PDA

View Full Version : Getting a ZX10 track bike

OzMeanie
28-06-06, 07:49 PM
A keen club rider turned up at Dynoverks today with the bike, or what was left of it, shown in the attached photos.
He has raced a 600 in club racing in Victoria for some time but wanted to ride in the open class of racing.
His first priority was to maintain the green blood so the choice was easy, a ZX10
He could have gone out and bought a half decent, late model, ZX10 and turned it into a track bike which becomes an expensive exercise.
With the help of JMP, they sourced a low km, late model write off.
It looks a mess but surprisingly the engine still runs and looks and sounds to be in good condition, albeit loud as the muffler has disappeared, along with the rear wheel etc, etc.
I will try and get a series of photos as the bike is bought back to life as a very competitive, club racing, track bike over the next few weeks.
It should be an interesting project to see it progress.

macka1
28-06-06, 08:22 PM
Wowsers! Another great and interesting project coming from the clever lads at Dynoverks... :D I'm sure we will all be waiting with baited breath to see how this one progresses. ;)

Metric
28-06-06, 08:35 PM
Certainly will be Macka :D

If ever i get over that way i have dropping in to Dynoverks high on my priority list just so as i can meet these wizards :cool:

Photos and heaps of them please Ozmeanie :D

macka1
28-06-06, 08:43 PM
I'm dropping in tommorrow with my camera and bike so I will take a few pix if allowed and post for up later! :D

Tex Warren
28-06-06, 09:49 PM
So.... whats he doing with the 600?

OzMeanie
28-06-06, 09:58 PM
Tex,

I think he is looking for a new home for the bike ie., somwhere where it will get lots of TLC and its day on the track during club or track days ;)

Metric
28-06-06, 10:11 PM
Sounds good Macka :D

REDLINE
28-06-06, 10:22 PM
Certainly will be Macka :D

If ever i get over that way i have dropping in to Dynoverks high on my priority list just so as i can meet these wizards :cool:

Photos and heaps of them please Ozmeanie :D

sounds like its time for a road trip we should get a heap of riders together to travel over that way to meet every one else aswell as dynoverks :)

macka1
28-06-06, 10:28 PM
I'm sure any of you were you to come over, would find accomodation over here no problems through the guys on this forum! Us Victorians are like that! :D Generous and accomodating..... ;)

REDLINE
28-06-06, 10:32 PM
hmmmm does that include a stocked fridge :p

macka1
28-06-06, 10:37 PM
Don't know about the others but my bar and cellar are pretty well stocked, and no matter how much I try I never seem to be able to clean them out... hic! :cool:

OzMeanie
29-06-06, 10:35 PM
Sometimes s.... happens. Today when work started on stripping the ZX10, it was found the front forks were bent, albeit not initially noticeable. For safety and liability reasons the front forks will be consigned to the scrap metal bin. Further inspection confirmed the radiator is beyond repair which was expected. Other parts were better than expected so I guess doing a project like this is a sort of lottery. The attached photo today is of the front end minus the damaged forks but with the badly damaged radiator still in place.

Metric
29-06-06, 10:50 PM
There doesnt seem to be much left of that bike Ozmeanie :eek:

Thanks for the update and pic, i am looking forward to watching this one progress :cool:

OzMeanie
31-07-06, 01:00 PM
It's almost a complete bike again ! A few bits and pieces to go then the race shells come off again for spray painting.
A few hiccups along the way. With some help from Krooz Tune, the damaged forks were restored. The immobilizer amplifier was "missing" from the crashed bike. Without the amplifier the bike could not be started. For around $200 a new amplifier was obtained and the engine started 1st go.

dougie
31-07-06, 08:40 PM
very nioce:D

ColinD
01-08-06, 07:38 AM
Looking GOOD :D
Job well done when you see the photo's of what you started with.
What colour are you going to paint her? Or is that a stupid question.
Final photo's at jobs end would be great

OzMeanie
01-08-06, 11:08 AM
The owner has green blood so the upper shells and tank are being painted in the traditional Kawasaki green. The belly pan will be painted in mat black.
Re the forks, take a close look at the crash photos and you will see that the upper tubes are bent. Krooz Tune were able with some deft engineering, to machine a spare set of upper fork tubes they had from a different bike, and fit the undamaged internal pieces from the ZX10. The new front forks now fit and work perfectly.

OzMeanie
25-08-06, 05:38 PM
Mark is now the proud owner of a great looking track bike.
It took a little longer than expected but the result has been certainly worth waiting for. The bike looks great especially considering its ancestry

strika
25-08-06, 06:23 PM
Awesome work guys, well did!!! It has turned out neat with a little (read a lot) time, and a little ingenuity!!!:)

Tex Warren
27-08-06, 12:07 AM
I spent a lot of today just admiring that bike... now THATS a project I could loose a lot of money into...... WOW. Great work guys!:D

marczx7
16-01-07, 04:18 PM
I must thank the team from Dynoverks for their energy and effort in producing an awesome product that is giving me great joy. James, Dean, Peter and Edwina have been great support right from the beginning of the project and have been with me every step of an emotional rollercoaster.
The ZX10 has surpassed my expectations on the track and i expect even more fun to be had soon.
Thanks guys.

marczx7
29-04-07, 12:11 AM
I must thank the team from Dynoverks for their energy and effort in producing an awesome product that is giving me great joy. James, Dean, Peter and Edwina have been great support right from the beginning of the project and have been with me every step of an emotional rollercoaster.
The ZX10 has surpassed my expectations on the track and i expect even more fun to be had soon.
Thanks guys.

just dropping a note to let you know that i recently dropped my beautiful zx10 at broadford. Luckily some of it was captured on film. Some tlc and some coin and it is back on the road. Thanks to dean and Dr boingo for their help!!!!

MIKER
29-04-07, 08:51 AM
^^
thats bad luck , but these things happen on track days . its always hard to see your beloved motorcycle go down , glad you are o.k.