PDA

View Full Version : Riding NW Tassie

zx7r Mark
19-06-08, 10:11 AM
Gday all!

I am new to Tassie (2nd time living here actually!) and looking for people to ride with on weekends.

My partner and I just rode from Kalgoorlie (WA) to here last week on my 1998 zx7r - and besides it being a long way -we enjoyed the trip.

We are also keen to get a group together for Philip Island.

Anyway - we are near Wynyard/Burnie - if your up this way and fancy a ride let us know. If there are any established groups too that would be cool if you just let us know.

Cheers

Mark and Amy

old doc
19-06-08, 10:20 AM
Welcome! There are quite a few Taswegians here, and quite a few rides, and it's god's own riding country. Enjoy!
(and post up some pics of your bike) :)

zx7r Mark
19-06-08, 02:43 PM
Gday

Once I work out how to post pics I will!

I was thinking of a ride this Sat or Sun (June 21/22).

Maybe meet in Wynyard or Burnie and head somewhere for lunch or something?

Dont be shy - drop us a msg!

Cheers :)

SNAFU
19-06-08, 05:05 PM
Hi Mark
my name is Dutchy, the Tasrats do a ride each month on the last Sunday from Richmond. This month we are coming up to Oatlands on Sun 29th and will be at the Bakery at about 1230 hrs. The Tasrat site is as follows! http://groups.msn.com/TasRATs they are great buch of people and always welcome new riders. If you are ever down South and need any help or advice just contact me.

Cya Dutchy
:D:);)

r-shippy
19-06-08, 07:34 PM
:eek:how did it go across the straight?

zx7r Mark
19-06-08, 11:22 PM
Bike ran well - We were 2 up for 6 days with enough clothes to survive (and a laptop and diary to do work!) - so was a bit loaded!

So is there anyone up this end of the world?

How do i load pics on here?

And whos up for Philip Island?

Trunks
20-06-08, 10:04 AM
How are you going I am in Devonport and me and a few mates ( from Burnie ) go riding most weekends we will proberly have a pre track day ride on saturday arvo if your interested? Sunday there is a track day at Symmons Plains if thats your thing let me know and I can give you more info.

zx7r Mark
20-06-08, 12:02 PM
Sounds awesome!

I would be keen to meet up so and follow you guys down on Sunday to watch and/or go for a run on Saturday. If you can get me some details my email is mark@mbmotorsport.net or 0439 966 072.

Cheers...

zx7r Mark
27-06-08, 08:50 PM
Whos up for a ride this weekend?

We were thinking of a mission to see snow (yes were strange I know)...

Thoughts anyone?

Tasvulcan
12-08-08, 10:47 PM
Hi Mark
Seems we are nearly neighbours. Would like to hook up for a run sometime. let me know.
Dale

WhinjaOnHerNinja
29-09-08, 09:52 PM
I am in Launceston but hopefully coming into better weather we will be doing longer runs so maybe catch up one then! Always up for a good run...:D
Symmons is an awesome weekend to go and check out too...

zx7r Mark
18-10-08, 01:28 PM
Howdy

We are in Sisters beach - wonder if its your bike i hear getting around here?

Anyway - be keen for a ride - between my hectic trying to survive work activities!

Drop me an email mark@mbmotorsport.net or 0439 966 072.

CHeers

WhinjaOnHerNinja
27-10-08, 08:50 PM
Nope not my bike ya can hear.... Just about to look up where Sister beach is...:vroam:
Bl00dy ell.... why did ya move there! Is miles from anything... haha
I havent been there yet... and I have only lived in Tassie 37 years... omg.. nearly 38... *sob* getting old...:doh:
But have plans on catching up with a mate in d'port.. then riding through to Burnie... etc... also want to go to Dismal swamp oneday...
and Cradle Mountain..and Coles bay and and and..... still lots to see...
Catch ya on the flip side...:wavey::beerglass:

old doc
27-10-08, 09:00 PM
Whinja if you do Coles Bay there's a guy with a catamaran who does tours, either all the way round to Wineglass, or just out to the cliffs to see the sea-eagles nesting, then around to a beaut little bay where you stop for tea & biscuits (very civilised). And THEN on the way back, the boat gets surrounded by dolphins who just go insane playing in the wake & racing the boat. His border-collie has a 6th sense for when the dolphins are around and goes apesh1t running laps around the boat.
If you do Cradle Mountain, don't let anyone talk you into walking around Dove Lake - it's 6km (from memory) and I went "are we there yet?" for 5.9km. It would be fine if you could do it on a bike....:biggrin1:

Tasvulcan
27-10-08, 09:52 PM
Nope not my bike ya can hear.... Just about to look up where Sister beach is...:vroam:
Bl00dy ell.... why did ya move there! Is miles from anything... haha
I havent been there yet... and I have only lived in Tassie 37 years... omg.. nearly 38... *sob* getting old...:doh:
But have plans on catching up with a mate in d'port.. then riding through to Burnie... etc... also want to go to Dismal swamp oneday...
and Cradle Mountain..and Coles bay and and and..... still lots to see...
Catch ya on the flip side...:wavey::beerglass:

Let me know when your heading this way whinja and we will catchup

ronin1959
28-10-08, 12:18 AM
Whinja if you do Coles Bay there's a guy with a catamaran who does tours, either all the way round to Wineglass, or just out to the cliffs to see the sea-eagles nesting, then around to a beaut little bay where you stop for tea & biscuits (very civilised). And THEN on the way back, the boat gets surrounded by dolphins who just go insane playing in the wake & racing the boat. His border-collie has a 6th sense for when the dolphins are around and goes apesh1t running laps around the boat.
If you do Cradle Mountain, don't let anyone talk you into walking around Dove Lake - it's 6km (from memory) and I went "are we there yet?" for 5.9km. It would be fine if you could do it on a bike....:biggrin1:

Hey doc, next time u do Coles Bay, go for a walk up to the top of Mount Amos for the sunrise, it's an awesome experience.

+1 re Dove Lake! Grab a fishing rod & licence and head to nearby lake St Clair, the deepest natural lake in the Southern Hemisphere. I reckon there be some monster trout down in there!!

p.s. try not to tread on the tiger snakes........:listen:

ronin1959
28-10-08, 12:19 AM
Might catch some of you Tassie guys n gals at Symmons on Nov 23........;)