PDA

View Full Version : Bike & Car show tassie

Paulyn
16-02-08, 01:49 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick note,

On the 1st of March 2008, we are holding a bike & car show at the willows taven Risdon Vale tasmania.

All welcome to enter and great trophys to be won.. entrys start at 11am we are going to have limited space so to get a great spot come early.

Id love to see as many Kawasaki road bikes as possible, being owner myself, come look me up,

any more details please drop me a line and Ill post you out a flyer..

Lets hope for great weather... happy riding....

Zed900
16-02-08, 08:09 PM
Sounds good! Is this a regular show or new one? Expecting many?
BTW....where's Risdon Vale. :o
Maybe post the flyer on this forum. :)

Paulyn
17-02-08, 11:03 AM
Hi Zed900,

Yes this is a regular event and we are hoping to make this even bigger in years to come but we need the support of people like yourself to come along, enter and show everyone your bike (no matter how little or big your bike),

It is the first time I am involved with the organising of the cars and bikes but I am trying to get as much variety as possible, the trophy list this year is a trial for the variety of bikes/cars we have but if we have a number of same type of bikes/cars we will change trophy list to suit next year..

I have found in the past we have only had one or two jap bikes attend, Id like to see this change this year and for the future years to come.

There is usually a big crowd most of them just lookers and not really competors, Most coming for the live bands, Tattoo & Piercing comps, Stalls, Burnout comps, wet t-shirt comps, cars and bikes or most of all the beer.

Risdon vale is where the Prison is... actally the willows taven is right across the road from the prison on the east derwent highway, it is about 10 to 15km from hobart.

Hope to see you there come look me up....

And if you know anyone with a bike or a nice car tell them to come along they are all welcome

flyer posted....bye lynda

Paulyn
28-02-08, 07:35 PM
Important note.... our organisers have had a change of heart and now the entry is $5 dollars not the 15 as advertised...

so hope this helps you all get there this weekend... we would love to see you all and dont forget that trophy for best Jap bike.... or best clunker... so come one come all...

hope to see you there saturday... gates open at 11am....

Shelly
28-02-08, 08:24 PM
Tattoo & Piercing comps, Stalls, Burnout comps, wet t-shirt comps
Without being rude, that just says 'tattooed knuckle draggers' to me. Not my scene, even at five bucks.
Perhaps I'm just getting old. ;)

Christo
28-02-08, 08:59 PM
Not old Shelly just "classy"! I like to go and have a look at how things develope, but I usually leave before the more lively festivities start! (The strip shows and wet T-shirts just don't do it for me anymore). Keep up the high standards.
Christo.

bens369
29-02-08, 06:09 PM
Not old Shelly just "classy"! I like to go and have a look at how things develope, but I usually leave before the more lively festivities start! (The strip shows and wet T-shirts just don't do it for me anymore). Keep up the high standards.
Christo.
soooo....Christo...are you trying to promote your own status from 'old' to 'classy'...there is no justice in that...ohhh...sorry...that's resistence....it's alright if you can't keep it up...i mean stay up for the additional festivities...whatever the reason...hehehe....;)

Christo
29-02-08, 07:35 PM
Not me mate, I'm just a young fella, and no class either, when it comes to partying hard I reckon I could teach alot of these kids a thing or 2, but they may not learn the sorta lesson their mothers would want. As far as strippers and stuff goes, I got to much respect for my wife to be bothered with it. What I used to do all night though, now takes me all night to do!
Christo

Paulyn
29-02-08, 09:31 PM
Tattooed Knuckle Draggers.... Mmm well you havent a clue have you!!!

Oh well this red neck old gal will keep with what I know and as for classy Mmm well thats your opinion..

All I know is that I dont want to be a part of a forum that shoots down people that are trying to bring riders of all kinds together to ride as one... and to take people as they come not what they look like or what there standards are or how deep there pockets are....

with that I will sign off and remove this site from my computer...

thanks

your tattooed Knuckle drager

Christo
29-02-08, 10:43 PM
Bit sensitive there Paulyn! Shelly was expressing an opinion, and we all see it as such. Personally I've been associating with the Tattooed Knuckledraggers, for years, and count myself amongst their number, but as you are no doubt aware there is always an element that attends these shows, that are not to everyone's tastes, just as some of us may not be to yours.
I would say that Shelly was not referring to the organisers of the event rather some of the attendees, that one would assume to attend.
Nothing wrong with holding an event to bring bikers together either, but I also would not attend the Wet T-shirt comp, or any of the less savoury portions of the day, for my previously stated reasons, it would not however stop me from visiting to ogle the machinery, however as I reside in Queensland in this case it is all academic.
I hope that the day goes well, and personally hope you have a good time, and hope that you can get past this to remain a part of the forum, but you need to see that others have opinions, and be prepared to deal with it.
Christo.

Shelly
01-03-08, 10:49 AM
Tattooed Knuckle Draggers.... Mmm well you havent a clue have you!!!I said I wasn't being rude. Maybe if I said beer swilling, chauvinist perverts? I'm pretty sure you know exactly the sort of picture 'wet t-shirt comp' gives most people.

Oh well this red neck old gal will keep with what I know and as for classy Mmm well thats your opinion..Nobody is saying you can't flash your tits n tatts for bogans if you want.

All I know is that I dont want to be a part of a forum that shoots down people that are trying to bring riders of all kinds together to ride as one... and to take people as they come not what they look like or what there standards are or how deep there pockets are.... Oh, come on. :rolleyes: Now you're just getting precious. And you're dreaming ... just when do you think the Rebels, Henchies and Outlaws are going to ride with sportsbike riders?
Standards? Appearance? Pockets? Risdon Vale? Hahahahaha. Yes now I'm being rude.

with that I will sign off and remove this site from my computer...

thanks

your tattooed Knuckle dragerSeeya. Don't let the door hit you on the ...

ps. Dragger, with two Gs. ;)

btob
01-03-08, 11:42 AM
Bit sensitive there Paulyn! Shelly was expressing an opinion, and we all see it as such. Personally I've been associating with the Tattooed Knuckledraggers, for years, and count myself amongst their number, but as you are no doubt aware there is always an element that attends these shows, that are not to everyone's tastes, just as some of us may not be to yours.
I would say that Shelly was not referring to the organisers of the event rather some of the attendees, that one would assume to attend.
Nothing wrong with holding an event to bring bikers together either, but I also would not attend the Wet T-shirt comp, or any of the less savoury portions of the day, for my previously stated reasons, it would not however stop me from visiting to ogle the machinery, however as I reside in Queensland in this case it is all academic.
I hope that the day goes well, and personally hope you have a good time, and hope that you can get past this to remain a part of the forum, but you need to see that others have opinions, and be prepared to deal with it.
Christo.

DITTO Christo, couldn't have said it better. Shelly, you been strokin' that spray gun of yours lately?

Shelly
01-03-08, 12:11 PM
Yes Jay, I've been practising a bit with metallics. I'm still not entirely confident, but the results are improving.

btob
01-03-08, 12:17 PM
Yes Jay, I've been practising a bit with metallics. I'm still not entirely confident, but the results are improving.

Get something that you don't care about, and really lay on the material till you think that you're being rediculous with it. When you finally realise that you won't run it, that's when the fun starts, your confidence level goes through the roof, and your work will shine!!!:D It's all in YOUR perception of your limitations. Minimize your limitations, and you'll be on the cover of "who knows what"? How many times??? For what???