PDA

View Full Version : New learner test questions...victoria...

bens369
05-03-08, 04:44 PM
just had a mate go for his learners written test...apparently a new system of questions...one of the questions goes along these lines...
Q; it's a hot sunny day and you're about to go for a ride...which is the most appropriate top to wear?
A; thick leather long sleeve jacket.
B; thin leather long sleeve jacket or
C; short sleeve leather top.

the correct answer was C...?
WTF...that does not sound right to me and if it is , then it's teaching new riders some bad skills...
there were a few more questions similar to that one where the answers were just absurd...people are going to get hurt...
maybe there is a hidden agenda to kurb or deter motorcycle riders....???:confused:

Joffaboy
05-03-08, 06:09 PM
that sounds pretty stupid

Article99
05-03-08, 06:15 PM
That's bull****. Plain and simple. Whoever came up with the Q&As should either be shot or hung. Possibly both. :mad:

MorganGT
05-03-08, 07:15 PM
That's moronic. The answer to that question is always A - and if it's too hot for that, then it's too hot to ride.

IndioGomez
05-03-08, 08:02 PM
That is absolutely ridicoulous isn't it? Maybe they were translating the exam from Chinese to English.:D

homer501
10-03-08, 06:16 PM
you have got to be joking they are now teaching ppl to be squids?

SilverFox
14-03-08, 11:47 AM
just had a mate go for his learners written test...apparently a new system of questions...one of the questions goes along these lines...
Q; it's a hot sunny day and you're about to go for a ride...which is the most appropriate top to wear?
A; thick leather long sleeve jacket.
B; thin leather long sleeve jacket or
C; short sleeve leather top.

the correct answer was C...?
WTF...that does not sound right to me and if it is , then it's teaching new riders some bad skills...
there were a few more questions similar to that one where the answers were just absurd...people are going to get hurt...
maybe there is a hidden agenda to kurb or deter motorcycle riders....???:confused:

Yep, my theories coming true,

Put more brain dead idiots into the training system and this is what we get.

Jim

Rob1943
14-03-08, 04:17 PM
I had to read Ben's thread twice as it seemed to be a joke at first ........ "Is this for REAL ???? "

We (Riders), must have some way of getting a petition together and getting a large enough organisation such as say MRA to voice our objection to this ridiculous and more over "Dangerous" approach to the Learners future's !!!!

Is it any wonder that so many so called "Rules" are not followed when they are obviously written by moroners !!!!!! Who was that tool of a Government Politician that was pictured recently on a bike in the newspaper dressed up in leathers promoting better ridng skills ............. maybe he would like to trial the "short sleeve leather top" style of "Gravel Rash" !!!!!!!!

"LEARNERS" .... answer the question to get your permit but DO NOT follow stupid suggestions such as this !!!!!!!!

Rob1943 :mad:

bens369
14-03-08, 04:39 PM
:(Rob1943...mate...i questioned my mate about this and asked him if he was pulling my leg...he said ...the instructor even said ...that must be wrong...but if you did not pick the correct answer it was a fail...evidently...my mate had to re-sit the test...for not supplying the quota of correct answers...my mate said there was about 3 or 4 "dodgy" questions...
common sense is no longer the sensible answer...

EVERYBODY...IT'S TIME...TO GO...CRAZY...YEHAAAHHHHH...!!!:eek:

gpxbabe
14-03-08, 05:52 PM
OK, I've got a great leaflet produced by Spokes on appropriate protective gear for riders - well I googled it and found it is part of the TAC, so I've fired an email off to them to ask them to look into it. Don't suppose I'll hear anything back, but I feel better now :D (And don't ask me what I was doing riding a kid's dirt bike in my bikini last weekend :eek:)

penguineer
14-03-08, 06:20 PM
(And don't ask me what I was doing riding a kid's dirt bike in my bikini last weekend :eek:)

http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/products/bikini/index.htm :eek:

Cheers?

gpxbabe
14-03-08, 06:46 PM
Well I have the jeans in the same pink camo, so it would definitely coordinate! Not sure about the heels though.......

bens369
14-03-08, 06:50 PM
(And don't ask me what I was doing riding a kid's dirt bike in my bikini last weekend :eek:)

As Cruiserone would say...pics...pics...where are the pics...???:D

brucey
14-03-08, 06:59 PM
ummm im fairly sure you dont need to take a written test to get your motorbike L's. you MUST have at least your car L's to take your motorbike learners test, so that certain ppl know you know and understand road rules. the motorcycle test only tests whether your able to ride a motorcycle confidently and be able to operate all aspects of the motorcycle safetly and responsibly... i would know, i only just passed my L's test.

bens369
14-03-08, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=brucey;32177]ummm im fairly sure you dont need to take a written test to get your motorbike L's.
when i took my learners...i did a written and a practical...and that's the only written i've been required to take...

Article99
14-03-08, 07:05 PM
It's different down here in God's Country, Brucey.

for you bike L's there is a small theory component with the test. ;)

bens369
14-03-08, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Article99;32181]It's different down here in God's Country

OOHHHHHH....that makes me cringe...i think you vic's stole that one from us Queenslandaahhhh's......:D:D

Article99
14-03-08, 07:16 PM
Baah. Don't make me laugh. Us Mexicans have known it since time was time. We just didn't run around saying it all the time. Now that the QLD's have stolen it, it's only right that we take it back... :p

brucey
14-03-08, 07:16 PM
oh ya, forgot u lived in a diff state :p well it doesnt surprise me they gave your mate that question then :D

devotus
14-03-08, 07:25 PM
gods country!? you must be smoking crack;):p:D

gpxbabe
14-03-08, 08:10 PM
No Pictures. Maybe next time ;)

VixenAndrea
14-03-08, 09:56 PM
OK, I've got a great leaflet produced by Spokes on appropriate protective gear for riders - well I googled it and found it is part of the TAC, so I've fired an email off to them to ask them to look into it. Don't suppose I'll hear anything back, but I feel better now :D (And don't ask me what I was doing riding a kid's dirt bike in my bikini last weekend :eek:)

i bet you looked as hot as hell in your itsy bitsy bikini - ive seen you in bathers remember - and youre a very hot lady gpxbabe.... even my son and his friends agree

Article99
14-03-08, 11:12 PM
So what does that make you, Andrea? A yummy mummy? :p

Rob1943
14-03-08, 11:41 PM
Ok ok now this is serious .............. GPXbabe why wasn't you on this kid's bike ........ LOL I mean mine :) Ohhh hang on the BOSS dosn't go overseas until mid April, maybe I'll have to wait till after she's gone :)

Rob1943 :p

gpxbabe
15-03-08, 06:37 AM
Oooooh, text me :D

ctruong
15-03-08, 07:20 AM
It's different down here in God's Country, Brucey.

for you bike L's there is a small theory component with the test. ;)

Hehehe .. To re-phrase: Every states have different approach in issuing licenses ...
Apparently, Victoria is planning to follow NSW where L-plater can ride certain 600cc motorcycles.

Cheers,
ctruong.

Vic ninja Rider
20-03-08, 02:38 PM
I sat the Learner test just last week with Rider Bros and found that there was more than one question that could be interpreted different ways or was difficult to understand. The test was very poorly written, however the instructors at Rider Bros were very helpful and willing to explain any query from an experience and practical point of view rather than the point of view of some professor sitting behind his desk writing the test. There is no dounbt the Learner theory test is average at best and this question is makes it blatantly obvious that the powers that be have no idea.

bens369
20-03-08, 06:30 PM
yes...thank the powers that be , the riding instructors have the common sense to realise it's a load of cowpat...
but just imagine what is going to happen when new riders actually get the right answer because they've read the new format and answer "correctly", yet not necessarilly the safest or best common sense option...

The pen pushers making these decisions should be made to go out and get their bike licences so that they have an understanding...

And that should be generic in any job or situation...now i've got myself going...:rolleyes: