PDA

View Full Version : ATTN ALL VIC RIDERS

blackninjazx6
16-06-08, 04:03 PM
Not sure if this can be posted, but a ride for a worthy cause. Word is getting around quick. In the AMCN this month.

Anyone Keen? Pass around

Sat 5th PROTEST RIDE - TOLLS, TAC TAX, FRONT ID & MORE

This is a protest ride being arranged by Damien Codognotto. The media release and information is as follows. Meeting time from 10am at the Doncaster Park & Ride with the ride departing at 12 noon.

There will be a protest ride on Saturday, July 5, 2008. The primary argument will be against road tolls for motorcycles but we'll be collecting signatures on the petition to abolish the $56 a year TAC tax too. And front ID for motorcycles and scooters is definitely a big issue on this protest run.

If we get the numbers we plan to have stands at the bike expo and the OZ GP to collect more signatures against the TAC tax. The petition will be given to an MP to present to Parliament probably on November 12, 2008.

The assembly area will be the Doncaster Park & Ride - Melway reference Map 46 K1. It's virtually empty on a Saturday. It's left out the gate. A few metres and left onto the Eastern Freeway which becomes the Eastlink toll road. Very safe. Eastlink opens Sunday, June 29. There is a toll free period of a month.

At noon riders will proceed to Frankston at 10 kph under the speed limit. Probably 90 kph most of the trip. The distance will be around 60 kms. The destination is the Frankston Civic Centre in Davey Street. - Melway reference map 100A C9. There will be no road tolls and no entry fees or registration. A bucket collection will help defray costs.

All road registered trikes, sidecars, motorcycles & scooters are welcome. On the ride, normal road laws apply and each rider is responsible for him/her self.

We will be inviting City Councillors and MPs from along the route to be at the start or the finish or to ride with us. The media too. We'll have responsible pilots to take passengers. Let me know if you can take a passenger.

If we get the numbers, the November protest goes ahead, if not, it doesn't.

Hopefully some riders will be tempted to come a fair distance for a chance to ride the new super road before the tolls start. Others may be inspired by the recent successful protests by taxi drivers and pensioners but I doubt we'll see any topless riders this time of year. Others still may attend because they are angry that our representatives on VMAC have not stood up for the motorcycle community's interests.

http://www.docv.org/events/itin.shtml

old doc
16-06-08, 06:30 PM
...others may be inspired by the recent successful protests by taxi drivers and pensioners but I doubt we'll see any topless riders this time of year. Others still may attend because they are angry that our representatives on VMAC have not stood up for the motorcycle community's interests.http://www.docv.org/events/itin.shtml

Yep, I'll be in that. Not topless though..... oh all right, twist my arm...:D

jimanjen
16-06-08, 07:32 PM
Yep, I'll be in that. Not topless though..... oh all right, twist my arm...:D
Well..if this is the case.....WE WANT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

old doc
16-06-08, 07:55 PM
^^^^^
If this is the case, there will be plenty of pics, front page of all the tabloids :D:D:D:D

pbz1900
16-06-08, 08:32 PM
And a few on my camera, Doc!! :D I might just mosey along to Frangertown Civic Centre. A wheelless onlooker.:(

weekend_rider
16-06-08, 09:09 PM
got a short ride on eastlink for the open day from maroondah hwy to burwood hwy at around on the gpx last weekend and about 70kph........ very smooth road, so nice without cars too :p

I'll be there....... All Vic riders should get involved in this, our state govt seems strongly opposed to anything motorised that doesn't give them a 6 figure revenue per annum.

gpxbabe
17-06-08, 07:16 AM
I'll be there with a mate :)

parki111
17-06-08, 07:20 AM
If we're not playing in the grand final (very good chance we won't be) then I'll be there.

PK-2000
17-06-08, 11:29 AM
sound like a plan, I should make it. hmm 90 k's, it's going to be hard to stick to that !

ZZZ750
17-06-08, 09:01 PM
I will be there... I am having a new pipe put on that morning, so I will be loud and proud, I won't have the baffle in either!!!! Providing the weather is good I am there!

SerxXx
19-06-08, 09:29 PM
ill be there if its good enough weather (not raining).. im coming from the western suburbs.. if anyone is heading from this way just reply to the post and we can make a little pre-meet somewhere central in the western suburbs, if not, ill try not to get lost.. =P i dont know my way around the east =P

my_zx6
21-06-08, 08:24 PM
If it's not raining I'll be there.

SerxXx
21-06-08, 11:37 PM
well www.bom.gov.au says:

Saturday Fine. Min 6 Max 15

so if that doesnt change ill be there =D

bens369
21-06-08, 11:49 PM
for a good cause..i can persuade myself to behave for a short time...:p

finallyridingagain
24-06-08, 07:47 AM
Should be there, hopefully it doesnt rain.

ctruong
28-06-08, 07:35 PM
got a short ride on eastlink for the open day from maroondah hwy to burwood hwy at around on the gpx last weekend and about 70kph........ very smooth road, so nice without cars too :p

I'll be there....... All Vic riders should get involved in this, our state govt seems strongly opposed to anything motorised that doesn't give them a 6 figure revenue per annum.

Weekend_Rider, you mean 7 figures to the revenue !!!

Yep, I will be there !!!

Cheers,
ctruong.

ctruong
28-06-08, 08:37 PM
The assembly area will be the Doncaster Park & Ride - Melway reference Map 46 K1.

http://www.docv.org/events/itin.shtml

BlackNinja,

Are you sure it is Melway map K46 K1 ...
There's no Park at Melway 46 K1.
However, there is a Doncaster Reserve on 47 K1, on Doncaster Rd.

Cheers,
ctruong.

Kahlua71
28-06-08, 08:46 PM
Unfortunately, I can't be there for the ride, will be at my parent's place in the country, but I have a suggestion for those people who are worried about the weather or your bike is unrideable, take your car and show the car drivers that some motorcyclists are car drivers too.
Anyway, good riding to all

mickdundee
29-06-08, 11:15 AM

Working day shift no option but to give it a miss alas but rest assure W R they will still get their revenue, it does have speed cameras of course plus they get a share of the tolls :)

mickdundee
29-06-08, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately, I can't be there for the ride, will be at my parent's place in the country, but I have a suggestion for those people who are worried about the weather or your bike is unrideable, take your car and show the car drivers that some motorcyclists are car drivers too.
Anyway, good riding to all

How you propose that be shown, drive in leathers, lid, motorbike boots et al?

Mithel
29-06-08, 12:28 PM
As much as i believe we need organised representation and to make a statement, i am afraid one of the last people i would ever want to represent us is Damien Codognotto. I would suggest reading his basis for this ride before participating.

However each to their own.

finallyridingagain
29-06-08, 12:52 PM
Seems to be alot of negative stuff on Damien in general, any specific links about this ride though?

Also is there a meetup point for riders from this forum, could get a little tricky finding members at the final meeting point.........

PS had a quick drive down the free tollway this morning - every second vehicle was a bike, pity there were no signs advertising next weekend!

Vulcanised
01-07-08, 12:35 PM
After reading some comments about this guy decided to do some research and found bad and good comments??:confused: But right or wrong have decided to join the ride if only to get away from Sleepy Hollow for the day. Would like to meet up with other from this forum if possible.

old doc
02-07-08, 09:52 AM
I'd be keen to meet up with AKRF members too. I'm intending to go unless completely filthy weather.
There seems to be some confusion re the initial meeting point. It's Doncaster PARK & RIDE, which is the big railway car park next to the Doncaster train station (get it? *park* your cage *& ride* the train) NOT a park in Doncaster.
Don't know how to make sure we (Kawas) meet up though, as it looks like there will be a cast of thousands. Does anyone here ride in Kawa green leathers? Have a Kawa green bike? Or both? Maybe there's a corner we can huddle in. Or maybe we should post mobile numbers? Open to suggestions.
Maybe we need a BANNER like the Queenslanders!
Anyway, it's 10.00 for 12.00 start. (That seems a long lead-in time :rolleyes:)

PK-2000
02-07-08, 11:11 AM
how about another meeting point near there and ride together to the park

old doc
02-07-08, 03:55 PM
That sounds like a smarter idea :)

Joffaboy
02-07-08, 05:29 PM
there's a park on the other side of the freeway access via Clifton st
if you google map it you will see it's real close to the meeting point
If this spot is OK post a time but 10.30 to 11 would be good

finallyridingagain
02-07-08, 06:12 PM
I'm looking at the streetdirectory.com.au (no melway grids there or anything)
But I cant see railway station in Doncaster. (I didnt even know Doncaster had a railway station)

But I found a park and ride on the doncaster rd exit.

Hey Joffa (or anyone else), I found where you're talking about - want to meet up on the way? I'll be getting on Eastlink at Wellington Rd. (or thereabouts, I'm in Rowville).

Joffaboy
02-07-08, 06:54 PM
give me a time and a place as I'm in Doveton and can go via Wellington rd no problem
maybe Ben can meet us if he is goin

louis_egan
02-07-08, 08:14 PM
Providing the weather is good I am there!

+1. interested to see the new road

old doc
02-07-08, 08:30 PM
Why don't we say 10.30 - 11.00 in the park near the Clifton Street entry to it. :cool:
Funnily enough I can't see a railway station either. I just assumed there was one - otherwise why else would you need to park your car? So you can get out & WALK up the freeway to work??? :confused:

Joffaboy
02-07-08, 08:42 PM
you catch a bus to the city

old doc
02-07-08, 09:38 PM
You're kidding me. People DRIVE to a bus stop & park, then hop on a BUS??? Why not just catch a bus close to home?

PK-2000
02-07-08, 10:36 PM
Clifton Street sounds good, hope the weathers nice

parki111
03-07-08, 05:17 AM
there's a park on the other side of the freeway access via Clifton st
if you google map it you will see it's real close to the meeting point
If this spot is OK post a time but 10.30 to 11 would be good

Sounds like a good idea Joffa, I'll be there.

jimanjen
03-07-08, 06:52 AM
You're kidding me. People DRIVE to a bus stop & park, then hop on a BUS??? Why not just catch a bus close to home?Because there aint no buses near to their home,or trains,or Cobb and Co coaches,or horse and carts,and then they cant park in the city either because there aint no affordable parking spots,or for that matter any spots at all!

quietthinker
03-07-08, 07:58 AM
See you at the Cllfton St entry 10.30 -11am. I'm looking forward to putting some faces to names .:D

old doc
03-07-08, 08:51 AM
Because there aint no buses near to their home,or trains,or Cobb and Co coaches,or horse and carts,and then they cant park in the city either because there aint no affordable parking spots,or for that matter any spots at all!

Then they should just ride their motorsickles! :p

ctruong
03-07-08, 10:24 AM
See you at the Cllfton St entry 10.30 -11am. I'm looking forward to putting some faces to names .:D

See you all at 10:30 -11:00am at the Clifton St entry.

Cheers,
ctruong.

pbz1900
03-07-08, 11:19 AM
I'll catch up in Frangatown. I'll look for Docs freshly painted beauty.
cheers

louis_egan
03-07-08, 04:54 PM
Why don't we say 10.30 - 11.00 in the park near the Clifton Street entry to it. :cool:
Funnily enough I can't see a railway station either. I just assumed there was one - otherwise why else would you need to park your car? So you can get out & WALK up the freeway to work??? :confused:

weathers lookin good i'll be there, would anyone happen to know the melways refrence?

finallyridingagain
03-07-08, 05:44 PM
give me a time and a place as I'm in Doveton and can go via Wellington rd no problem

hows 10:30? (I hate waking up the neighbours with the meanie pipes especially on a weekend!)

did you want me to wait on eastlink just after the wellington entry? Makes me wonder when they're going to start putting up some servos along it actually

whatever's easiest for you mate - regarding location/time

ctruong
03-07-08, 06:16 PM
hows 10:30? (I hate waking up the neighbours with the meanie pipes especially on a weekend!)

Finally,

Stuff the neighbour !!! hehehe !!!
Born to be wild. dude !!

Cheers,
ctruong.

bens369
03-07-08, 06:54 PM
have i missed a melways reference? can someone post it? please and thankyou...

bens369
03-07-08, 07:34 PM
i'm in croydon ...so if the meeting place is in doncaster, i'll be going through the tunnel via the ringwood bypass, heading towards the city...melway ref. please for the meeting point or closest pub location...
i'll be on the meany with the flames...once at meeting point location...i'll have the unforgettable beany on, for attraction or aversion...enter at your own willingness...
or ...give me a point and time to meet up with you, joffa, and i'll be there...
and i'd just like to add ...Go Queensland...what a great game last night...i'd have to put that tussle within the top ten...:D
next year ...cockroachs...hehehe...more pain...

old doc
03-07-08, 09:25 PM
The little park at the end of CLIFTON street is Melway map 46 K2. :)

gpxbabe
03-07-08, 09:56 PM
A friend and I are aiming to arrive at the Park and Ride by about 11.30am. I'll be on a red GPX250 (FH 056) and he'll be on a black and silver Buell (unless my cunning plan to talk him into swapping works :rolleyes:). Will maybe have a friend on a Harley with us too. I think the forecast is pretty good for Saturday. Old Doc - I've still got your mobile number so I'll try you when we get there. Looking forward to seeing your new bike :D

mattyhylander
04-07-08, 12:51 AM
damn im in the area but my bike is in geelong. gotta miss tomorrow, but would be keen for november for sure. Anyone who doesn't know my email...vic rides has it, otherwise mattyhylander@melbournewater.com.au

Joffaboy
04-07-08, 06:39 AM
Ok I will be on Wellington Rd at 10.15 between Stud rd and the eastlink entrance will head off at 10.30 to meet every one at the park near the offical meeting point don't worry about the neighbours if there still in bed at 9.30 then there just lazy bar$$ard's
see ya there

parki111
05-07-08, 08:32 AM
Don't wait for me, I won't be able to make it! Have a good protest :cool:

finallyridingagain
05-07-08, 09:17 AM
sorry for bailing last minute Joffa/Colsie, (in case you're wondering - no I dont normally drive in my riding gear.....thats how close I was getting there)

Looks like she's in for another service :(

Was it a big turnout?

bens369
05-07-08, 05:45 PM
sorry for bailing last minute Joffa/Colsie, (in case you're wondering - no I dont normally drive in my riding gear.....thats how close I was getting there)

Looks like she's in for another service :(

Was it a big turnout?
good turn out...

bens369
05-07-08, 06:55 PM
:Dcheck out "Eastlink Protest Ride" thread...:D:p:rolleyes: