PDA

View Full Version : Ride on th 25th May

SNAFU
07-05-08, 06:15 PM
To anyone interested the Tasrats are having a ride on the 25th May 08. Start time will be at 11am at Richmond from there we head to Margate, then on down the Channel Hwy to Huonville, where will probably have lunch. The ride will end at Nutgrove beach near the bakery. Everyone are welcome no matter what type or size of bike you ride.

Cya Dutchy
:):D;)

Shelly
07-05-08, 06:22 PM
Hey Dutchy, we'll be there.
Dazza better bring his shovel for the duck poo ay? :D:D

Charlie
07-05-08, 07:23 PM
Sorry I can't make it . Too Far:D

Shelly
25-05-08, 09:25 PM
A good turnout for a late Autumn afternoon. Also great food at the cafe.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Daisy4Doors/Kawasaki/saturday007a.jpg

brucey
25-05-08, 09:53 PM
got any more pics?

devotus
25-05-08, 09:56 PM
yeah one pic???? need more pleez:D

Shelly
26-05-08, 12:51 PM
Dutchy might have some more.

old doc
26-05-08, 03:11 PM
Two HUGE panniers and a HUGE top-box, for a day-ride. And they say girls pack too many clothes! :p

SNAFU
26-05-08, 08:36 PM
Doc down here in Tassie you need to carry gear for all types of weather, besides the Minister for War and Finance doesn't travel lightly. Shelly it was great once again to catch up with you and Reg, see you next month.

Cya Dutchy

ronin1959
28-05-08, 03:10 PM
Dutchy might have some more.

Nice pic Shel, looks like it was a great day. Made us even more homesick!

Both me & the missus can't wait to get back down home and away from this sh!thole called Queensland! If all goes to plan, will be back in Tassie in time for the toy run.

:D

devotus
28-05-08, 04:10 PM
Both me & the missus can't wait to get back down home and away from this sh!thole called Queensland!
:D

:eek:Wash your fingers Ronin! but if thats the way you feel tell all other southerners here and when you get down there how crap it is up here it may disuade more of you f*ckers coming up!:D i'll help ya pack if ya want:D

ronin1959
28-05-08, 04:49 PM
Wash your fingers Ronin! but if thats the way you feel tell all other southerners here and when you get down there how crap it is up here it may disuade more of you f*ckers coming up!:D i'll help ya pack if ya want:D

No offence meant, Devo. The people up here are mostly Aussies, so they're cool. :cool:

My issues are with the way things are managed up here. Infrastructure, Transport, Education, Health, Electricity, (should I go on?) are so far backward compared to Tassie.

Probably a legacy of the Joh days! Qld is STILL playing 'catch-up'! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Ronin

devotus
28-05-08, 04:57 PM
No offence meant, Devo. The people up here are mostly Aussies, so they're cool. :cool:

My issues are with the way things are managed up here. Infrastructure, Transport, Education, Health, Electricity, (should I go on?) are so far backward compared to Tassie.

Probably a legacy of the Joh days! Qld is STILL playing 'catch-up'! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Ronin

no offence taken ronin i'm just jokin with ya. i think part of queenslands appeal is it is a bit backward i've lived in melbourne and imo it's the pits i've said this before but too many people, too much agro, fascist police, greedy state gov (even more than that cow bligh), maquarie bank is slowly but surely taking over victoria. i really like tassie but i've only one head dont find my sister attractive and it's too cold for long stays imo imo imo imo imo. the one thing i'll say about vic that i think is superior to qld and that is the arts scene down there is great where in qld art is watching a bogon write his girlfriends name on a wall while pissing!:D

SNAFU
29-05-08, 09:18 AM
Hi Ronin
glad to here you are heading home. When you get here give us a heads up or in the case of Tassie two heads up and we will catch up. The Tasrats are planning a ride before the Toy Run down the east coast road, back across to Campbell Town via Lake Leake and back to Hobart stopping at Melton Mowbray, so with any luck you can join us.

Devotus! My sister is very preeetyy and its not to cold here. Besides we have drawn up a new law here in Tassie you are now can marry outside the family. At least we don't have speed camera's on every road, the coppers here are willing to listen and all our roads are motorcycle heaven.

So why don't all you mainlanders get your passports out and come and see why we love our little island.

Ride safe everyone

Cya Dutchy

:):D;):)

old doc
29-05-08, 10:24 AM
I visited Tassie for the first time just 18 months ago (in a car, this was before the bike bug bit). LOVED it. Really pretty & unspoiled, great roads, lovely people. (Only counted one head per person:p).
Met quite a few relocated escapees from Melbourne, easy to understand why they would. Except for the cold! I'm Vic born 'n' bred & probably stuck here for life, but if I were moving anywhere else it would be Tas. :)
In October this year I'm putting the bike on the boat & doing a week or so's ride around, 'twould be good to catch up with some of you guys then :)

ronin1959
29-05-08, 01:54 PM
The Tasrats are planning a ride before the Toy Run down the east coast road, back across to Campbell Town via Lake Leake and back to Hobart stopping at Melton Mowbray, so with any luck you can join us.

Cheers Dutchy, would be a good run. Have been across the lake leake road many times and is one of the best B roads in the country. Well, in daylight at least, ride it just after dusk and you get to do twisties down the straights! Dodging Roo! :eek:

Ronin