PDA

View Full Version : Tasrats ride on the 29th June 08

SNAFU
03-06-08, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone,
just a reminder that the Tasrats have a ride on the 29 June 08. It starts at Richmond at 11 am. From there we will head to Runnymede through Levendale to Oatlands for a stop and coffee. Then we will head back via the Midlands Hwy, and possibly stop at Colebrook for lunch. Then we will then head back to Richmond for a few after ride drinks at the Richmond Arms pub. If anyone can think of a better place for lunch other than Colebrook then let me know.

Cya Dutchy
:):D;)

weekend_rider
03-06-08, 11:14 PM
Im yet to visit tassie, so to save me looking it up in the map archive.... roughly how far is Richmond from where spirit of tassie docks??

old doc
04-06-08, 10:05 AM
Practically the other end of the Tas :(
But having said that, it's not a very big state :) And the roads between Devonport (ferry dock) and there are lovely (in all possible ways, ie scenic, twisty, etc)
I could be Seriously Tempted, but remember how cold Vic is and DOUBLE it for Tas :eek:

ronin1959
04-06-08, 11:41 AM
Practically the other end of the Tas :(
But having said that, it's not a very big state :) And the roads between Devonport (ferry dock) and there are lovely (in all possible ways, ie scenic, twisty, etc)
I could be Seriously Tempted, but remember how cold Vic is and DOUBLE it for Tas :eek:

+1 Doc, it's the wind chill factor that gets ya!
;)

weekend_rider
05-06-08, 09:03 PM
was out early this morning........... was coldly reminded of the phrase "wind chill factor" (pardon the pun, but its fitting.)

Perhaps Tassie is something should be tackled in summer, i love winter but 2degrees multiplied by 80kmh is......... cold.

SNAFU
08-06-08, 06:44 PM
Crikey, you bloody mainlanders,
it isn't cold down here in Tassie and besides it sure beats being fried alive. Anyway thats what thermals and heated grips are for. Lastly you get pretty warm working hard on all the great motorcycle roads we have in Tassie, so you don't really notice the cold.

Cya Dutchy
:D:D:D

Zed900
08-06-08, 09:08 PM
Bloody sooks.:p
We've only been in Tas coming up for 3 years, formerly from NSW Central Coast......it really isn't as cold as people make out......*****, I've worked on jobs in Sydney that still have ice on the roof at 10:30 in the morning during winter as well!!!

SNAFU
03-07-08, 05:45 PM
Well,
Sundays ride turned out to be a cracker. It was a lovely warm 14 (see you mainland sooks it isn't cold here in Tassie) and we had a great turn out. The run up to Oatlands was a pretty good ride taking in the sights of Runnymede, Levendale and Parttah. Had quick stop at the Oatlands bakery and then back to Richmond for lunch at the pub via Colebrook and Campania. All in all it was a great day looking forward to the next ride.

Cya Dutchy