PDA

View Full Version : Twin spurs today Mon 28

[Aidan]
28-01-08, 05:39 PM
Fantastic day

Departed Vermont 830 with weekend_rider aboard the GPXs

Cruised up thru the spur to marysville, and with a lot of luck, only needed to pass 2 cars who both allowed us through fairly easily! Brilliant trouble free run, with clear roads and early morning sunshine

Quick stop at marysville, with a few lake mtn sprint cars lurking about, but surprisingly next to no bikes...where was everyone??

Then pressed on to the reefton spur, with a few bikes passing us the other way, but that was it. Very quiet.

Stopped at reefton pub for a drink, a few bikes cruised past. then on to warburton, where we finally saw a decent # of bikes heading the opposite way

Lasting memory of today besides the blissful ride was the number of new duke 1098s out...we must have seen at least 5 which was a large % of the number of bikes we saw overall!

Anyone else get up there?

MIKER
28-01-08, 07:55 PM
^^
i'm glad you had a great out @ the spur's .. :)

VixenAndrea
29-01-08, 09:57 AM
i was there yesterday!

[Aidan]
29-01-08, 03:18 PM
didnt see you...but then again i dont know what to look for :)

what time and where? we were finished and in warburton by 1230 ish

Scarecrow_01
29-01-08, 05:39 PM
Hey Aidan,
What area do you live in?
I live in Berwick, sounds like your close by. Maybe we should round the GPX's up for a group ride in.

[Aidan]
29-01-08, 07:11 PM
Hey Aidan,
What area do you live in?
I live in Berwick, sounds like your close by. Maybe we should round the GPX's up for a group ride in.

good idea mate

were in vermont south area, not too far...

done the spurs before?

weekend_rider
29-01-08, 07:17 PM
do i sense a GPX-Club in the making LOL

Spurs was a great run, just enough traffic not to be annoying. Having a 1098 in your mirrors is nice, but the noise as it passes is something else.........

Yeah scarecrow and andrea we will have to organise a group ride one weekend....... and anyone else out this way.

Scarecrow_01
29-01-08, 10:29 PM
Sounds like a great idea.
GPXBabe also lives down the road from me.

Vermont South is only about 30mins away sensible riding, but i'm sure I could do it in 20mins if i had a clear run, hehehe :p

Haven't had the chance to do the Spurs yet, everytime I go to head up there the weather turns bad.
I have how ever had some fantastic runs up and down Mt Dandenong.

Let me know when your free and we'll have to meet up, maybe even just to head over to Mocha Joe's for a coffee on afternoon.

[Aidan]
30-01-08, 08:48 AM
sounds great

we fairly regularly head up mountain hwy and then do the tourist rd, you could come up the back way and meet us in emerald/somewhere for a drink too

Scarecrow_01
30-01-08, 09:50 PM
I like it!
PM me your mobile and I'll sms you mine, and you can let me know when your next heading out.

I need to show off the GPX even more now that I don't have a P Plate on the back, less junk creating wind drag to slow me down!!!!!!

VixenAndrea
26-03-08, 07:23 PM
if you dont mind some old bonde chick on a non-kwaka joining you i live that way too......

[Aidan]
05-04-08, 10:44 AM
...pass

jks :-)