PDA

View Full Version : Anzac Day Ride

VixenAndrea
31-03-08, 12:53 PM
All,

For any interested we are looking at doing a ride to the West of Melbourne on ANZAC day (we’ve been East and South so far).

The planned meeting point is the BP Service station on the Calder Highway just past the Calder Park Thunder Dome at 10:00am for a 10:30am departure

From there we can head North West to Woodend via Hanging Rock

From Woodend to Daylesford for lunch via Tylden (should be an interesting ride)

After lunch we’ll head toward Ballarat via Creswick before heading back toward Melbourne with a stop around Ballan and or Bacchus Marsh (some may need fuel earlier)

The planned route is just over 200Km and according to Google Maps will take just over 3 hours riding with out stops (this does not include getting to the starting point getting home from Bacchus Marsh)

If you would like to join us please let me know via pm and include your email address.

Anyone wanting to meet along the way or prior to Calder Park from the Eastern Suburbs, please choose a location and advise. i will be leaving from the park and ride at the Doncaster Rd exit of the freeway

IndioGomez
31-03-08, 04:01 PM
That sounds like a good plan Andrea, I will let you know if I can make it. Cheers.

Joffaboy
01-04-08, 08:45 AM
Hi Andrea hopefully I will be able to make it
have to check with the kids as it's my birthday
Also I have been told that some of the road between Mt Macedon and Hanging rock is gravel you may want to check this out

parki111
01-04-08, 10:37 AM
I'll be there :D

MorganGT
01-04-08, 08:15 PM
Also I have been told that some of the road between Mt Macedon and Hanging rock is gravel you may want to check this out
I've driven that way several times by car (not by bike unfortunately) and am pretty sure I never struck gravel - just have to be a bit careful going up Mt.Macedon, as there are some pretty narrow, tight hairpins on the way up.

MIKER
01-04-08, 08:48 PM
the ride mentioned is a nice ride , its out me end of town . some decent roads & hwy cruising to be enjoyed .. :)

VixenAndrea
02-04-08, 08:44 AM
i will call the council and ask about the roads. but i note that the map shows the roads as made not unmade - but will keep you all informed

hoffy zx12
02-04-08, 04:25 PM
For any sydney-ites... KSRC do a dawn ride to the city to check out the dawn service... check it out on www.ksrc-au.com closer to the day for further details..rock on !!

Then we go for pancakes and scones !!

VixenAndrea
03-04-08, 07:45 AM
Hi Andrea hopefully I will be able to make it
have to check with the kids as it's my birthday

and its my birthday on the Sunday (27th)... as well as being Greek Easter..

jimanjen
03-04-08, 07:52 AM
and its my birthday on the Sunday (27th)... as well as being Greek Easter..

AH HA......now I understand.....From your Greek Easter reference,I gather you are of that heritage.....I was in Greece late last year,and I loved the joint......all the women had big hair,big boobs and big attitude,they were sensational!!!!!!!!!!!now I know where you get it from Vixey....you legend!.....Cheers Jimmy:D:D

VixenAndrea
03-04-08, 08:37 AM
i'm not Greek - I'm a SKIP!!!!!!!!

VixenAndrea
03-04-08, 08:39 AM
if anyone wants to be included in our general rides - not necessarily Kwaka related - you can be included for our newsletters by sending an email to VicRiders@hotmail.com which I have just set up
cheers!

VixenAndrea
03-04-08, 01:01 PM
i have received this from the macedon ranges...
The proposed route is entirely of sealed surface.

Mt Macedon Road
Good: Road condition travelling up Mt Macedon Road [North] is good; it has standard 3 to 3.5m lane width and fair road warning signage. Travelling north, nearing the top [after the Mt Macedon shops, CFA etc, lane width narrows slightly.

Note: Depending on time, at the top of Mt Macedon Rd, it would be worth while to head west along Cameron Drive to the memorial cross, it is not a bad ride, and there is a café at the end of Cameron Drive at the car park. Some may take the short stroll to the cross, fantastic lookout to Melbourne. Approx elevation is 1100m.

Fair: Road condition travelling north over the mount, down Mt Macedon Road is significantly different to travelling up, narrow lane width, often has moss on its edges in the wet/cooler months, it has many more curves, one 10kmh hair-pin curve about 1.5kms from the top that has an uneven surface on that curve. Mt Macedon Road is a tourist road so watch the cars cutting corners.

Tylden – Woodend Road
Good: Road condition, full lane widths, good road warning signage, low traffic volume

Daylesford – Trentham Road
Good: Road condition

Just be wary of the travel down Mt Macedon Road if the weather is misty etc.

The road [C318] Myrniong – Trentham Road, that runs south from Trentham Township is more of a road for riders but does not go to Daylesford or Ballarat

jimanjen
03-04-08, 04:13 PM

Well then i take it all back.....so there;)

bens369
03-04-08, 04:27 PM
I'm torn between going for a cruise or doing what i've done since i was knee high to a grass hopper...attending the dawn service...and in particular....in the last 21 years which involves mince on toast and bundy rum ( or more ) in black coffee...i think i might give the ride a miss...lest we forget...:cool:

MIKER
04-04-08, 07:24 PM

now thats :D:D:D

VixenAndrea
05-04-08, 03:09 PM
now thats :D:D:D

why is that so funny levendi?

MIKER
05-04-08, 03:11 PM
why is that so funny levendi?

it got me laughing thats all "koukla"

PK-2000
05-04-08, 03:52 PM
that's very funny. do they serve gyros at the café at the end of Cameron Drive at the car park

Christo
05-04-08, 05:18 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm! Souvlakia!

bens369
05-04-08, 06:18 PM
seeing as we're on the greek women thing...is it true that they like it....hang on... i'm breaking up...i can't quite finish the rest of my sentence...oh ...damn it...i've lost all communication...

VixenAndrea
05-04-08, 08:19 PM
it got me laughing thats all "koukla"

now now agapimou - you shouldnt be laughing at me
machia filaki xx

VixenAndrea
05-04-08, 08:20 PM
seeing as we're on the greek women thing...is it true that they like it....hang on... i'm breaking up...i can't quite finish the rest of my sentence...oh ...damn it...i've lost all communication...

Ben - you're a fair dinkum dag
from the SHEILA

MIKER
05-04-08, 10:06 PM
now now agapimou - you shouldnt be laughing at me
machia filaki xx

you certainly know your greek , filakia to you too .. ;)

jimanjen
06-04-08, 09:34 AM

bens369....that is absolutely true!....its apparently very important that greek women are...how shall i put this...intact when they marry,so to get around that problem,they .....well...they...um....you know.....whether they ENJOY it is another matter.....but you never ever see an unhappy Greek guy now do ya!.......Cheers Jimmy:eek::eek:

gpxbabe
17-04-08, 07:28 AM
Count me in too, Andrea. As you know, I share your birthday on Sunday so we had better have a bit of cake at lunch time. I'm not bringing candles though; I'd never fit them all on...... :rolleyes:

VixenAndrea
18-04-08, 08:06 AM
Guys and Girls
i need to know numbers for this ride so if you are interested in attending please let me know asap so i can organise extra meeting points if required....
i know you're coming gpxbabe....

old doc
19-04-08, 10:06 AM
Yep, count me in:)

PK-2000
19-04-08, 05:12 PM
will be there unless it's raining

VixenAndrea
22-04-08, 09:07 PM
so i have gpxbabe, old doc and pk2000... with joffa dropping in and a few other people i know on the ride too......
anyone else?

MIKER
22-04-08, 09:20 PM
so i have gpxbabe, old doc and pk2000... with joffa dropping in and a few other people i know on the ride too......
anyone else?

i cant make it "sorry" i'd really would have liked to though , anyway who would want a traitor Suzuki rider there anyway ..

VixenAndrea
23-04-08, 08:26 AM
you seem to forget that i'm a traitor vtr rider....

jefflthomas
23-04-08, 09:01 AM
can't trust anybody these days :mad:

oldbitz
23-04-08, 09:14 AM

It's got 2 wheels and isn't a cage so your no traitor..:D

MIKER
23-04-08, 08:11 PM

then were both traitors , stone us .. :p

Christo
23-04-08, 08:19 PM
then were both traitors , stone us .. :p

Nah that'd be cruel and unusual punishment............
...........for the stones!:eek::p

MIKER
23-04-08, 08:21 PM
^^
+ 1 agree , we must think of those poor ol' stone's now .. :rolleyes:

bens369
23-04-08, 08:23 PM
hey...cmon people...gettin stoned isn't all that bad ...is it...????:rolleyes:

Christo
23-04-08, 08:36 PM
^^
+ 1 agree , we must think of those poor ol' stone's now .. :rolleyes:

I'll say! Have you seen the state of Keith's arthritis? And Mick looks like a hospice patient!

Christo
23-04-08, 08:44 PM
The original "Biker's Friend"!

bens369
23-04-08, 08:47 PM
hahaha...well done...that's quite a nice drop actually...
warms you from head to toe...necked straight from the bottle...;)

Christo
23-04-08, 08:53 PM
hahaha...well done...that's quite a nice drop actually...
warms you from head to toe...necked straight from the bottle...;)

I remember Rallys in the 70's, there was laways some dropkick that would finish his stones, throw some petrol in the bottle and throwit on the inevitable bonfire that accompanied these types of function, my swag was peppered with small holes from flying glass shrapnel.

oldbitz
23-04-08, 08:57 PM
I remember Rallys in the 70's, there was laways some dropkick that would finish his stones, throw some petrol in the bottle and throwit on the inevitable bonfire that accompanied these types of function, my swag was peppered with small holes from flying glass shrapnel.

Fair go Christo if you can remeber them then you werent having a go back then:D

Christo
23-04-08, 09:00 PM
Fair go Christo if you can remeber them then you werent having a go back then:D

Mate, I can't help it that I can handle my liquor!:p

VixenAndrea
24-04-08, 10:47 AM
anyone joining tomorrow needs to be at the park and ride in doncaster at 9am or at calder park at 10am

VixenAndrea
26-04-08, 07:24 PM
We had a great time on Anzac Day with a FANTASTIC bunch of people..... If anyone has pics can they please send them to me...
Thoughts for the next ride would be an 'overnighter' to say Apollo Bay via the GOR (Great Ocean Road) so if anyone is interested, please let me know so i can get an idea of numbers...
cheers and thanks again for the great company and the great ride

bens369
26-04-08, 07:31 PM
We had a great time on Anzac Day with a FANTASTIC bunch of people..... If anyone has pics can they please send them to me...
Thoughts for the next ride would be an 'overnighter' to say Apollo Bay via the GOR (Great Ocean Road) so if anyone is interested, please let me know so i can get an idea of numbers...
cheers and thanks again for the great company and the great ride

i'm interested....maybe start another thread 'vixen'....:D:D

old doc
26-04-08, 09:19 PM
Hear hear, GREAT ride, great people, weather good, light traffic... (are we going to confess the bit about getting l*st?

VixenAndrea
26-04-08, 09:48 PM
Hear hear, GREAT ride, great people, weather good, light traffic... (are we going to confess the bit about getting l*st?

absolutely not!!!!

bens369
26-04-08, 09:50 PM

OMG...!!!LOST!!!...LOST!!!...who led the ride?...no wonder it took so long to post a response...was anybody left at 'hanging rock'...do we need to send out a search party...????:p

Geographically Disorientated...;)

Christo
26-04-08, 09:51 PM
Miiirraaaannda!

ZX10R_Damo
26-04-08, 09:57 PM
Hi all

Yes I am in for an overnight ride to Apollo Bay - weather dependent of course.

Sounds like the ANZAC day ride was fun, had to go march with the ol man, like a good son should!

Keep me informed

Damo

VixenAndrea
26-04-08, 10:44 PM
here are some of the pics from the day....

devotus
26-04-08, 10:47 PM
good pics, a few there for the ride. all nice bikes too

VixenAndrea
26-04-08, 11:10 PM
there were a fair few of us.... from this forum and my site as well.... was all good fun and apart from having to wait so long for food it was a great day

devotus
26-04-08, 11:28 PM
your site??

jefflthomas
26-04-08, 11:49 PM
nice pics again Andrea

why are they always so small though

devotus
27-04-08, 12:29 AM
click on pics ya crazy welshman

jefflthomas
27-04-08, 01:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ZRXgremlin/Smilies/knock2.gif wtf do you think i'm doing!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ZRXgremlin/Smilies/mut.gif

still only get this big http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ZRXgremlin/Smilies/headbang.gif

http://www.kawariders.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=3494&d=1209213857

VixenAndrea
27-04-08, 03:43 AM
i run a newsletter called 'VicRiders' and organise rides for just anyone that wants to join. still in its infant stages but have pics, blogs, calender.... all that stuff
http://vicriders.spaces.live.com/

devotus
27-04-08, 11:43 AM
i run a newsletter called 'VicRiders' and organise rides for just anyone that wants to join. still in its infant stages but have pics, blogs, calender.... all that stuff
http://vicriders.spaces.live.com/

good on ya vixen thats great.

devotus
27-04-08, 11:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ZRXgremlin/Smilies/knock2.gif wtf do you think i'm doing!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ZRXgremlin/Smilies/mut.gif

still only get this big http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ZRXgremlin/Smilies/headbang.gif

http://www.kawariders.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=3494&d=1209213857

how f'n big do ya want em magoo?!

jefflthomas
27-04-08, 01:13 PM
gracias for asking amigo

i'm not fussy

1024 X 768 would be fine

http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/mut.gif

devotus
27-04-08, 01:14 PM
:D:D:D......

VixenAndrea
28-04-08, 11:56 AM
more pics to enjoy - hopefully bigger!

VixenAndrea
28-04-08, 12:01 PM
and last but not least

VixenAndrea
28-04-08, 12:04 PM
ok so maybe one more lot

WINESY
28-04-08, 05:35 PM
Hey Andrea, In the 2nd row of photos, the third pic is of some of you guys at a lookout or something. There's a guy with red hair in the pic, what's his name??? Strange question but he looks the spitting image of a guy I went to school with but that would just be too much of a coincidence I'm sure..
Carly

bens369
28-04-08, 05:50 PM
excellent work there vixen...thanks for sharing...:D

MIKER
28-04-08, 07:02 PM
good to see all had a great ride , great pic's .. ;)

VixenAndrea
28-04-08, 10:01 PM
Hey Andrea, In the 2nd row of photos, the third pic is of some of you guys at a lookout or something. There's a guy with red hair in the pic, what's his name??? Strange question but he looks the spitting image of a guy I went to school with but that would just be too much of a coincidence I'm sure..
Carly

how long ago? his name is Marc....

WINESY
29-04-08, 08:16 PM
Hi Andrea, The guy I was thinking of was named Darren, he finished school about 14/15yrs ago. They are just identical! Amazing....
Carly

VixenAndrea
29-04-08, 09:25 PM
that could be the whole doppelganger thingy whatchamacallit......