PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Ride

Eastern VN
08-02-08, 07:54 PM
Hey Guys and Girls, going for ride tomorrow morning from Ferntree Gully. If you would like to come be at the BP on Burwood Hwy at the end of Ferntree Gully rd at 10.30 am. I'm doing the twin spurs with a stop at the black spur inn for lunch.:) Weather permitting.

holdkawa
08-02-08, 10:12 PM
Hi Eastern VN , would like to get up to Melb sometime to meet fellow riders of the big smoke, but bit short notice for me , enjoy your ride tomorrow, take care.:D Kris.

MIKER
09-02-08, 07:12 AM
enjoy the ride .. ;)

Christo
09-02-08, 07:28 PM
Hey Guys and Girls, going for ride tomorrow morning from Ferntree Gully. If you would like to come be at the BP on Burwood Hwy at the end of Ferntree Gully rd at 10.30 am. I'm doing the twin spurs with a stop at the black spur inn for lunch.:) Weather permitting.

Hey E-Vn how was the ride?
Christo.

holly1
10-02-08, 03:24 PM
I was up there on an instructed ride with about 20 other bikes. hope you didn't get caught up with us? also hope you weren't the nutter that ran wide on reefton and nearly took out one of our corner marshalls.

Eastern VN
10-02-08, 08:59 PM
:The ride went well, opened the VN up on the rd from Cockatoo to Woori Yallok. We come across some riders near Yarra junction then coped some rain just before Reefton. There was two of us and the guy with me did drop his bike on the wet grass at the start of the reefton and lucky no damage just a bruised ego. Only the 2nd time I've done the Reefton and love it. The Reefton rd was perfect, no water at all, as for the road to Marysville it was damp and had me backing off. Got to the Spur inn and have to say you guys have to try the steak sandwich, it is sensational. Headed back along the Black spur then right at Healsville and up to Toolangi. Nice dry roads again, down the slide and over Mount Dandy and home. A great day riding and only coped 15 sec of a shower. LOVE THE VN 900.
P.s. for you guy asking about fuel gauges, have done 255kms on just over half a tank.:)