PDA

View Full Version : Reefton Run-Sunday 30th

strika
29-03-08, 02:28 PM
meet point 10.00am Yarra Glen (Opp the larger Servo in town). Expect lots of corners and about 320k's for the day. Held regardless of weather! although the net reckons.......... SUN Mostly Sunny. Mild. 13 km/h
WNW - 74% 11 20 :cool:

jefflthomas
29-03-08, 02:33 PM
holy shyte!

your weather reports tells you how fast to go!!! http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/spoton.gif

strika
29-03-08, 03:27 PM
holy shyte!

your weather reports tells you how fast to go!!! http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/spoton.gif

Nah mate...that's prevailing winds!! So you know when you will be able to do 250 and when you will be able to do 270!!!!!!:D

strika
30-03-08, 05:21 PM
Wow!! What a fantastic day of motorcycling it turned out to be!! I rolled into the meet point just in time for the usual riders briefing...."Racing is dangerous......blah blah blah!" and we soon headed off up to Toolangi and back down to Healesville via the chum Ck and Myers Ck Rd's. We had a couple of hold ups along here. The First was rescuing a learner, who was not on our ride and had tipper it over the edge. Rider OK, bike rideable and we retrieved it from the engulfing bush!
The 2nd was a motorcycle cop doing licence rego and RWC checks at the intersection into Healesville!!! Another 15 minute delay while we were harassed. I remember know why I don't visit that area on weekends as a rule!!! Once under way again we rode around to Yarra Junction and up to Warburton and the Bakery for a bite.

After a rac.....err brisk run... up to the top of Mt Donna Buang and back down, the run up to the bottom of the Reefton was sedate, with all of us wary of "the presence". We passed three seperate "members" on the Reefton itself alone!!!! The run up Reefton itself was still fun. It's a tight road and 100 kph is fine in 90% of it. So we just chilled in those other 10% bits!! But in the 90% bit, we gave it at least 70%!! It was a great run up, with the leader GSXR mounted, the Rex up it's chuff, closely followed by "that" well ridden 954! I used 4th all the way up with very little brakes, just using the motor to control the pace! The Rex's throttle is like a volume control on a big **** off stereo!! What noise would you like??? 100?? 160??? 90?? It doesn't really matter. Just twist the round black bit to the spot you want and it's there!!! It's a bit of a giggle actually.....sitting on a $1.00, then decide you want to make it $1.60....just twist and you are there!!! It's almost instant just like that stereo's volume knob!!!!!
The surface was exceptionally clean and grippy, with the three of us freight training our way to the top. We had a bit of a lift in pace through the last section of fast constant radius turns up at the top, as the ride leader decided he wanted to attempt to gap us. The Rex and the 954 just dialled up a little bit more turn speed and putthe pressure back on the leader!! Sure enough....a few corners later, He ran it wide entering a bowl shaped left hander which tightens on the exit!!! He managed to slow it enough on the wrong side of the road to pull it back and make the turn ever so slowly! One corner later was the T-intersection at the top!!! Silly boy...but no harm done thankfully!!

We stopped at the top to allow a few who aren't bike fit to catch there breath and then we continued up and over to Marysville. The road was once again clean and clear. We stopped at Fraza's for a bite and refuelled at the servo before then heading up to Buxton. Along here our ride leader for the day had to stop and have a chat with the very same two wheeler who licence checked us in Healesville!! Poetic justice maybe??

We then did the Molesworth rd. (I here you ask, and it''s about $40 these days I think!! ) and then back down to Yea. Across to Junction Hill and then Flowerdale and up to Kinglake West for the ride end. Once again the same three protaginists engaged in a bit of a derby from Junction Hill all the way to Kinglake West. This series of easily spent $1.40-$1.60, sweepers is awesome fun!! The three of us left the usual territory marking signs to let the others know where to open the taps. 400 klms door to door and a brilliant day of motorcyling had by all!

Guilty By Association:
Sunshine-ZX9R
Strika-ZRX12
Bloke-GPZ900-Awe it's nice...ya should see it!! 6 piston brakes! Ohlins! Radial M/C! Original paint and bodywork!
Ben-CBR954
Ian-CBR1000
Dave-CBR600
Misho-GSXR7fiddie
Pina-****hix

devotus
30-03-08, 06:18 PM
two things mate... 1 that sounds like a sh*t tin of fun and second i'm starting to get the impression your a maniac:D:D

strika
30-03-08, 06:51 PM
two things mate... 1 that sounds like a sh*t tin of fun and second i'm starting to get the impression your a maniac:D:D

Half right mate!:D

MIKER
31-03-08, 07:58 PM
looks as though you had a great ride , well done .. :)

jefflthomas
31-03-08, 11:15 PM
http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/spoton.gif

torque's nice!!