PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Z750

Juz750
11-03-08, 02:40 PM
Hi Guys

I came across this forum when I thought I was getting an 05 z750 but the bike I fell in love with was a repairable write-off

I saw it in the advertised for $6500 with 15K on the clock. Took it for a spin and it didn't miss a beat. I am a night shift worker and after taking it out I couldn't sleep I was buzzing so much.

Had booked the pre-purchase inspections and was checking it out with Vicroads when they gave me the bad (good..) news.

Anyway, I have been without a bike for 3 whole weeks now and am dying to find something. I had narrowed my sights down to a 900 hornet, FZ6 or the z750. A zed is my top priority, preferably black.

Have made the calls and been checking the internet sights but there is not much quality out there. I dont want to buy brand new but will if I cant find the right bike at the right price.

If anyone knows anyone thinking of selling one of these babies let me know. Although it seems like I'm in a rush I am going o/s mid year and could do without spending the money, but hey lifes too short.

If there are any dealers out there - also looking at 07 ex-demos, 06/07 new, 05-07 second hand with not toooo many k's on it.

Thanks guys :)

Bikenagain
11-03-08, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the site mate :D

Phat750
11-03-08, 03:10 PM
Hey mate, good luck with ur search!

Keep n eye on ebay n bikepoint.com.au! If u r prepared to go out of state there is one in nowra about 45mins from my place, its orange with true flame airbushing...Quite tastefully done i must say!:cool:

If u get keen let me kno, i'l put u up 4 the night!

Keep ur head up bro! It took me about 3 months 2 find mine but when i did i got a damn good deal! 2004 model, micron exhaust, low kays, race stand...Only paid $6800! N i love her! Unfortunately since then i'v parted with copious ammounts of $$$ coz i cant stop modifying it!:D

Fifty!
11-03-08, 05:54 PM
Hey mate, good luck with ur search!

Keep n eye on ebay n bikepoint.com.au! If u r prepared to go out of state there is one in nowra about 45mins from my place, its orange with true flame airbushing...Quite tastefully done i must say!:cool:

If u get keen let me kno, i'l put u up 4 the night!

Keep ur head up bro! It took me about 3 months 2 find mine but when i did i got a damn good deal! 2004 model, micron exhaust, low kays, race stand...Only paid $6800! N i love her! Unfortunately since then i'v parted with copious ammounts of $$$ coz i cant stop modifying it!:D

Show us a few pics of the beast .... I would love to see !!

Juz750
11-03-08, 05:59 PM
Cheers guys

Nice ride Phat750. Very tough! Any pics??

For the moment I will keep it local. Thanks for the offer. Also I want Black. Only ever had black and IMO naked looks better black. Having said that, the 08 blue looks tough and can be worked with.

I have been on ebay, bikepoint, bikesales, and the trading post everyday. Also looking at other forums and constantly ringing the kawa dealers around Melbourne to see who can do me a deal. I know I just have to be patient but I didnt expect my other ride to sell so quickly. We've had beaut weather lately and all the boys have been out on the bikes:(

Hey Phat750, what mods have you made?? Performance?? Looks?? Anything you would recommend / waste of time doing??

Article99
11-03-08, 08:03 PM
Traditionally speaking, this is the worst time of year to be buying a bike. Try looking June/July odd. (Just after the accountants and salesman have sold theirs after a miserable winter.)

Fifty!
11-03-08, 08:52 PM
If there are any dealers out there - also looking at 07 ex-demos, 06/07 new, 05-07 second hand with not toooo many k's on it.

Thanks guys :)

Would you interested in a black Z1000 ex demo in Melbourne ? If so I will get you some details tomorrow ...

Juz750
12-03-08, 06:07 AM
Would you interested in a black Z1000 ex demo in Melbourne ? If so I will get you some details tomorrow ...

could be. $$$ is more the issue rather than anything else. But would be more than interested to get the details...

Phat750
12-03-08, 08:21 AM
I know how u feel! I wanted a black 1 too! Ended up with the metallic blue, really grew on me tho!

Nah iv gotta get around 2 takin some pics hey! It seems to be a bit of a prerequisite here! Been abit lazy tho:rolleyes: Plus i keep scrapin my bellypan from leaning over a bit too far!:mad:

All my mods have mostly been aesthetic at this point, although a PCIII, air box mod, n dyno tune r definatly on the cards!...as soon as i get permission:p

So far mods include:Carbon fibre radiator n side covers, bar end mirrors, fender eliminator, tail lights with built in indicators, seat cowl, bellypan, '06' ZX636 rear shock & tail lift kit! Currently sourcing an exhaust bracket so i can get rid of the rear foot pegs (a perk of having a girlfriend thats scared of bikes!:D) I'l also do a 636 front end conversion later on this year! Hopefully! Oh n i also got a blue licence plate! Looks killer!

N thats about it! I'l be sure to post some pics as soon as i get around to it!

Fifty!
12-03-08, 05:58 PM
could be. $$$ is more the issue rather than anything else. But would be more than interested to get the details...

Black Z1000 current model ... fender elim ... micro indicat .... 3,200 kms $13,500 on road .... prob a but out of the price range your were thinking but a sweet ride !!!

Juz750
12-03-08, 09:28 PM
Black Z1000 current model ... fender elim ... micro indicat .... 3,200 kms $13,500 on road .... prob a but out of the price range your were thinking but a sweet ride !!!

sounds good. In 6 months time it would probably be in the $$ range. It might stretch it a little. I have often argued with myself about going straight to the 1000.

For now - going overseas later this year, trying to pay the 2 bedroom castle in the Melbourne property market.. as well as a new 750 - a good compromise, but not over the top:D