08-08, 08:36 PM
Count me in 100%, I did it last year for the first time it was soooo much fun.
I will also try do the Barry Sheen ride as well.
PS: Let me know where and when everyone is going to meet and I will be there to put faces to names :)

Joffaboy
21-08-08, 09:11 AM
I will try to be be there name a meeting place so we can all catch up

old doc
21-08-08, 10:05 AM
Okay, a meeting spot:
Finding a good one will be the challenge. Looks easy on Google street-view, but on the day it will be wall-to-wall people AND bikes AND officious plods saying no you can't turn down there!
Maybe one of those corners with the seats on the pavement (?)
Or maybe the Macca's on the right before you even get in to Cranbourne? (biggish car-park, handy)
Or maybe the racecourse entrance which is actually down the F'ston-Cranbourne Road, which is where you turn right to get to the main event (?)
Other suggestions welcome. Winesy, where are you?

mickdundee
21-08-08, 10:35 AM
I reckon a Dandenong meet point prior to even getting into Cranny, daresay there is a McDonalds handy there.

Heads up for those that have not done this run or indeed not ridden to the Island at Moto GP time.

There is a speed drop from 100-80 (from memory) as you come into Cranbourne, now just past this is Cranny golf club, big driveway leading up to their clubhouse, there is ALWAYS a copper parked in that ramp this time of year, also speed cameras have been known to be plantebd enroute to the island during the run too, regardless you'll see some blokes take off at 200kph and pop monos etc, if you want to do that don't say you haven't been advised of company in uniform :D

old doc
21-08-08, 11:30 AM
Good thinking. There is a somewhat skanky Macca's on the Princes' Hwy just south of Dandenong as I recall, before you reach the Cranbourne turn-off.
No, wait, there's one at HAMPTON PARK, on the Sth Gippsland Hwy on the left. Pretty much halfway b/w Dande & Cranb I would think. Even betterer.

mickdundee
21-08-08, 02:14 PM
Just sussed it out, here tis http://snurl.com/3ia8j so meet time say 8am? Departure 8:30? Be there or be in deep pooh! Thanks to doc, shes right, this one is indeed even betterer.

Phat750
21-08-08, 03:17 PM
I'd love to join u kids! Did the run as a pillion about 4 years ago, it was gr8 fun!
Im campin at the track this year! I cant wait! :D:D:D

WINESY
21-08-08, 07:46 PM
Hey Old doc,

I'm actually at Cape Woolamai on Phillip Island, about 3-4kms over the bridge, right at the airport, actually the runway is visible from my loungeroom upstairs... Maybe as you guys are coming thru we can meet an San Remo or something, otherwise we'll definately meet at the track. We should exchange some phone numbers.

If anyone needs some emergency accomodation or showers, just let me know. I think I can trust you all hehehe...

I'm interested in doing the Barry Sheene ride on the Thursday before GP so if anyone's interested maybe we can organise something too.

Speed Cameras: It's been confirmed this year that NO SPEED CAMERAS will be used en route to the track, although marshalls will be riding within the public to deter and/or catch people riding in a matter not acceptable. Warnings are up to ride responsibly or pay the price so you will be monitored, but not by speed cameras! The police lead the ride down anyway, so I guess just don't pass them and you should be fine! I do know that a few years ago a number of people were caught speeding by cameras as the cops were riding too fast, all fines were renegged

[Aidan]
22-08-08, 08:10 PM
very keen here!!

mickdundee
23-08-08, 08:51 AM
Hey Old doc,

I'm actually at Cape Woolamai on Phillip Island, about 3-4kms over the bridge, right at the airport, actually the runway is visible from my loungeroom upstairs... Maybe as you guys are coming thru we can meet an San Remo or something, otherwise we'll definately meet at the track. We should exchange some phone numbers.

If we all do the GP run then we'll be coming through with a thousand other riders, dunno how you recognise us fromm the pack but good luck with it :)

WINESY
23-08-08, 11:28 AM
Hey Mickdundee,

Im not really fussed, Ive seen it a million times and realise that there's a lot of riders, I was just commenting coz Old Doc was nice enought to consider me in the big picture. I have friends from the Ducati Club stay with me every year for bike events & I'll more than likely be heading off with them again this year. They usually start arriving from Thursday onwards. Im not particularly interested in doing this ride, the Barry Sheene one is the one I'd like to do most...

mickdundee
23-08-08, 01:07 PM
I hear ya wouldn't mind doing he Sheene ride myself smetime, my prob is that you can only go on he track with full leathers and whilst I have a leather jacket and leather jeans they aren't a zip together combo.

ZX10R_Damo
26-08-08, 09:17 PM
Hampton Park Maccas 8am it is, i will have 4 other riders with me.

ctruong
29-08-08, 05:18 PM
Hampton Park Maccas 8am it is, i will have 4 other riders with me.

Geeze ... So early !!!!
This would mean that I have to leave home at 7:00am (coming from the Western suburb) !!!

What time would we leave for Cranbourne?
8:30 - 9:00am?

Cheers,
ctruong.

ZX10R_Damo
29-08-08, 07:35 PM
I assume we would all leave from maccas at about 8.30 to get there by 9am. I did the ride last year and by 9.30am it was jam packed with bikes as far as the eye can see! A fantastic sight :)

mickdundee
30-08-08, 12:14 PM
The other option is we stay in Maccas and wait for the back of the line to reach us :D

ctruong
30-08-08, 01:12 PM
The other option is we stay in Maccas and wait for the back of the line to reach us :D

Good option Mick ...
Probably we'll see on the day ....
If everyone feel that we remain at Maccas and let the end of the line reach us, then we'll do that, else join the rest of the group.

Any suggestion, people?

Cheers,
ctruong.

PK-2000
01-09-08, 05:33 PM
the earlier we cue up the better, if we end up at the rear the cops will unblock the roads and we'll have cars around. some of them p1ssed off because they were held up. had that happen in 2006

ZX10R_Damo
02-09-08, 08:19 PM
I agree, last year I ended up down the back after stopping to take photos and the cars were very pissed.

Up the front is the best option.

Is anyone wanting to join the Barry Sheene ride at the Westgate Fwy Shell? I am keen on taking the day off and doing the ride for the day.

old doc
02-09-08, 08:47 PM
Is anyone wanting to join the Barry Sheene ride at the Westgate Fwy Shell? I am keen on taking the day off and doing the ride for the day.

Twist my arm;)

ctruong
06-09-08, 07:12 AM
I agree, last year I ended up down the back after stopping to take photos and the cars were very pissed.

Up the front is the best option.

Ok.
We'll depart Maccas at 9:00am and join the end of the cue.

Damo, when is the Barry Sheene ride?

Cheers,
ctruong.

ZZZ750
06-09-08, 09:44 AM
Hey guys, I am definately, I live in Cranbourne about two k's behind the Macca's. Have we got a meet place??

ZZZ750
06-09-08, 09:47 AM
should read the rest of the posts.. Other option is we can all meet at the Shell or BP on the road to franky which is only about 1k from the big intersection to go to Phillip island, we can then sneak through to the Shopping centre carpark and pop out at the front of the entire group of bikes?? A bit sneaky, but I would much rather be at the front than the back!!

weekend_rider
20-09-08, 09:44 PM
i'll be there

bens369
20-09-08, 10:17 PM
should read the rest of the posts.. Other option is we can all meet at the Shell or BP on the road to franky which is only about 1k from the big intersection to go to Phillip island, we can then sneak through to the Shopping centre carpark and pop out at the front of the entire group of bikes?? A bit sneaky, but I would much rather be at the front than the back!!
i'd be in that...!!!:p

kw0n3k
21-09-08, 11:47 AM
oh man im really debating on whether i should rock up, but at the same time i dont wanna just rock up on my own......still a baby ahahhahaha

might try to get my bro in-law and his brother in it too. but atm im 50/50 in

mickdundee
21-09-08, 07:05 PM
At tis stage looks like 10 or more are going tobe rocking up to Maccas on the morning so you're hardly going to be alone, from there you get to ride with the group to Cranny and then you'll ride with 500-1000 others to the ISland.

If the ride to Maccas alone is a worry then perhaps slap a post up advising whre you're coming from and most likely someone nearby will hook up for the run too.

kw0n3k
21-09-08, 10:35 PM
yeah im in melb cbd area, near fitzroy (brunswick st)

ahh dont mind ridin alone, just meet all the new faces (just a shy guy i guess) ahahhaha

but the same time i guess its kinda cool meeting the faces behind those nicks. kawa family i guess ahahhahaha

mickdundee
22-09-08, 07:36 PM
Well i'm coming in from Coburg so I can hook up if ya like, also fwiw I have never met anyone from this forum yet either so again not like your on your pat malone :)

[Aidan]
23-09-08, 03:24 PM
looking good for this ride with weekend_rider

team GPX250

:D

Clanga61
24-09-08, 12:35 PM
Hey,
am coming down from the bush on Friday night and staying in Brunswick then heading of about 8.00am Sat morn,hope to meet someone will keep an eye out at all the Macca,s,Cheers
Clanga61

kw0n3k
24-09-08, 09:12 PM
aight im down then

how about ppl from western, eastern and central suburbs, if u'd like, we can arrange a meet, then head all together down to rondavu with other kawa riders, im thinking Vic gardens area???

mickdundee im more then happy to meet up with ya if u'd like, since we both live near by.

old doc
24-09-08, 09:51 PM
I'm in Northcote, I think that's a grand idea :)

Clanga61
25-09-08, 02:30 PM
Anyone thought about a meet and greet(and maybe a couple of frothys)on the grass opposite the San Remo pub around 11,00am:confused:

mickdundee
25-09-08, 03:04 PM
You're in Brunswick st, i'm in North coburg, Doc's in Northcote, what about Tram Rd exit on the Eastern freeway say 7:30am?

Couple of frothies might go ok but would be a couple only rarely drink and ride...

mickdundee
25-09-08, 03:05 PM
Hey,
am coming down from the bush on Friday night and staying in Brunswick then heading of about 8.00am Sat morn,hope to meet someone will keep an eye out at all the Macca,s,Cheers
Clanga61

Not all the Maccas just the one in Hampton Park, hook up with me, doc and kw0n3k and we'll get ya there :)

Clanga61
25-09-08, 05:24 PM
Hey Guys
i will be in Brunswick East but Tram rd exit on Eastern FWY 7.30am sounds good.on a ZRX 1100,Kawasaki Jacket.(dont wait to long for me if im not there by 7.30 cos it will be a big night on Friday at the Lomond Hotel on Nicholson ST) see ya there
Cheers

kw0n3k
25-09-08, 07:04 PM
tram rd exit sounds good. will be there. i have a black 08 250R. i'll try not to slow you all down.

PK-2000
25-09-08, 11:11 PM
You're in Brunswick st, i'm in North coburg, Doc's in Northcote, what about Tram Rd exit on the Eastern freeway say 7:30am?

Couple of frothies might go ok but would be a couple only rarely drink and ride...

If you're coming from the east on that freeway there isn't an exit at tram rd.
doncaster rd or elgar rd are the closest

also if you want to continue from there to the main meeting point you'll have to use eastlink and even bikes have to pay tolls.

it's not much. it's just a pain having to do it.

in my opinion it's better to use the monash freeway and meet at the warrigal rd exit

mickdundee
26-09-08, 06:51 AM
If you're coming from the east on that freeway there isn't an exit at tram rd.
doncaster rd or elgar rd are the closest

Wasn't planning to exit there, rather as a meet point

also if you want to continue from there to the main meeting point you'll have to use eastlink and even bikes have to pay tolls.

it's not much. it's just a pain having to do it.

in my opinion it's better to use the monash freeway and meet at the warrigal rd exit

We will exit at Springvale rd, go down to sth east car park and carry on from there to Hampton Park, no tolls involved.

PK-2000
26-09-08, 10:30 AM
no prob,

just thought it might be easier and quicker

mickdundee
26-09-08, 11:18 AM
I'm open to suggestions if others want to chip in no drama but from where we are coming from the Eastern is probably quicker and the Sth Eastern car park is rough as dogs guts at the minute with the lines being ground out so I personaly think the Eastern is quicker, safer and a lot easier, but as stated above, i'm easy and open to better suggestions :)

Clanga61
26-09-08, 01:56 PM
I will be hitting the Eastern Fwy from Grange Rd (studley park)so can meet anywhere from there.
Cheers

ZX10R_Damo
28-09-08, 11:21 AM
Hi All

I will have 4 other riders with us and can meet anyone at the corner of Warrigal Rd & Dandenong Princess Hwy Oakleigh - (Shell Petrol Station) at 7.00am-7.15am.
If anyone wants to meet there and ride with us to Hampton Maccas is more than welcome.
I have an orange zx10r.

Damo

ZZZ750
28-09-08, 05:57 PM
Hey guys,

Right... My plans are set... I live in Cranbourne and a couple of us are meeting at my place then we are going to head over to the KFC in the main street to meet other people that are riding with us.

If you are interested let me know and I will look out for you at the KFC in Cranbourne. Prob around 8.30 and after.

ZX10R_Damo
30-09-08, 08:53 AM
Looking at all the posts are we still meeting at Hampton Park Maccas?

Or are we meeting at the KFC in Cranbourne?

PS: Can't get Thursday off to do the Barry Sheene ride. :(

mickdundee
30-09-08, 03:16 PM
Hampton Park Maccas is all systems go I believe

ZX10R_Damo
30-09-08, 07:24 PM
Ok great, if for some reason we are not there by 8.00am we will make our way to the KFC in Cranbourne.

WINESY
02-10-08, 09:28 PM
Well, I've got the next 5 days off, 3 for the GP, 2 for recovery! That's a miracle for this time of year on Phillip Island- no-one gets time off... I've got some guys from up town staying again, the same 2 and the 3rd swaps around a little bit. If all goes well, I'll be meeting them at Cranbourne for the GP run after all. I will look out for you all, especially Old Doc, I recognised her bike last time and I promise Old Doc, this time I will come and introduce myself if I see you around.

On another note, for riders down here Friday arvo/night, Anthony from Australian Bikers Gear in Cowes has ordered heaps of bread rolls from us, he said anyone's welcome, and that he's having a bit of a bbq to kick off the moto GP wkend. Saw the Barry Sheene ride come in this arvo, not such a good turnout in comparison to other years, but impressive to me anyway...

bens369
02-10-08, 09:44 PM
Well, I've got the next 5 days off, 3 for the GP, 2 for recovery! That's a miracle for this time of year on Phillip Island- no-one gets time off... I've got some guys from up town staying again, the same 2 and the 3rd swaps around a little bit. If all goes well, I'll be meeting them at Cranbourne for the GP run after all. I will look out for you all, especially Old Doc, I recognised her bike last time and I promise Old Doc, this time I will come and introduce myself if I see you around.

On another note, for riders down here Friday arvo/night, Anthony from Australian Bikers Gear in Cowes has ordered heaps of bread rolls from us, he said anyone's welcome, and that he's having a bit of a bbq to kick off the moto GP wkend. Saw the Barry Sheene ride come in this arvo, not such a good turnout in comparison to other years, but impressive to me anyway...
Beware Doc...

ThumpinKwaka
03-10-08, 12:46 AM
Lucky buggers, have fun you lot and don't forget, you are representing ALL of us so no 'demos' ok, well not until Cowes on Sunday night :D

old doc
03-10-08, 07:25 PM
Hokay everyone, here's what it looks like:

Those of us from north of town can meet up just before the Tram Road exit on the Eastern Fwy 7.30 am

Others from the Southerly direction/wanting to go down Princes Hwy are getting together at the Shell servo on the corner of Warrigal Rd & Princes Hwy between 7.00 and 7.15 am

Hampton Park MacDonald's is the final meet point before Cranbourne. 8.00 am

After this point I s'pect the traffic will be shocking, and once in Cranbourne there will be marshalls everywhere and getting to any other point will be a CHALLENGE.
Nevertheless there are some meeting at KFC in Cranbourne at 8.30 am.

So between all these options, surely some of us will meet despite the monster crowds expected :)

I'm going for the Tram Road option

mickdundee
04-10-08, 06:36 PM
And indeed a few of us did, 3 at Tram rd, a few more at Hampton Park maccas and no additions to the family at KFC Cranny. Put faces to 3 nicks being old doc (not sure what the old part is), Joffaboy, pink socks and all :D and Langer who was just dropping in from downtown Ararat for the weekend, met 2 or 3 others bnut can't remember names or nicks (sorry put it down to old age).

bens369
04-10-08, 07:22 PM
I put the weak turnout down to **** weather...tiredness and hangovers...
Oh...that was just me...!!!

aussiedav
04-10-08, 07:25 PM
I put the weak turnout down to **** weather...tiredness and hangovers...
Oh...that was just me...!!!

From KLR650.net Aussie section.

It was a fantastic morning with 15,000 to 20,000 bikes and 5 KLR650's

old doc
04-10-08, 07:41 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/hollywoodphoenix_album/z002.jpg
Mick, Joffa, PK, ?Damien?, Russel
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/hollywoodphoenix_album/z004.jpg
Mick, Joffa, PK, Doc, Russel

Russel's so tall I felt like I needed a lil stepladder to talk to him!
Carly was there too but refused to be in the pic!

bens369
04-10-08, 08:25 PM
carly ...you wuss....!!!
next photo pic jeff , show us your pink bits...!!!

ThumpinKwaka
04-10-08, 08:48 PM
Great to see ya's waving the flag for AKRF (so to speak)! Top marks, wishing I was there. :(

Had an absolute ball last year at the GP and can't wait to go again but next time include the Cranny run. That must be a real blast to do with SO many riders! :cool:

mickdundee
04-10-08, 09:24 PM
From KLR650.net Aussie section.

It was a fantastic morning with 15,000 to 20,000 bikes and 5 KLR650's

Might well have been 5 Klr's but the 15-20k bikes is stretching things by a serious multitude IMO, maybe 2k bikes :)

Next year a bloke I know who had a motorcycle accident and has lost his right arm as a result is hoping to be there on a KLR650 though so that might make 6.

Seems there is a clutch you can get from tyhe US of A that works on HD's and KLR 650's only.. so if he picks one up then voila semi automatic and only need 1 handlebar evidently.

mickdundee
04-10-08, 09:26 PM
And I hope the first timers enjoyed themselves :) Something special about riding in a group with a thousnad plus riders I reckon and people waving you on all the way :)

brucey
04-10-08, 09:46 PM
whos the shy one in the helmet?

kw0n3k
04-10-08, 10:36 PM
sorry all. spewing that i missed out today, like bens369 had a rough friday night, woke up at 8.30 soo decided to rock up to work instead :(

planning to head down there tomorrow, just to check it out. hope it was a fun for the one's that went.

anymore pics old doc? kicking myself for not going today.

WINESY
05-10-08, 07:48 AM
Hey Ben,

Someone has to take the picture, I cant do both! Hehehe Was great to finally meet Old Doc, due to the post with pics earlier this week I had no doubt it was Old Doc. Funnily enough, I'd arranged at fairly last minute to meet a friend at the Maccas just out of Cranbourne, turned up to find him parked next to the Kawasaki group, sheer fluke! He met loads of other Ducati club members at Maccas and we travelled from there. I have to say the little ZZR kept up fairly well with the big boys, ok, so she hasn't quite got the acceleration they do, but I always caught up with them!

Mt first time for the Cranny run, would do it again in a heartbeat. Left Phillip Island looking very blue & sunny at 7.20am, rode into what looked like huge rainclouds but thankfully, didnt get rained upon. Probably not as many bikes as I'd imagined, but absolutely loved riding amongst them, and managed to keep within the group I was with. Saw an accident heading towards Koo Wee or Lang Lang, didnt look too bad, but then there were 4 bikes involved in an accident at Surf Beach on Phillip Island, the chopper was called in, havent heard anything since.

Had a dreadful night last night in town, mostly due to the people who stayed here, not a nice way to end a great day, and have just sent them on their merry way to the track & I will go by myself later on, I think I appreciate my company alone compared to that of a few middle aged wankers!

Hopefully next year is bigger and better!

gpxbabe
05-10-08, 09:01 AM
I went to Cranbourne with my girlfriend and waved you all off, you lucky buggers you........ Felt gutted not being part of it this year. Bumped into Colsie, PK and Joffaboy. Didn't drive to the track in the end. Our mate came to a party here last night and left his Buell. Now I've got to ride it back to his place..... bugger! :D:D:D Might have to go the long way from Guy's Hill to Berwick (via the Dandenongs, well known short cut!)

gpxbabe
05-10-08, 12:07 PM
Guess who just lost her litre-bike virginity??? :D
Woohoo!

jefflthomas
05-10-08, 12:15 PM
& you lost it to a Buell....http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/dohx.gif...where's your self respect..http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/nonono.gif

gpxbabe
05-10-08, 03:14 PM
Hey, I just know it throbbed in all the right places :p

gpxbabe
06-10-08, 06:24 AM
Oh, wait, apparently I haven't lost it yet - it was only a 900cc :D

old doc
06-10-08, 11:06 AM
Oh, wait, apparently I haven't lost it yet - it was only a 900cc :D

:rolleyes:Oh, well, in that case you'd hardly notice the difference from the GPX. :D

ZX10R_Damo
06-10-08, 05:17 PM
Hi All

Great to meet some of you.

That's me in the helmet, we were just about to take off so I thought I would jump in on the photo. :D

What a fantastic ride, we ended up riding to Tooradin on the Sunday to watch all the bikes come back in the afternoon sun.

Looking forward to coming on more rides over the coming months.

Damian

old doc
06-10-08, 05:19 PM
Damian I thought that was you. Wasn't 100% sure though, hence the question marks below the photo! Great to meet you too, glad you had a blast, I think we all did. And I'm definitely making it an annual event.

Clanga61
07-10-08, 10:47 AM
Hey Guys (and Old Doc)

Dont know where the old or the Doc come from but you surprised me:eek:
another sensational weekend,feeling a bit better now so can organise for the super bikes now WHOO HOOOO . If anyone is interested there is a race meeting on at Broadford on Sat-Sunday 18-19 oct Historic motorcycle club
it is a must to see and one hell of a party weekend,so if anyone hasn,t got anything on then i,ll see you there. Great to meet some of you see you soon somewhere along the road, Cheers. Clanga (Russell)