PDA

View Full Version : good friday ride

VixenAndrea
14-03-08, 09:58 PM
im getting together with a few of my friends on good friday for a ride. some are fangers and some are cruisers so would suit any riders that wanna join.... let me know if anyone is interested

bens369
14-03-08, 10:02 PM
:)time...date...place...and are you throwing a bbq afterwards...being 'good friday' an all...???:D:cool:

Article99
14-03-08, 11:13 PM
I'm there. :cool:

Fifty!
15-03-08, 02:44 PM
Sounds good - whats the plan of attack ? Can't be sure at the moment if I can make it but if I'm in Melbourne on Good Friday then I'm there. :D

Cruiserone
15-03-08, 04:33 PM
:)time...date...place...and are you throwing a bbq afterwards...being 'good friday' an all...???:D:cool:

Good Friday means actually...

meat and alcohol on that day is a big NO NO!!

Cheers

bens369
15-03-08, 05:42 PM
Good Friday means actually...

meat and alcohol on that day is a big NO NO!!

Cheers

i'll repent on my last breath and all will be forgiven...so ...until then it's....party on doods...:cool:

VixenAndrea
15-03-08, 07:22 PM
if you all pm me with your mobile numbers i will send an sms when i know time and place for meeting and approx destination. obviously it has to be somewhere thats open for brekky!!!!!

Joffaboy
16-03-08, 06:58 AM
Hi Andrea sms me and if I can I will be there

Christo
16-03-08, 10:51 AM
I gave up repentence for lent!:rolleyes:

IndioGomez
17-03-08, 12:44 PM
Hi Andrea, i wish I could make it but I already made commitments with another group of riders from the Uhlans MC, they will have a poker run on that day, go around kinlake and so on, hundreds of bikes apparently, we will see.

Scarecrow_01
17-03-08, 01:54 PM
I'll try my best to come along.
Hey Andrea,
Since your organising this ride, does that mean that your actually going to turn up this time? Maybe that nice new honda will get you there?

Hehehehehehe :p

Article99
17-03-08, 06:05 PM
Looks like I'm gonna hafta dip out. (Usual family stuff, being easter and all.)

VixenAndrea
17-03-08, 06:47 PM
yes im coming ........... and we will probably end up doing the whole reefton thing

VixenAndrea
18-03-08, 11:43 AM
ok - so the plan is For those interested, Meeting point will be at Mobil Service Station (next to Knox Shopping Centre) with a view to travelling down to Flinders for fish and chips via Arthers Seat.
meeting time to be advised - alternate meeting point on the other side of town also tba...

meeting time at the Mobil next to Knox (cnr Burwood Highway and Stud Road) at 830am for a 9am departure

jefflthomas
18-03-08, 12:37 PM
im getting together with a few of my friends on good friday for a ride. some are fangers and some are cruisers so would suit any riders that wanna join.... let me know if anyone is interested

what's a fanger?

VixenAndrea
18-03-08, 01:51 PM
fanger = squirter = speeder

VixenAndrea
18-03-08, 01:55 PM
All,
Approximate ride route for Friday. Meet at Mobil cnr Burnwood Hwy and Stud Rd (next to Knox City) 830, leave BY 9am. Travel down Stud Rd to Frankston-Dandenong Rd, onto Nepean Highway, stop at Mornington for coffee, head off to Arthur’s Seat for a squirt, around to Boneo with final destination of Flinders. Anyone wanting to meet along the way, please choose a destination and advise me so we can arrange a short stop…

jefflthomas
18-03-08, 02:05 PM
fanger = squirter = speeder

http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/dohx.gif whoops!!......i'm trying to cut down http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/unsure.gif

aossie
18-03-08, 02:52 PM
Hi what time at Mornington, I finish night shift that morning and if Im ok the Bride and I might come along

bens369
18-03-08, 03:27 PM
what's a fanger?

it could also be misconstrued ( if not pronounced correctly ) as being something that gives protection against disease and pregnancy...:rolleyes:

VixenAndrea
18-03-08, 03:59 PM
and if it was misconstrued then it would reduce the squirter!

VixenAndrea
18-03-08, 04:04 PM
Hi what time at Mornington, I finish night shift that morning and if Im ok the Bride and I might come along

just sms me and let me know if youre coming so we can sort out the approx time we will get to you. ive pm'd you my number for the day (i have to take the work mobile coz its better coverage)

Fifty!
18-03-08, 09:55 PM
Hi Andrea, i wish I could make it but I already made commitments with another group of riders from the Uhlans MC, they will have a poker run on that day, go around kinlake and so on, hundreds of bikes apparently, we will see.

I been on that ride a few times and its a great day covering some really good roads ... enjoy !!!

VixenAndrea
19-03-08, 12:26 PM
for anyone joining the ride coming from the other side of town...

Stud road just South of the Monash freeway (South Eastern) there is a Basket Ball Stadium,

That would be the easiest with least amount of turns probably the quickest place for you to get to along our proposed route.

bens369
19-03-08, 02:23 PM
i'll be there before 9am...and if the weather is anything like todays..then we're in for a treat...:D....:cool:

WINESY
19-03-08, 07:08 PM
I would love to come and meet some of you for a ride but have got 3 broken ribs at the moment and it's proving to be painful enough driving my car let alone riding my bike! Maybe next time when you go towards the Peninsula again....
Carly

ninja167
20-03-08, 04:50 AM
Thaks for the invite Andrea , I wont be able to make it , the shift work curse strikes again {working}:mad: .To everyone that is going enjoy the ride and stay safe .
cheers all :D

homer501
20-03-08, 11:53 AM
Forecast for Friday
A brief early shower clearing to a fine and day with sunny periods developing.
Moderate south to southeasterly winds.

Precis: Becoming fine.
City: Min 11 Max 21

bom are not always right

Christo
20-03-08, 12:45 PM
Forecast for Friday
A brief early shower clearing to a fine and day with sunny periods developing.
Moderate south to southeasterly winds.

Precis: Becoming fine.
City: Min 11 Max 21

bom are not always right

11 degrees! Are you kidding? Hope you've installed your heated handgrips!:p
Christo.

jefflthomas
20-03-08, 12:57 PM
Christo.

http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/mut.gif there's still a 5ft snowbank beside my truck

jefflthomas
20-03-08, 01:44 PM
yep, it's C here too

this winter's been more of a C than usual http://www.maximumbikes.com/forums/images/smilies/cold.gif

bens369
20-03-08, 03:36 PM
Christo.

and with south to southeasterly winds...that should bring the temp down another 10 degrees...oohhhhhh.....yeaaaahhhhh.....this is what it's all about...wooohooo...:cool:

aossie
21-03-08, 07:39 AM
Sorry guy and gals home from work and need the beauty sleep:o.......hopefully next time