PDA

View Full Version : newby question

r1andy
02-06-08, 11:02 PM
hi guys,

being a newby and having a relatively old bike (1988 model), i was just wondering how intense these rides of yours are??

i would hate to be pushed to the limit on my first ride out OR have my bike clonk out on me 100k from home :o

let me know what u guys thing... other than buy a new bike... :-[
thanks

Charlie
03-06-08, 02:30 AM
As fast as the wind ....( us old fellas pass a lot ) as hard as rock ( and roll ) :D

jimanjen
03-06-08, 07:32 AM
Andy,I wouldnt worry too much.It depends on who you ride with,but just about everybody on this site would understand your concerns and adjust their riding style(and speed)to suit you. As long as you can keep up with the speed limit you would be fine.Ive got a midweight cruiser,and Ive ridden with big uns and tiddlers,we all seem to adjust accordingly......and dont forget,riding with a group gives you some peace of mind if you do break down....we wont abandon you in the middle of nowhere(unless there is a party about to happen).....Cheers Jimmy;)

Christo
03-06-08, 07:42 AM
Just like the GIrines, mate! We take our wounded when we leave, no one gets left behind!
Christo.

old doc
03-06-08, 02:14 PM
Don't worry! I'm on L's on an older 250 and I went on the Anzac Day ride here in Vic. No probs. The fast ones go fast in front, the slower ones go slower at the back, the medium ones stay in the middle. If there's a turnoff, someone stays at that corner until everyone's gone around it. We all end up at the same place at (pretty much) the same time. If you & your bike can cope with ordinary highway speeds, you'll be JUST FINE. :)

Phat750
03-06-08, 02:32 PM
If u want mate, ride up to NSW in September & then tag along as we make the pilgrimage back down to Phillip Island! :rolleyes: That way if we all stick together we wont get booked & u can get some more group riding experience!:D Sound Ok???

ZZZ750
03-06-08, 07:50 PM
Always looking for more riders!! My Wife is on her L's and rides a 250 so I go at her pace, with the odd fast corner but otherwise we cruise around!!!

Join us weather permitting on the ride through the black spur!!

r1andy
03-06-08, 08:11 PM
wow...

you guys/galls are very considerate!!!
when i get my leather pants and boots ill drag my ass along to one of the rides!!!

good thing ive only got 7 months till my restrictions go away =p

weekend_rider
03-06-08, 10:21 PM
i haven't been on many organized rides due to work commitments but just meeting other riders out on the roads nearly every rider acknowledges others, and if someone comes off or is pulled over others slow to check if all is ok or give u a nod in passing. Ive got a 98 gpx, and there aren't too many parts different from the 88 model, so i would be too worried everyone is out for a good time regardless of skilled level and i think that is reflected in their concern for other riders. Welcome to another fellow Victorian.........

Where bouts in Vic are you from??