PDA

View Full Version : 2000 ZZR 2fiddy temp gauge

Davehimself
02-07-06, 06:47 PM
hey everybody,

Brand new to forum and to riding, bought myself a 2000 model kwaka 250 and it's only done 9784 kays plus the 130 odd i have already added to it.

My problem is that the temp gauge doesn't move, except for the smallest amount when i turn the ign on and thats hot or cold.

i know sweet fanny adams about nikes and do not have the manual yet, but i managed to find what i think is the temp sender on the left side of the radiator and to which that trails a black wire down to the motor.

The radiator fan is working on and off and it really bugs me as i want it to work.

Can any one throw me an idea?

REDLINE
03-07-06, 12:50 AM
ummm it does take a while to warm up in this weather as you are in perth so dont worrie about it as mine rarely gets hot only when i give it heaps.

Davehimself
03-07-06, 01:01 PM
yeah but after riding for a while where does your temp gauge sit?

bottom, middle or top of the dial, mine never gets off the bottom.

macka1
03-07-06, 01:27 PM
Sounds a bit suss, I would be taking the bike to a bike shop and getting that checked out asap! Could be a thermostat or it could be electrical.. Either way you don't want a cooked motor now do you? :eek:

Davehimself
03-07-06, 11:17 PM
Very true, but what makes me wonder is that the fan is running just as i think it should be and there is plenty of radiator fluid.

Anyway cheers for that, i'll take down to Kim Brittons next week.

REDLINE
04-07-06, 12:09 AM
with the current temps in perth atm it sit at the bottom but when riding up through the hills it tends to sit around the middle.

Davehimself
04-07-06, 05:28 AM
Righto cool cheers for that.

I'll stop asking questions now. ;)

REDLINE
04-07-06, 08:40 PM
but honestly if you do have a doubt go and get some one to look at ;)

Metric
04-07-06, 09:26 PM
Like Macka and Red have said, if you are in doubt Dave get it checked out. Dont want to be sitting beside the road in some remote spot with no mobile coverage. This way you can let your mind focus on other things while riding like picking you line through the next set of twisites :D :cool:

Davehimself
05-07-06, 12:36 AM
Ha HA HA yeah well for me at the mo Twisties come in a yellow bag.

i'll get it down the shop as soon as i fly back in.

Thanks fellas :D

REDLINE
05-07-06, 09:40 AM
hey there is a country ride on the 23rd of this month if every thing is sorted with your bike then let me know and ill get ya the details closer to the date.

Davehimself
08-07-06, 05:44 AM
Cheers for the offer big red but i won't fly back in from work until the 25th so i'll be missing that one.

Thanks for the offer though. :(

Davehimself
13-07-06, 05:30 PM
Well the temp gauge is now working and goes up and down a lot.

thanks to everyone who had helpful hints.

Here's the reason:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/Dave_himself/70aeeebe.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/Dave_himself/b03198c3.jpg

macka1
13-07-06, 06:14 PM
Yeah, only takes one little wire hey! Well now I'm glad it has all worked out fine for you and your bike and the wire stays connected!:D

REDLINE
14-07-06, 11:45 PM
you found the problem thats good, but with the cold weather we're having dont think it would have over heated, i think its getting colder at night here 2.