PDA

View Full Version : Ride on Sunday 2nd March

IndioGomez
28-02-08, 09:39 PM
Is anyone interested in going for a ride on Sunday? I was thinking towards the DAndenongs, but if you have other suggestions, let me know. All I want to do is just go for a cruise with other AKF members and enjoy the scenary. Taking off early so we can come back before 6pm. I live around Northern Suburbs, so Kinglake is also another option. Put our names down and send me a PM if you have more questions. CHeers.

Scarecrow_01
28-02-08, 10:16 PM
Would love to come out, but unfortunately I made the mistake of putting my hand up at work for the BRW Triathlon, so on Sunday I'll be riding my "other" bike.
10km cycle without an engine just ain't quite as much fun.:confused:

IndioGomez
28-02-08, 10:26 PM
Thanks for replying anyway Scarecrow, maybe I will get to meet you next ride. Cheers

Colsie
29-02-08, 04:35 AM
I would have gone for sure,But I have a Broken Clutch cable,Thats annoying But You know whats worse,Kawasaki tell me there isnt One to be had In the Country,they also tell me Its a 3 week waite.....they never told me parts were Gunna be Hard to come By when they sold me the Bike....Not happy Jan:D

Enjoy your ride Hopefully catch up with you down the track.

gpxbabe
29-02-08, 06:21 AM
Don't worry, Indio, I'll come out and play with you :D I've had the boss's approval for a blast on Sunday. Don't mind where we go as long as there is coffee at some point :D I'll PM you my number.

MIKER
29-02-08, 07:14 AM
hi "Allan" i am in the process of modding my bike , so next time .. ;)

IndioGomez
29-02-08, 08:47 AM
I would have gone for sure,But I have a Broken Clutch cable,Thats annoying But You know whats worse,Kawasaki tell me there isnt One to be had In the Country,they also tell me Its a 3 week waite.....they never told me parts were Gunna be Hard to come By when they sold me the Bike....Not happy Jan:D

Enjoy your ride Hopefully catch up with you down the track.

How did you break your clutch cable Colsie? Hope you can sort that out quick. All the best and see you next time.

IndioGomez
29-02-08, 08:49 AM
hi "Allan" i am in the process of modding my bike , so next time .. ;)

That is ok Mean1, maybe next time. What exactly are you modding if you don't mind me asking? My mods have to wait until the next financial year, expenses and more expenses are the reason... but that is how life goes anyway, I am happy I can still go out for a ride. All the best Mike.

Colsie
29-02-08, 09:52 AM
Maybe able to make it After all Allan,Ferntree Gully Kawasaki Rang me to say they Got hold of a Cable from a Different model Vn900,they say it should fit:confused: so we will see Ill know tomorrow afternoon.They Originaly said it would be 3 to 4 week wait as there are no Cables to fit my Bike {900 custom} But told them I was,nt very happy so they rang back about 20min ago to say they may have One from a Different mod though.

The cable Broke 2 weeks ago when I went away with My Brother,went to Dargo for a weekend Ride, camping Out Under the stars Had a Great Time,But It was while we were down a Dirt road about 5KLM {Lower dargo} and snapp No clutch the Little ball at the lever came away "bugger". But we Pride our selves In Being Great Bush Mechanics...so we strip the end at the lever and rap it around a little nut and bolt that I taxed from my No plate,Tightened it up around the cable And put it back on the Lever,work perfectly to get me home but I wont ride it again until I get new cable:D

oldngrey
29-02-08, 11:08 AM
Guys - its World Superbikes on Sunday!! Not watching/going?

P.S.
When I say "guys", I mean "girls" too.:)

Joffaboy
29-02-08, 03:49 PM
Hi Al post a time and a place and if can make it I will

gpxbabe
29-02-08, 04:28 PM
I'd rather be riding :D:D:D

bens369
29-02-08, 05:06 PM
yeah...sounds good...will do my best to join in or meet up somewhere along the line...post some details...it's all good...:cool:

IndioGomez
29-02-08, 11:01 PM
Sorry about that guys, I did not realize it was World Superbikes this weekend, I would have gone, but not in the mood to do that this week. Good luck to the ones that are going though, enjoy the race.
with regards to a time and place to meet, I suppose it depends on where we are going doesn't it? If we are going towards the Dandenongs, which is all new to me, not experienced there, we can meet at kawasaki Ferntree Gully, say 9am? If you guys want to go towards Kinglake, not so experienced there either:D, we can meet at Mcdonalds Kingsbury, Plenty Rd and Kingsbury Drive (across La Trobe Medical Centre). PLease let me know what is more suitable.
So far riding with us:
Joffaboy
GPXBabe
Indio
Colsie (maybe)

IndioGomez
29-02-08, 11:03 PM
yeah...sounds good...will do my best to join in or meet up somewhere along the line...post some details...it's all good...:cool:

Good on ya mate, hope you can join us to a face to the name. Cheers.

Joffaboy
01-03-08, 07:40 AM
It's your ride Al so you set the place if you decide on the north meeting place can you make it 10 -10.30 instead of 9 as it means a very early start for us in the east particularly Colsie down in Hastings looking forward to seeing everyone again

IndioGomez
01-03-08, 02:19 PM
Hi Joffa, 10 am sounds alright to me, if it does not bother you coming down towards the rough northern suburbs. So far Colsie won't be coming since his cable did not arrive on time. If you want to meet at the Mcdonalds I have mentioned then I am happy to wait for you there.

Meeting place: Kingsbury Mcdonalds (Plenty Rd and Kingsbury Drive, Kingsbury)
TIme: 10am
Destination: Kinglake, etc...

gpxbabe
01-03-08, 02:38 PM
Hi Alan, see you and Joffa there at 10.00am. I guess I'll be coming up the South Eastern Freeway and then up Burke Road, setting off about 8.30 as I've no idea how long it will take. Never been to Kinglake, so looking forward to it. Hope there is somewhere to eat there, as I'll be ravenous after the early start :) Alan, can you text me you number? I have Joffa's already. Hope tomorrow morning is a bit warmer than this morning!

Joffaboy
01-03-08, 03:56 PM
See ya there at 10

IndioGomez
01-03-08, 10:03 PM
If anybody else wants to join the ride, just rock up at 10am at Kingsbury's Mcdonalds on Plenty Rd. Cheers

MorganGT
01-03-08, 10:22 PM
If I get up in time, I'll be there. Probably only about a 10 minute ride to get there, so ought to be able to get there by 10. And if I don't make it, I won't get another chance for the next 12 months - my licence suspension starts next Sunday :rolleyes:

gpxbabe
02-03-08, 02:55 PM
Thanks for a great ride, guys! How perfect was the weather?! Looking forward to the next one :D

Joffaboy
02-03-08, 07:20 PM
It was great to catch up to you and the boys again the weather,ride and company was perfect

Joffaboy
02-03-08, 07:21 PM
PS ....................the meanie looked very very good

bens369
02-03-08, 07:56 PM
thank-you all for a very pleasant intro and the ride was perfecto...sorry i had other commitments....next time it will be an all day-er...or even an over-nighter at some stage...looking forwards to it...thanks for the compliment on the machine...i respond by returning the same compliment to you guys...joffaboy, gpxbabe, morgangt and indiogomez...likeminded people doing what they enjoy...:cool::D

gpxbabe
02-03-08, 09:05 PM
Well, I was home by 3.45pm and the house was empty. Felt a bit bored, so decided to ride down to Phillip Island where Dave and kids were on the beach. Tea at Cowes and didn't get home till 9.30pm. 500km all up..... must be my longest ride yet!:D

IndioGomez
03-03-08, 01:59 PM
Well done guys!!! Thanks for showing up, GPXBabe, Joffaboy, MorganGT and Bens369, finally we met you Ben. Anyway, the weather was fantastic and it was just a perfect day to get out there on a motorcycle and enjoy the scenary, which we did. Great ride towards Kinglake and Yarra Glen, isn't it? The meat pies at that Kinglake were fantastic. Bikes were looking shinny on the day and Bens Meanstreak was the flavour of the day to be honest, what a great looking bike. Anyway, here are some photos:

Joffaboy
03-03-08, 05:29 PM
Great pictures Al all the bikes look the part
Thanks for posting them...........ps no camera flash off my nogin might be a hair growth spurt ...........one can only hope

IndioGomez
03-03-08, 06:10 PM
Ha ha, you are a funny man Joffa, by the way I think we have to roughen you up a little, turn your bike, which looks awesome by the way, into a mean machine, I am happy to do that for you if you wan, what do you reckon?:cool:

bens369
03-03-08, 07:07 PM
great pics Al...nice shine and sparkle...coming off those machines...via joffa's nogin...:D

MIKER
03-03-08, 08:48 PM
^^
great pic's of a great ride .. :cool:

Joffaboy
04-03-08, 06:37 AM
Alan I don't think mean will go with the pink socks

IndioGomez
04-03-08, 11:57 AM
Maybe not pink on it's own but if you add an image of a skull on your socks it might just make a big difference, what do you reckon?:cool:

Joffaboy
04-03-08, 04:36 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a project could be in the wind

Colsie
04-03-08, 07:39 PM
Gladd You Guys Had a Great Day,sorry I missed It ,Finally Got the Cable today, all sorted Now so Ill be there On the Next ride.:D