PDA

View Full Version : Shinko Tires????? Any feed back please..

Blinky
18-05-08, 11:48 AM
Hi Peoples,

I'm just wondering if anyone out there could help me i ride an 02 zx9 and in need of some new tires the bike is currently in the shop getting a few Johnny go fast bits put on (jets, filter, advancer) bit i'm still running the original factory tires which are a little past use by date, in the past i have run Bridgestone, Michelin and Pirelli's on previous bikes but my dealer suggested i put Shinko Tires on but i dont know anything about them, they come in a few compounds i was looking at the ultra soft front and rear (003) they are cheap coming in around $300 fitted.

Does anyone know of these tires or use/have used them that could give me some feed back.....

Thanks Blinky..

A2rider
18-05-08, 11:49 AM
They are very good tires. Have good grip, and higher mileage than most.

chuffed
18-05-08, 01:57 PM
I have tried 003's on my road bike and ran them for a while on my drag bike,(most street tyred dragbikes run em as they are as sticky as a mickey thompson or a dragtec at a fraction of the price) and would not recommend them for the road espcially a daily commuter.

They dont disperse water very well because they dont have continous lines to the edge, the grooves in the tread are very short and not very wide. They come in a soft and ultra soft and even the soft are very soft, i found that putting one on the front gave me far less feedback than the pilot power that i replaced it with.

I havnt had any personal experience with the new conti's though they are supposed to be quiet good and very well priced also.

Gosling1
18-05-08, 02:12 PM
these tyres have been used by a few of the punters at KSRC (http://www.ksrc-au.com/index)......the general consensus is that they make great tyres for street-based drag bikes.

They have a very 'flat' profile, which gives interesting handling characteristics through corners.......although they do give great mileage....

If your riding is mainly commuting or highway work, and you are looking for the best 'value' tyre, then these are worth looking at.

If you spend most of your riding on the weekends out in the twisties.......maybe the new Conti's, or a set of M3's would be more appropriate ?

:cool: